PDA

View Full Version : My cat has Acute Myeloid Leukemia

Brad Stone
August 13th 06, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

  Last week my cat's oncologist thought my four year old FeLV+ kitty, Sali (http://www.brushyland.com/cats/sali.htm), had suddenly developed "Erythremic Myelosis Leukemia" but now it has been confirmed as "Acute Myeloid Leukemia".  Sadly, the prognosis is pretty grim - apparently there hasn't been much success in fighting this particular form of cancer in cats.  But we are trying a low dose of a chemo called Cytosar.  If anyone has some info or anecdotes on "Acute Myeloid Leukemia" - I'd love to hear them.  Sali's red blood cell count is quite low, so she is lethargic - but she doesn't appear to be in pain.  She's not eating much but I'm giving her a food stimulant and she will occasionally nibble on things.  I at least want the drugs, my TLC, and her own body's defenses to have a fighting chance.  At least long enough to see if the medications help.  We'll see.

  She has been one special, special cat...please keep her in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Brad Stone

Alison
August 13th 06, 11:10 PM
"Brad Stone" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Last week my cat's oncologist thought my four year old FeLV+ kitty,
> Sali, had suddenly developed "Erythremic Myelosis Leukemia" but now it
> has been confirmed as "Acute Myeloid Leukemia". Sadly, the prognosis is
> pretty grim - apparently there hasn't been much success in fighting this
> particular form of cancer in cats. But we are trying a low dose of a
> chemo called Cytosar. If anyone has some info or anecdotes on "Acute
> Myeloid Leukemia" - I'd love to hear them. Sali's red blood cell count
> is quite low, so she is lethargic - but she doesn't appear to be in pain.
> She's not eating much but I'm giving her a food stimulant and she will
> occasionally nibble on things. I at least want the drugs, my TLC, and
> her own body's defenses to have a fighting chance. At least long enough
> to see if the medications help. We'll see.
>
> She has been one special, special cat...please keep her in your
> thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad Stone >>

I'm sorry to hear this:(( I will will keep her in my thoughts.
Alison

Gail
August 13th 06, 11:57 PM
She is in my prayers.
Gail
"Alison" > wrote in message
> "Brad Stone" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> Last week my cat's oncologist thought my four year old FeLV+ kitty,
>> Sali, had suddenly developed "Erythremic Myelosis Leukemia" but now it
>> has been confirmed as "Acute Myeloid Leukemia". Sadly, the prognosis is
>> pretty grim - apparently there hasn't been much success in fighting this
>> particular form of cancer in cats. But we are trying a low dose of a
>> chemo called Cytosar. If anyone has some info or anecdotes on "Acute
>> Myeloid Leukemia" - I'd love to hear them. Sali's red blood cell count
>> is quite low, so she is lethargic - but she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>> She's not eating much but I'm giving her a food stimulant and she will
>> occasionally nibble on things. I at least want the drugs, my TLC, and
>> her own body's defenses to have a fighting chance. At least long enough
>> to see if the medications help. We'll see.
>>
>> She has been one special, special cat...please keep her in your
>> thoughts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brad Stone >>
>
> I'm sorry to hear this:(( I will will keep her in my thoughts.
> Alison

Rabbi Getiner
August 15th 06, 05:17 PM
Brad Stone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last week my cat's oncologist thought my four year old FeLV+ kitty, Sali, had suddenly developed "Erythremic Myelosis Leukemia" but now it has been confirmed as* "Acute Myeloid Leukemia"*. Sadly, the prognosis is pretty grim - apparently there hasn't been much success in fighting this particular form of cancer in cats. But we are trying a low dose of a chemo called Cytosar. If anyone has some info or anecdotes on "Acute Myeloid Leukemia" - I'd love to hear them. Sali's red blood cell count is quite low, so she is lethargic - but she doesn't appear to be in pain. She's not eating much but I'm giving her a food stimulant and she will occasionally nibble on things. I at least want the drugs, my TLC, and her own body's defenses to have a fighting chance. At least long enough to see if the medications help. We'll see.
>
> She has been one special, special cat...please keep her in your thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Brad Stone

I will keep her in my prayers. However, a kinder approach for all
involved is to take the cat and stuff her head in the toilet until
she's drowned. Call it a 'mercy killing'.

LC
August 15th 06, 06:51 PM
Schizophrenic lap-cat abuser "Rabbi Getiner" > wrote
in message oups.com...

> a kinder approach for all involved is to take the cat and stuff her head
> in the toilet until she's drowned. Call it a 'mercy killing'.

Dear IBen,

Please take your own advice.

Soonest.

LC~ No IBen would drop Usenet troll-traffic by at least a third.

"I AM NOT a troll. Why do you keep saying that?"
From: (IBen Getiner), too stupid to breath.
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: stop
Date: 15 Mar 2004 22:52:28 -0800

Matthew
August 15th 06, 08:41 PM
"LC" >

hey LC
too bad the Getiner *family* ; which is only him and his hand doesn't fall
victim to random violence

The Cat Whisperer
August 15th 06, 09:19 PM
go circumsize yourself and then flush your own head in the toilet you slice
of ****.
if you represent "one proud jew" I feel sorry for your people.... what a
disgrace.
no wonder everyone hates you.

"Rabbi Getiner" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Brad Stone wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Last week my cat's oncologist thought my four year old FeLV+ kitty,
>> Sali, had suddenly developed "Erythremic Myelosis Leukemia" but now it
>> has been confirmed as* "Acute Myeloid Leukemia"*. Sadly, the prognosis
>> is pretty grim - apparently there hasn't been much success in fighting
>> this particular form of cancer in cats. But we are trying a low dose of
>> a chemo called Cytosar. If anyone has some info or anecdotes on "Acute
>> Myeloid Leukemia" - I'd love to hear them. Sali's red blood cell count
>> is quite low, so she is lethargic - but she doesn't appear to be in pain.
>> She's not eating much but I'm giving her a food stimulant and she will
>> occasionally nibble on things. I at least want the drugs, my TLC, and
>> her own body's defenses to have a fighting chance. At least long enough
>> to see if the medications help. We'll see.
>>
>> She has been one special, special cat...please keep her in your
>> thoughts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brad Stone
>

> I will keep her in my prayers. However, a kinder approach for all
> involved is to take the cat and stuff her head in the toilet until
> she's drowned. Call it a 'mercy killing'.

Candace
August 16th 06, 05:29 AM
The Cat Whisperer wrote:
> go circumsize yourself and then flush your own head in the toilet you slice
> of ****.
> if you represent "one proud jew" I feel sorry for your people.... what a
> disgrace.
> no wonder everyone hates you.

Since he's a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi and Aryan, I doubt if he's a Jew
of any kind, proud or otherwise. He is a sick ****, though.

Candace

Rabbi Getiner
August 16th 06, 05:41 AM
The Cat Whisperer wrote:
> go circumsize yourself and then flush your own head in the toilet you slice
> of ****.
> if you represent "one proud jew" I feel sorry for your people.... what a
> disgrace.
> no wonder everyone hates you.

Your filthy anti-semitism is completely uncalled for. You are no better
than an unrepentant Nazi. You can kiss my kosher ass.

L'Chaim

Rabbi Benjamin Getiner

LC
August 16th 06, 03:50 PM
Schizophrenic loon "Rabbi Getiner" > wrote in
message ups.com...

> The Cat Whisperer wrote:
>> go circumsize yourself and then flush your own head in the toilet you
>> slice of ****.
>> if you represent "one proud jew" I feel sorry for your people.... what a
>> disgrace.
>> no wonder everyone hates you.

> Your filthy anti-semitism is completely uncalled for. You are no better
> than an unrepentant Nazi.

"I take my hat off to the Nazis. What we need now is .... a solution. It can
be seen as a final one, if you like..."
From: "IBen Getiner" >

> You can kiss my kosher ass.

Something is definitely *not* kosher here:

From: "Rabbi Getiner" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: My cat has Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Date: 15 Aug 2006 21:41:03 -0700

From: "IBen Getiner" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: The Smallest Kitty-Kat in the World?
Date: 10 Aug 2006 19:51:49 -0700

Moron.

> L'Chaim

Gezundheit!

Now, please FOAD, J "IBen" Young.

LC
August 16th 06, 03:52 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "LC" >

> hey LC
> too bad the Getiner *family* ; which is only him and his hand doesn't
> fall victim to random violence

He'd have to leave his mother's basement first.

Not likely.

The Cat Whisperer
August 16th 06, 05:51 PM
I would gas your kosher ass if I met you - you are nothing but a small,
pathetic chump, your mother must be ashamed.

"Rabbi Getiner" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> The Cat Whisperer wrote:
>> go circumsize yourself and then flush your own head in the toilet you
>> slice
>> of ****.
>> if you represent "one proud jew" I feel sorry for your people.... what a
>> disgrace.
>> no wonder everyone hates you.
>>

> Your filthy anti-semitism is completely uncalled for. You are no better
> than an unrepentant Nazi. You can kiss my kosher ass.
>
> L'Chaim
>
> Rabbi Benjamin Getiner

Rabbi Getiner
August 17th 06, 04:45 PM
The Cat Whisperer wrote:
> I would gas your kosher ass if I met you - you are nothing but a small,
> pathetic chump, your mother must be ashamed.

The only thing your little pussy ass could gas is your cat's balls.
Faggot.

LC
August 18th 06, 11:48 PM
Insane laughing-stock troll "Rabbi Getiner" > aka
"J Young" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> The Cat Whisperer wrote:
>> I would gas your kosher ass if I met you - you are nothing but a small,
>> pathetic chump, your mother must be ashamed.

> The only thing your little pussy ass could gas is your cat's balls.
> Faggot.

My, my...looks like "Rabbi" Getiner is melting down.

Gee...I would have never expected that.

<smirk>

LC~ What a loon!

From: "IBen Getiner" > , definitely no "Rabbi".