PDA

View Full Version : Help Very Miserable Cat

Mrs.B
August 4th 06, 01:37 PM
Hi, would like some advice concerning my cat Charlie. Last week Charlie's
sister Jasper was run over and killed, which all the family have found hard
to come to terms with. Although charlie is eating, his behavoiur has become
very clingy, he is constantly in the house meowing, following my children
around and when we take him in the garden he keeps digging in the spot where
we buried Jasper. I understand that he is missing his sister but ,we are
going on holiday nextweek and he will be going into the cattery for two weeks,
I am very concerned about what this will do to him? Will he think that we
have abandoned him?
Charlie is two and a half years old. (so was his sister )

bobmarley
August 4th 06, 01:51 PM
Mrs.B wrote:
> Hi, would like some advice concerning my cat Charlie. Last week Charlie's
> sister Jasper was run over and killed, which all the family have found hard
> to come to terms with. Although charlie is eating, his behavoiur has become
> very clingy, he is constantly in the house meowing, following my children
> around and when we take him in the garden he keeps digging in the spot where
> we buried Jasper. I understand that he is missing his sister but ,we are
> going on holiday nextweek and he will be going into the cattery for two weeks,
> I am very concerned about what this will do to him? Will he think that we
> have abandoned him?
> Charlie is two and a half years old. (so was his sister )

how sad :(

Im sorry for everyone

all you can do is re-assure him that youi love him
tell himi you miss jasper too

he's taking it hard, like everyone I reckon

he'll be fine at the cattery, will give him a chance to get his mind
off things
hopefully

maybe you could send one of jaspers blankets or something with him to
the cattery, something with her smell on it.

take care

Rhonda
August 6th 06, 05:03 AM
That's tough timing. Is there a friend or someone who he knows who could
stay with him at your house? I think staying in his own turf would be
better for him right now.

It's going to be tough on you too, worrying about him during your trip.

Keep thinking of other ideas, I hope you can work out what's best for
everyone.

Rhonda

Mrs.B wrote:
> I am very concerned about what this will do to him? Will he think that we
> have abandoned him?
> Charlie is two and a half years old. (so was his sister )

Mrs.B via CatKB.com
August 6th 06, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the advice everyone, unfortunately we cannot take him away
with us as we're off to venice in Italy, but we have spoken to the cattery
and she has advised us to bring his bedding and any of jaspers blankets and
toys, she also said she would contact us during our stay.
When we come back we have disscussed whether to get him a little companion,
any ideas whether we should get a new kitten to keep him company? male of
female kitten?