PDA

View Full Version : OT - How hot is it?

Magic Mood JeepŠ
August 4th 06, 03:35 PM
Remember that ol' saying where it was "so hot, you could fry an egg
on(sidewalk/road/hood of your car)"

Check out what this woman is doing:

http://www.theindychannel.com/foodnews/9628190/detail.html

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Pat
August 4th 06, 04:05 PM
"Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote

> Remember that ol' saying where it was "so hot, you could fry an egg
> on(sidewalk/road/hood of your car)"
>
> Check out what this woman is doing:
>
> http://www.theindychannel.com/foodnews/9628190/detail.html

Once when I attended an all-day horse training workshop I put a TV dinner on
the dashboard at 9 AM, and by lunch time it was fully cooked.

Monique Y. Mudama
August 4th 06, 04:55 PM
On 2006-08-04, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:
> Remember that ol' saying where it was "so hot, you could fry an egg
> on(sidewalk/road/hood of your car)"
>
> Check out what this woman is doing:
>
> http://www.theindychannel.com/foodnews/9628190/detail.html

Neat idea -- better than heating up the house using an oven!

Although, 200 degrees when it's 90 outside? I dunno. When it's 90+
out, I've still been able to sit in my car after it's been in the sun.
Not comfortably, but I imagine 200 degrees would cause injuries, no?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

badwilson
August 5th 06, 02:24 AM
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2006-08-04, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:
>> Remember that ol' saying where it was "so hot, you could fry an egg
>> on(sidewalk/road/hood of your car)"
>>
>> Check out what this woman is doing:
>>
>> http://www.theindychannel.com/foodnews/9628190/detail.html
>
> Neat idea -- better than heating up the house using an oven!
>
> Although, 200 degrees when it's 90 outside? I dunno. When it's 90+
> out, I've still been able to sit in my car after it's been in the sun.
> Not comfortably, but I imagine 200 degrees would cause injuries, no?

I'd imagine the 200 degrees would be with the car doors closed and she
wouldn't be sitting in there with her cookies while they were baking.
As soon as you open the car door, a lot of that heat would escape and as
soon as you turn it on, the a/c would cool it down, so if you get in a
hot car that's been sitting in the sun, you wouldn't be sitting in 200
degree heat for long.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Monique Y. Mudama
August 5th 06, 05:13 AM
On 2006-08-05, badwilson penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> Although, 200 degrees when it's 90 outside? I dunno. When it's
>> 90+ out, I've still been able to sit in my car after it's been in
>> the sun. Not comfortably, but I imagine 200 degrees would cause
>> injuries, no?
>
> I'd imagine the 200 degrees would be with the car doors closed and
> she wouldn't be sitting in there with her cookies while they were
> baking. As soon as you open the car door, a lot of that heat would
> escape and as soon as you turn it on, the a/c would cool it down, so
> if you get in a hot car that's been sitting in the sun, you wouldn't
> be sitting in 200 degree heat for long.

I guess ... in 90+ weather, I still don't turn on the A/C in my car if
I can avoid it, but you're probably right that a lot of heat escapes
the moment you open the doors.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully