PDA

View Full Version : sucking on my arm

bella bella
August 13th 06, 02:01 AM
15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)

Gail
August 13th 06, 02:07 AM
Gently push her away. This is not unusual. She thinks you are her mother. My
one year old cat still kneads my head as he would knead his mother.
Gail
"bella bella" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> 15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)

John Ross Mc Master
August 13th 06, 02:16 AM
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 01:01:14 GMT, "bella bella" <[email protected]> wrote:

> 15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)

I bet she was weaned too young. Don't worry about it. It's love.

jmc
August 13th 06, 03:16 AM
Suddenly, without warning, John Ross Mc Master exclaimed (13-Aug-06
10:46 AM):
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 01:01:14 GMT, "bella bella" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> 15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)
>
> I bet she was weaned too young. Don't worry about it. It's love.

Ditto. I had a cat who was weaned too young and she still did this when
she was 5 years old. Oh, and drooled too :)

It is a common problem with kittens taken from their moms too young. My
first cat was adopted at a mere 5 weeks of age (I didn't know any better).

jmc

bella bella
August 13th 06, 03:20 AM
Gail wrote:
>Gently push her away. This is not unusual. She thinks you are her mother. My
>one year old cat still kneads my head as he would knead his mother.
>Gail
>> 15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)

For how long she won't stop 1,2,3:00 in the morning

Gail
August 13th 06, 03:22 AM
I think in time she will stop. She may have been weaned too early from her
mother.
Gail
"bella bella" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Gail wrote:
>>Gently push her away. This is not unusual. She thinks you are her mother.
>>My
>>one year old cat still kneads my head as he would knead his mother.
>>Gail
>>> 15 weeks old and will not stop (Help)
>
> For how long she won't stop 1,2,3:00 in the morning

bella bella
August 13th 06, 03:34 AM
Gail wrote:
>I think in time she will stop. She may have been weaned too early from her
>mother.
>Gail
>>>Gently push her away. This is not unusual. She thinks you are her mother.
>>>My
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>
>> For how long she won't stop 1,2,3:00 in the morning
thank you

Gail
August 13th 06, 03:41 AM
Can you put her in another room to sleep? I do this with my cats.
Gail
"bella bella" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Gail wrote:
>>I think in time she will stop. She may have been weaned too early from her
>>mother.
>>Gail
>>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>>
>>> For how long she won't stop 1,2,3:00 in the morning
> thank you

Buddy
August 13th 06, 11:05 AM
I had a cat who did this her entire life - to age 14.