PDA

View Full Version : My bed buddy

badwilson
August 11th 06, 02:09 AM
Vino's definitely gotten way, way more affectionate since his health
scare last month. Not only is he a lap fungus every single night on the
couch now, he is also a total bed buddy.
The bed thing might have something to do with him being cold, but I
think he genuinely seeks more physical contact with his hoomins now. I
think he loves us more now because we made him feel better when he was
so sick.
What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.
Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)
He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Mischief
August 11th 06, 02:36 AM
You know what he's saying right?

"Meowmie, i love you furry FURRY much, for always and FUREVER! Just
don't ever ever EVER take me back to that horrible place where they
stuck something up my you-know-what"

Mayhem was VERY clingy after i adopted her after she spent a whole
semester being handle, poked, prodded and x-rayed as a program cat at
my college. She was saying, "I love you, but don't you EVER take me
back there AGAIN!!!"

cats....

Kristi

Kreisleriana
August 11th 06, 02:50 AM
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:09:57 +0800, "badwilson"
> yodeled:

>Vino's definitely gotten way, way more affectionate since his health
>scare last month. Not only is he a lap fungus every single night on the
>couch now, he is also a total bed buddy.
>The bed thing might have something to do with him being cold, but I
>think he genuinely seeks more physical contact with his hoomins now. I
>think he loves us more now because we made him feel better when he was
>so sick.
>What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
>when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
>stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
>up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
>bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.
>Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
>under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
>sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
>head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)
>He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
>food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
>the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
>and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
>in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
>patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
>was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
>bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)

So glad to hear he is recovering.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

August 11th 06, 03:42 AM
Enfilade > wrote:

> We have a terrible feeling that Nocturne has, in essence "adopted" us
> as her "kittens." Hence, the tough love thing...and all the incessant
> tending, particularly if we are sad or sick. And we are not permitted
> to go to bed without her on our heads, observing and warming us.

Oh, you poor things, having to put up with that!

Nocturne is a closet sweetheart. You keep coming up with example after
example. She can't fool me anymore, she's a softie at heart! :)

Joyce

August 11th 06, 03:45 AM
badwilson > wrote:

> What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
> when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
> stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
> up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
> bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.

Aww, you're "spooning" him. :)

> Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
> under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
> sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
> head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)

Aaaaaackkk! Too much cuteness, I've just short-circuited!!

> has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
> and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
> in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
> patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
> was.

I'm so glad. He's back in the saddle!

> Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)

Looking forward to them!

Joyce

Matthew
August 11th 06, 03:50 AM
> wrote in message
> badwilson > wrote:
>
> > What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
> > when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
> > stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
> > up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
> > bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.
>
> Aww, you're "spooning" him. :)

Good lord Joyce I saw that and almost fell over backwards laughing so hard.
Sorry the mind went to the gutter at first my first thought was what the
other meaning of "spooning" is :-o

> > Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
> > under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
> > sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
> > head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)
>
> Aaaaaackkk! Too much cuteness, I've just short-circuited!!
>
> > has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
> > and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
> > in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
> > patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
> > was.
>
> I'm so glad. He's back in the saddle!
>
> > Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)
>
> Looking forward to them!
>
> Joyce

Victor Martinez
August 11th 06, 04:35 AM
badwilson wrote:
> Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
> under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
> sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
> head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)

We need JPEGs!!!!

> He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
> food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
> the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house

Excellent!

> was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
> bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)

We'll be waiting! :)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here:

Marina
August 11th 06, 04:49 AM
badwilson wrote:
> He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
> food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
> the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
> and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
> in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
> patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
> was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
> bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)

Can't wait for new Vino pics! Glad to hear he is doing so well. Bed
buddies are so sweet. I miss that so much. Miranda and Caliban are only
occasional bed buddies, not constant companions like Frank was.

mlbriggs
August 11th 06, 05:39 AM
On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:09:57 +0800, badwilson wrote:

> Vino's definitely gotten way, way more affectionate since his health
> scare last month. Not only is he a lap fungus every single night on the
> couch now, he is also a total bed buddy.
> The bed thing might have something to do with him being cold, but I
> think he genuinely seeks more physical contact with his hoomins now. I
> think he loves us more now because we made him feel better when he was
> so sick.
> What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
> when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
> stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
> up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
> bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.
> Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
> under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He will
> sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the blanket,
> head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)
> He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
> food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
> the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
> and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
> in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
> patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
> was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
> bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)

Purrs for a complete return to his former self. MLB

Shiral
August 11th 06, 06:13 AM
> He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
> food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can of
> the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the house
> and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only sleeping
> in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all his shaved
> patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right where his abscess
> was. So it looks like eventually he won't even have that dime sized
> bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures again :-)
> --
> Britta
> Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness
> overflow.
> Check out pictures of Vino at:
> http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album

Sooooo glad to hear Vino's feeling better and on the fast track to
recovery, Britta. =o) Definitely allow his fur to grow back, every cat
has their little vanities.

Nina is my bed buddy in this hemisphere. She keeps the bed greebling
and bed mouse population under tight control, as you might imagine.
Unfortunately, her vigilance on my behalf is a little hard on my fitted
sheets. =o) Francesca has discovered that coming over and chewing on my
hair every morning is an effective way to send the message "It's time
for Kitty Breakfast, Meowmie. Roll out!"

Both girls send purrs for Vino's continued health, and want to say
they both think he is a handsome devil.

Melissa
with the help and supervision of Francesca and Nina

Adrian A
August 11th 06, 12:04 PM
badwilson wrote:
> Vino's definitely gotten way, way more affectionate since his health
> scare last month. Not only is he a lap fungus every single night on
> the couch now, he is also a total bed buddy.
> The bed thing might have something to do with him being cold, but I
> think he genuinely seeks more physical contact with his hoomins now.
> I think he loves us more now because we made him feel better when he
> was so sick.
> What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my
> head when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab
> him and stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side
> and he curls up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder
> resting on my bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.
> Eventually I'll have to turn over, so I gently slide out my arm from
> under him and he lays his head down on my pillow next to mine. He
> will sleep like this for hours. Just like a hoomin, body under the
> blanket, head sticking out and on the pillow. Soooooo sweet :-)
> He has definitely recovered from his blockage now. He is eating more
> food (I am down to mixing only 1/3 of a can of Iams with a whole can
> of the s/d) and has put a lot of weight back on. He races around the
> house and yard and bats his furry mouse around. He is no longer only
> sleeping in the meatloaf position. His fur is growing back on all
> his shaved patches and I even see some tiny hairs appearing right
> where his abscess was. So it looks like eventually he won't even
> have that dime sized bald spot. Soon he'll be posing for pictures
> again :-)

I'm so glad Vino's feeling better. Looking forward to more pictures.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

SuzQ
August 11th 06, 12:46 PM
Awwwwwwwwww! So glad he's doing well.
Suz&Spicey

Jane
August 11th 06, 02:18 PM
badwilson wrote:

> What he does is he comes up and paces back and forth in front of my head
> when I'm lying in bed. Purring up a storm. Eventually, I grab him and
> stuff him under the blanket with me. I'm lying on my side and he curls
> up with his back to my chest and his head and shoulder resting on my
> bottom arm. He purrs like crazy non-stop.

Rita lays on the couch with me like this! She meows and meows while I
pet her, then she *throws* herself down against me and rests her head
on my arm, and stretches out her paw so I can hold it in my hand. And
we watch tv. Well, I watch while she sleeps. If I have the audacity
to sit up, she scolds me, loudly. Silly hoomin.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Tanada
August 12th 06, 12:46 AM
"badwilson" > wrote in message
> Vino's definitely gotten way, way more affectionate since his health scare
> last month. Not only is he a lap fungus every single night on the couch
> now, he is also a total bed buddy.

Huey is our bed buddy, or at least the main one. Early this morning, I got
up to go to the bathroom. Huey had been snuggled up with his back to mine
and his head tucked under Rob's arm. I cam back to bed and climbed in
facing Huey and Rob. A bit later it dawned on me that Huey was sleeping
with his head tucked under Rob's arm and his butt firmly pressed against my
boob. I turned over and let him press his butt against my back instead.

Pam S.