PDA

View Full Version : OTC eye wash for cats

The Polish-Kraut
August 11th 06, 07:52 PM
Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling where
they do not belong.

Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the dust -
dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??

Before someone says something I do not literally mean "Visine for cats" but
was using that as an illustration. And as for taking to vet there is no
injury or such to eye. They just get dust - dirt in the eyes sometimes.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

Wendy
August 11th 06, 08:40 PM
Just gently wipe the dirt out of the corner of their eyes with a warm, damp
washcloth

"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message
m...

> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
> where
> they do not belong.
>
> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
> dust -
> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??
>
> Before someone says something I do not literally mean "Visine for cats"
> but
> was using that as an illustration. And as for taking to vet there is no
> injury or such to eye. They just get dust - dirt in the eyes sometimes.
>

> --
> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Reply to news groups for all to see please.
> ************************************************** ***

Toni
August 12th 06, 12:38 AM
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message
m...

> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
> where
> they do not belong.
>
> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
> dust -
> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??

Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
other "eye drops".
Just plain saline eye wash.
I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.

The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

The Polish-Kraut
August 12th 06, 01:37 PM

>> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
>> where
>> they do not belong.
>>
>> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
>> dust -
>> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??
>>

>Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
>other "eye drops".
>Just plain saline eye wash.
>I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.
>
>The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
>wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.

Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.

Thanks again.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Joan in GB-W
August 12th 06, 07:51 PM
">

> >Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
> >other "eye drops".
> >Just plain saline eye wash.
> >I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.
> >
> >The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
> >wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.
> >

> Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
> dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> My furbabies

It would seem to me that the moisture naturally in their eyes would pretty
much keep them clean.

Joan

The Polish-Kraut
August 13th 06, 12:52 AM

>> >Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
>> >other "eye drops".
>> >Just plain saline eye wash.
>> >I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.
>> >
>> >The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
>> >wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.
>> >

>> Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
>> dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> My furbabies
>

>It would seem to me that the moisture naturally in their eyes would pretty
>much keep them clean.

You never seen the little buggers when they come out of attic !! :-)

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

mlbriggs
August 13th 06, 06:19 AM
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:37:01 +0000, The Polish-Kraut wrote:

>>> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
>>> where
>>> they do not belong.
>>>
>>> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
>>> dust -
>>> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??
>>>

>>Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
>>other "eye drops".
>>Just plain saline eye wash.
>>I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.
>>
>>The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
>>wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.
>>

> Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
> dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

How do they get in the attic? MLB

The Polish-Kraut
August 14th 06, 01:27 AM

>>>Any human eye wash will work- just the plain saline though, no Visine, or
>>>other "eye drops".
>>>Just plain saline eye wash.
>>>I need to emphasize that- just plain saline eye wash.
>>>
>>>The other products are very toxic when ingested and a cat will definitely
>>>wash his face (and lick his paws) after you do it.
>>>

>> Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
>> dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> My furbabies
>>
>> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/
>

>How do they get in the attic? MLB

Does it make a difference how they got there before I get an answer
?!?!

cybercat
August 14th 06, 06:34 PM

> >> Thanks for reply. Appreciate it. If they get in attic it is kind of
> >> dusty and dirty up there. Or under bed with dust bunnies.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.
> >>

> >> My furbabies
> >>
> >> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/
> >

> >How do they get in the attic? MLB
>
> Does it make a difference how they got there before I get an answer
> ?!?!

I think it does. There could be things that could hurt them in there.
And of course, the obvious solution is to keep them out of the attic.

Spider
August 15th 06, 07:14 PM
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message
m...

> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
> where
> they do not belong.
>
> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
> dust -
> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??
>
> Before someone says something I do not literally mean "Visine for cats"
> but
> was using that as an illustration. And as for taking to vet there is no
> injury or such to eye. They just get dust - dirt in the eyes sometimes.
>

> --
> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Reply to news groups for all to see please.
> ************************************************** ***

Hi,

I'm sure plain (tepid) water would be appropriate just to remove dust.
After that, I'm sure their own eye fluid would finish the job. Always
re-examine the eyes after a few hours, as gritty dust could scratch the eye,
leading to ulceration ... leading to loss of eye.

Extra options include: sealing off the loft so kitties can't get access.
: cleaning your dusty lost to make a safer
play area.

Spider

The Polish-Kraut
August 16th 06, 01:39 AM

>> Occassionally my furbabies get dust - dirt in their eyes from crawling
>> where
>> they do not belong.
>>
>> Is there a good OTC eye wash that anyone can reccommend to flush the
>> dust -
>> dirt out of their eyes?? Something like "Visine for cats"??
>>
>> Before someone says something I do not literally mean "Visine for cats"
>> but
>> was using that as an illustration. And as for taking to vet there is no
>> injury or such to eye. They just get dust - dirt in the eyes sometimes.
>>

>I'm sure plain (tepid) water would be appropriate just to remove dust.
>After that, I'm sure their own eye fluid would finish the job. Always
>re-examine the eyes after a few hours, as gritty dust could scratch the eye,
>leading to ulceration ... leading to loss of eye.
>
>Extra options include: sealing off the loft so kitties can't get access.
> : cleaning your dusty lost to make a safer
>play area.

Have done both of the above.