PDA

View Full Version : cat eating soil

August 11th 06, 10:37 AM
Doing a bit of research for a neighbour, whose cat appears to be on his
last legs, although the vet can find nothing wrong after physical
examination and blood tests.
The cat has become very thin and appears to have lost control of its
hind quarters, staggering around and frequently falling over. It's only
a couple of years old, and all this came on quite suddenly, so my guess
is he's sustained some kind of internal injury.
Although he's still eating a little cat food, he has taken to eating
quite large amounts of garden soil, and I wonder if this might be a
indicator as to the real problem.
Thanks for any info

Gail
August 11th 06, 03:36 PM
It may suggest that the cat is anemic.
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Doing a bit of research for a neighbour, whose cat appears to be on his
> last legs, although the vet can find nothing wrong after physical
> examination and blood tests.
> The cat has become very thin and appears to have lost control of its
> hind quarters, staggering around and frequently falling over. It's only
> a couple of years old, and all this came on quite suddenly, so my guess
> is he's sustained some kind of internal injury.
> Although he's still eating a little cat food, he has taken to eating
> quite large amounts of garden soil, and I wonder if this might be a
> indicator as to the real problem.
> Thanks for any info

August 11th 06, 05:54 PM
Gail wrote:
> It may suggest that the cat is anemic.
> Gail

Thanks , Gail, but I seem to remember the vet ruled that out

Rhonda
August 12th 06, 05:09 AM
I don't know what it means, but it sounds like something is terribly wrong.

I would ask your neighbor to take the cat to another vet for an opinion.

Good luck,

Rhonda