PDA

View Full Version : I had a kittie dream

Enfilade
August 8th 06, 04:59 PM
Do you ever dream about KITTIE?

Here is my kittie dream I had last night:

I had a dream last night that we got a 5th Kittie. In the dream, my
dad got him because his owner had died in a fire and he had been burned
in the fire and his owner had left $1400 in the bank for his care (all
the owner had) but the humane society in Owen Sound said that would
only cover his vet care, not his support afterwards, so they were going
to put him to sleep and take the money (!) (Strange things happen in
dreams--I can't imagine them doing that IRL!) So my dad said no,
adopted him, used the money to get the vet to fix his burns, and we got
him. and Dylan didn't like his name, but it's kind of like Smokey,
Smokey had to stay Smokey, this dude had to stay "Lucky."

--Fil

PS Dylan hated Smokey's name. He wanted to rename him because first
it's a very common name and second, Dylan had a cat named Smokey when
he was a kid and it was sort of confusing to hear about another Smokey,
particularly since I believe Dylan's Smokey met an untimely death
thanks to a car.

But at that point, when we got Smokey-poke, everyone at the base had
been calling him Smokey for 3+ months. He answered to it, everyone
else called him Smokey, I called him Smokey, and....we finally had to
face it....there really wasn't a better name for a Smokey Poke. So, he
stayed Smokey (and pokey).

Lesley
August 9th 06, 09:42 AM
Enfilade wrote:

> I had a dream last night that we got a 5th Kittie.

Is this a dream or a premonition?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Enfilade
August 9th 06, 03:59 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Enfilade wrote:
>
> > I had a dream last night that we got a 5th Kittie.
>
> Is this a dream or a premonition?

It BETTER be a dream because 5 kittie in a 2 bedroom apartment is,
well, it's a lot of kittie. Especially when you have a small kitchen
:)

--Mary

Lesley
August 9th 06, 04:31 PM
Enfilade wrote:

> It BETTER be a dream because 5 kittie in a 2 bedroom apartment is,
> well, it's a lot of kittie. Especially when you have a small kitchen

And I bet Smokey and Tyche gallop to their dishes. I don't somehow see
Nox indulging in such uncouth behaviour!

We've got two in a 1 bed flat and it is a small flat. Our kitchen is
long and narrow, which usually leads to the traditional dawn chorus of:
"I can't get to your dish any faster the pair of two! Move it! If you
want fed I can't go round you to fill the dish. Sarsi! Are you trying
to break my neck! On second thoughts don't answer that!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Enfilade
August 9th 06, 06:34 PM
Lesley wrote:
> Enfilade wrote:
>
> > It BETTER be a dream because 5 kittie in a 2 bedroom apartment is,
> > well, it's a lot of kittie. Especially when you have a small kitchen
>
> And I bet Smokey and Tyche gallop to their dishes. I don't somehow see
> Nox indulging in such uncouth behaviour!

Wow. You got it in one.

Smokey screams about the impending threat of gravy famine the whole
way. Tyche just runs behind him and lets him do all the vocalizing.
Nox follows behind to supervise, in case I'm too stupid to figure out
how to open the can. She will only eat soft food if it's placed at the
opposite end of the kitchen from Tweedledumber and
Tweedlehe'satotalmoron. Meanwhile ,our Tweedledumb, Kumani, waits in
the bedroom because she knows that once the can is open, she will be
getting crunchies in the bedroom which she can eat in privacy alone.
Kumani hates what is in a can--soft food is served by that perverted
vet, after all.

--Fil