PDA

View Full Version : Fastidious cat, well trained owner

jmc
August 18th 06, 07:36 AM
Early AM, I hear the cat digging in her box.
A bit later, again.
A bit later, again.
Get up for work, start usual morning routine. Meep comes over, looks in
the box, wanders off.
Comes back, digs in box, wanders off.
Comes back, looks towards box, wanders off.
I finally take the hint, clean the box.
Couple minutes later, she sees the box had been cleaned - FINALLY, and
uses it. Which means I have to clean it again

She's like that. She'll use it to poo, then come find me to clean the
box, 'cause she wants to pee but doesn't want to pee in a dirty box.

Get this - if we're around, she won't bury the poo, 'cause she knows
I'll clean it once I smell it. However, if she does that when we're not
home, she *will* bury. Smart cat?

Silly kitty :)

I knew it wasn't cystitis, I can tell the difference in her digging -
and she wasn't stressed at all once I got up, just wanted the darn box
clean, now, please!

jmc

Phil P.
August 18th 06, 08:38 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Early AM, I hear the cat digging in her box.
> A bit later, again.
> A bit later, again.
> Get up for work, start usual morning routine. Meep comes over, looks in
> the box, wanders off.
> Comes back, digs in box, wanders off.
> Comes back, looks towards box, wanders off.
> I finally take the hint, clean the box.
> Couple minutes later, she sees the box had been cleaned - FINALLY, and
> uses it. Which means I have to clean it again
>
> She's like that. She'll use it to poo, then come find me to clean the
> box, 'cause she wants to pee but doesn't want to pee in a dirty box.
>
> Get this - if we're around, she won't bury the poo, 'cause she knows
> I'll clean it once I smell it. However, if she does that when we're not
> home, she *will* bury. Smart cat?
>
> Silly kitty :)
>
> I knew it wasn't cystitis, I can tell the difference in her digging -
> and she wasn't stressed at all once I got up, just wanted the darn box
> clean, now, please!
>
> jmc

You should have two boxes.

P.

Elizabeth Blake
August 18th 06, 05:50 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> She's like that. She'll use it to poo, then come find me to clean the
> box, 'cause she wants to pee but doesn't want to pee in a dirty box.

My cats at home (both males) don't have any problems using a dirty box (I
have two and scoop 2-4 times a day) but as soon as I do clean them, they
have to use the boxes right away. At work, Stinky used to be like that when
she was younger. Even if she had just gone, once I cleaned the box she'd
jump back in to contribute just a little more. One time she had to
contribute to both boxes by my office and it was a real effort, but she
squeezed out two little drops into the second box.

--
Liz