PDA

View Full Version : my cat gave me a black eye

maryannk
August 18th 06, 01:49 PM
Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.

Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.

I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
(This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.

I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
big big bruise.

Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

MUSWRITR
August 18th 06, 01:51 PM
maryannk wrote:
> Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
>
> Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
> He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
> and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
> gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
> feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.
>
> I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
> time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
> (This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
> decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
> with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.
>
> I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
> phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
> face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
> and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
> big big bruise.
>
> Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

Boxing gloves?

The Polish-Kraut
August 18th 06, 02:16 PM
>> Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
>>
>> Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
>> He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
>> and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
>> gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
>> feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.
>>
>> I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
>> time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
>> (This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
>> decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
>> with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.
>>
>> I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
>> phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
>> face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
>> and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
>> big big bruise.
>>
>> Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.
>>
>Boxing gloves?

Or safety glasses for you ??

vividkid
August 18th 06, 07:59 PM
LOL...I'm sorry I have nothing of value to contribute. I'm new to the
group and just trying to get involved. When I read your post, though,
I couldn't help but laugh. I could picture it perfectly. My cat goes
nuts sometimes, too, and when he gets freaked out, he will do anything
he can to get away from the big bad scary <fill in the blank>,
including running across my face, torso, etc. But maybe some conflict
intervention for you and Panguitch to have him air out his issues he
has against you in a controlled environment? :) Or maybe you could sit
in a closed room/put him in a closed room when you are unable to keep
your eye on him constantly? Wow...that's just a funny/weird situation.
Of course, I don't mean to make light of it! :)

maryannk wrote:
> Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
>
> Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
> He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
> and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
> gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
> feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.
>
> I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
> time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
> (This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
> decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
> with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.
>
> I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
> phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
> face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
> and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
> big big bruise.
>
> Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

dgk
August 18th 06, 08:56 PM
On 18 Aug 2006 05:49:25 -0700, "maryannk" > wrote:

>Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
>
>Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
>He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
>and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
>gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
>feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.
>
>I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
>time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
>(This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
>decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
>with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.
>
>I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
>phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
>face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
>and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
>big big bruise.
>
>Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

The vet will probably put antibiotic ointment on your scratch but the
bruise is just going to hurt for a bit.

Perhaps get another cat to wear him out when his sister doesn't feel
like playing?

IBen Getiner
August 19th 06, 09:14 AM
maryannk wrote:
> Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
>
> Panguitch is a neutered male domestic shorthair with a lot of energy.
> He's almost 18 months old. He was at the vet last week for his shots
> and an exam and I mentioned how feisty Panguitch can be. If he hasn't
> gotten to go on his walk outside or if his sister/littermate doesn't
> feel like playing, he attacks the nearest set of legs he can find.
>
> I've managed to keep this behavior to a minimum by allowing him extra
> time outside and making sure he plays with his favorite toys enough.
> (This is what the vet suggested.) Yesterday, I got home from work and
> decided not to let the cats out right away. My neighbor was working
> with powertools and I didn't want my cats around the dangerous tools.
>
> I settled down on the couch to make some calls. I was talking on the
> phone when Panguitch surprised me, came out of nowhere and jumped at my
> face. He smacked my eye with his paw, knocking the phone out of my hand
> and my contact out of my eye. Now, I have a scratch under my eye and a
> big big bruise.
>
> Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

Blame it on your boyfriend..

IBen

mob-barley
August 19th 06, 01:09 PM
maryannk wrote:
> Yes, it's true. A little 11 pound furry man is beating me.
I have a scratch under my eye and a
> big big bruise.
>
> Suggestions? I've already put a call into the vet this morning.

damn

if im reading this right..

just put the incident behind you..

i think he knows what he has done

is a shame you didn't have a fly swatter handy...

but, I bet he doesnt do it again

but look! he coulda ripped your eye from it's socket (worse case)

he's got some issues.. but he s got to learn to not **** with you

KICK HIS TAIL, GIVE HIM A CAT SIZE FOOT UP THE ASS NEXT TIME

terrorize him a little bit...

chase him with a broom

but dont hurt him, just get his pulse rate up real good'..

make him sweat...