PDA

View Full Version : Espy is a pointer cat

dgk
August 17th 06, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
idea and pulls it away.

It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?

Buddy
August 17th 06, 09:23 PM
My Maine Coon does that too. Don't know why. Sort of a limp wrist
pose.

dgk wrote:
> I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
> pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
> front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
> in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
> idea and pulls it away.
>
> It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
> paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?

IBen Getiner
August 19th 06, 09:30 AM
dgk wrote:
> I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
> pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
> front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
> in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
> idea and pulls it away.
>
> It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
> paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?

How do you know he isn't in pain? Did you wait 'till he was too old to
have him declawed?

IBen

Matthew
August 19th 06, 05:42 PM
Igonore the poster named Iben
He is a mental case that is off his meds

The Cat Whisperer
August 19th 06, 07:13 PM
go intake some gas and die beatch, you are an embarrassment to jews
everywhere.

"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> dgk wrote:
>> I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
>> pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
>> front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
>> in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
>> idea and pulls it away.
>>
>> It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
>> paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?
>
> How do you know he isn't in pain? Did you wait 'till he was too old to
> have him declawed?
>

> IBen

dgk
August 21st 06, 02:12 PM
On 19 Aug 2006 01:30:22 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
>> pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
>> front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
>> in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
>> idea and pulls it away.
>>
>> It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
>> paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?
>
>How do you know he isn't in pain? Did you wait 'till he was too old to
>have him declawed?
>

> IBen

Interesting idea. Wrong, since he isn't declawed.

Matthew
August 21st 06, 02:17 PM
"dgk" >

Don't even pay him any attention he is a troll than needs to be on
medications.

IBen Getiner
August 22nd 06, 05:03 AM
dgk wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2006 01:30:22 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
> wrote:
>

> >dgk wrote:
> >> I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned this. Espy (3yo DSH) often
> >> pauses during walking to look at something, with either of his two
> >> front paws in the air. Sort of like a dog that's a pointer. Every once
> >> in a while I try to shake paws with him but he doesn't quite get the
> >> idea and pulls it away.
> >>
> >> It isn't that he has pain or anything, he just likes to stand on three
> >> paws. He's so weird. Other cats do this?
> >
> >How do you know he isn't in pain? Did you wait 'till he was too old to
> >have him declawed?
> >

> > IBen
>
> Interesting idea. Wrong, since he isn't declawed.

Still sounds like some sort of pain sensitivity to me. Just a guess,
though.

IBen

dgk
August 23rd 06, 01:22 PM
On 21 Aug 2006 21:03:26 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> On 19 Aug 2006 01:30:22 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
>> wrote:

>> >How do you know he isn't in pain? Did you wait 'till he was too old to
>> >have him declawed?
>> >

>> > IBen
>>
>> Interesting idea. Wrong, since he isn't declawed.
>
>Still sounds like some sort of pain sensitivity to me. Just a guess,
>though.
>

> IBen

Actually, while you are way off the mark sometimes, this wasn't a bad
shot. If I hadn't written it and known that Espy isn't declawed I
would have guessed the same thing.

It doesn't seem to be pain related because it will be either paw.
He'll be walking along, start staring at something, and sort of pause
in mid motion with one front paw in the air. Then he just continues
along.

IBen Getiner
August 24th 06, 05:14 AM
dgk wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2006 21:03:26 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
> wrote:
>

> >dgk wrote:

> >> Interesting idea. Wrong, since he isn't declawed.
> >
> >Still sounds like some sort of pain sensitivity to me. Just a guess,
> >though.
> >

> > IBen
>
> Actually, while you are way off the mark sometimes, this wasn't a bad
> shot. If I hadn't written it and known that Espy isn't declawed I
> would have guessed the same thing.

But only if he had them done later in life. I will remain civil with
you on this subject, but only so far.

> It doesn't seem to be pain related because it will be either paw.
> He'll be walking along, start staring at something, and sort of pause
> in mid motion with one front paw in the air. Then he just continues
> along.

I wouldn't limit my assumptions to just the area of his paw... It may
be a muscle strain on that leg. A tendon problem. Arthritis perhaps?
Maybe an ingrown sheath on one of hiz wee wittle cwaws, or maybe even a
splinter... He can't tell you so maybe you need to squeeze here and
there a little bit..
I really do not know..... You figure it out. He's your kat.

IBen

dgk
August 25th 06, 01:38 PM
On 23 Aug 2006 21:14:18 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> On 21 Aug 2006 21:03:26 -0700, "IBen Getiner" >
>> wrote:

>> >Still sounds like some sort of pain sensitivity to me. Just a guess,
>> >though.
>> >

>> > IBen
>>
>> Actually, while you are way off the mark sometimes, this wasn't a bad
>> shot. If I hadn't written it and known that Espy isn't declawed I
>> would have guessed the same thing.
>
>But only if he had them done later in life. I will remain civil with
>you on this subject, but only so far.
>

>> It doesn't seem to be pain related because it will be either paw.
>> He'll be walking along, start staring at something, and sort of pause
>> in mid motion with one front paw in the air. Then he just continues
>> along.
>

>I wouldn't limit my assumptions to just the area of his paw... It may
>be a muscle strain on that leg. A tendon problem. Arthritis perhaps?
>Maybe an ingrown sheath on one of hiz wee wittle cwaws, or maybe even a
>splinter... He can't tell you so maybe you need to squeeze here and
>there a little bit..
>I really do not know..... You figure it out. He's your kat.
>
>IBen

I'll take a closer look. He's been doing it for years though. I'll
mention it to the vet; I think he's about overdue for shots.