PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive Cat

machine
August 15th 06, 01:30 PM
I have a one year old male who has always been a little boystrous!! He has
been going in other neibours houses via their flaps!! One in particular, who
started feeding him he gets aggressive with her especially when her male is
around, I have told her to just throw water over him but he seems to keep
going back for more (I don't think she is been forcefull enough), anyway he
has been fighting with him!! and she now says he is urinating and stooling
in her house (which I find hard to believe as he deffinetly does not do this
in mine!!)

He came back last night with a little cut near his eye! He seems to be ok
apart form that, he was a little bit more aggressive with me than usual
aswell and was still quiet aggressive with me this morning!! Maybe it was
because I was stroking him on his head (as that is the only place he will
let me stroke him for any period of time) and maybe it was still a bit
tender?

Any tips on how to calm him down? I was hoping he would calm down as he got
a bit older!

Thanks
Jamie

Lesley
August 15th 06, 01:41 PM
machine wrote:
> I have a one year old male who has always been a little boystrous!!

Before anyone else gets in let me ask the crucial question- is he
neutered?

If he isn't then it's likely that you can solve all the problems with
one operation

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

machine
August 15th 06, 02:01 PM
he has been neutered from the age of 12 weeks!

Thanks
Jamie

"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> machine wrote:
>> I have a one year old male who has always been a little boystrous!!
>

> Before anyone else gets in let me ask the crucial question- is he
> neutered?
>
> If he isn't then it's likely that you can solve all the problems with
> one operation
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

mob-barley
August 15th 06, 11:05 PM
machine wrote:
> he has been neutered from the age of 12 weeks!
>
> Thanks
> Jamie

100 people read your post

the number one answer was

don't let your cat outside

SURVEY SAYS!

100%

ding ding ding

Rabbi Getiner
August 16th 06, 05:47 AM
machine wrote:
> he has been neutered from the age of 12 weeks!
>
> Thanks
> Jamie

There's your problem. How would you behave if someone cut your nuts off
when you were a kid? ( if you're a guy that is ). Let him have his
fights; you've already ruined all the other fun a cat could have.

mob-barley
August 16th 06, 06:13 AM
Rabbi Getiner wrote:

> There's your problem. How would you behave if someone cut your nuts off
> when you were a kid? ( if you're a guy that is ). Let him have his
> fights; you've already ruined all the other fun a cat could have.

yeah really

he's got some pent up feelings now

poor fella

LC
August 16th 06, 02:31 PM
Nutless wonder "Rabbi Getiner" > aka
(IBen Getiner) wrote in message
ups.com...

> How would you behave if someone cut your nuts off when you were a kid?

Sadly, not a rhetorical question for this troll...

LC~ Knows IBen to be a seriously demented nutless nut.

"Bestiality...! KOOL..!!"
From: "IBen Getiner" >

machine
August 16th 06, 03:59 PM
He loves going outside!!! Why shouldn't I let him out? He would go stir
crazy in teh house all the time, especially whilst I am not around all day!!
May I also add that I live in England where letting your cat is the norm!!

You have all been very helpfull.... Not!!!

Can anyone offer any good advise?

"machine" > wrote in message
>I have a one year old male who has always been a little boystrous!! He has
>been going in other neibours houses via their flaps!! One in particular,
>who started feeding him he gets aggressive with her especially when her
>male is around, I have told her to just throw water over him but he seems
>to keep going back for more (I don't think she is been forcefull enough),
>anyway he has been fighting with him!! and she now says he is urinating and
>stooling in her house (which I find hard to believe as he deffinetly does
>not do this in mine!!)
>
> He came back last night with a little cut near his eye! He seems to be ok
> apart form that, he was a little bit more aggressive with me than usual
> aswell and was still quiet aggressive with me this morning!! Maybe it was
> because I was stroking him on his head (as that is the only place he will
> let me stroke him for any period of time) and maybe it was still a bit
> tender?
>
> Any tips on how to calm him down? I was hoping he would calm down as he
> got a bit older!
>
> Thanks
> Jamie

August 16th 06, 08:57 PM
Well, to some degree, that's the termperament of cat that you've got.
He WILL calm down as he gets older - they all do, but it may take a
while. More than likely, over time, he will come to negotiated
settlements with the neighbor cats regarding time-sharing and passage
rights and then things will mellow out a bit (at least until another
cat moves in to the neighborhood).

Not a whole heckuva lot you can do, but it should calm down eventually.
Do take him to the vet though after a fight - you never know about
injuries you don't see and obviously, he should have the feline
leukemia shots on a regular basis.

August 16th 06, 08:57 PM
Well, to some degree, that's the temperament of cat that you've got. He