PDA

View Full Version : Will she walk on cedar chips?

Ajanta
August 13th 06, 02:48 PM
I feed a cat everyday. Her path through neighboring yards is mostly
bricks or grass, but there is a little (4-6 feet) patch which is
neither andgets pretty muddy after rains. That gets her her paws muddy,
or worse when she decides to sit or roll there before coming to me. :)

The simplest solution I can think of is to buy a few bags of wooden
chips (my local Home Depot has good looking cedar chips) and scatter
them on this path.

Question: Do cats have anything against the "feel" of wood chips, or
the smell of cedar? I don't want to go through the trouble only to have
to undo it later.

Upscale
August 13th 06, 02:52 PM
"Ajanta" > wrote in message

> Question: Do cats have anything against the "feel" of wood chips, or
> the smell of cedar? I don't want to go through the trouble only to have
> to undo it later.

There's the unlikely possibility they will be used as litter. Can't think of
any other reason.

studio
August 13th 06, 03:21 PM
Ajanta wrote:
> Question: Do cats have anything against the "feel" of wood chips, or
> the smell of cedar? I don't want to go through the trouble only to have
> to undo it later.

All cats have their own personalities, and are different, but speaking
from
my own experience...
we have small 'wood chips' here outlining shrubs and plants, not the
big 2-3" kind I think
you're refering to.
But Big Mama will lie down in them, and use them as a litter box in
certain places.
She likes them.