PDA

View Full Version : Two cats won't let me sleep!!

paul8agrape
August 18th 06, 04:57 PM
I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
(Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
good night's sleep.

Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

vividkid
August 18th 06, 07:52 PM
I think I have read somewhere that cats are naturally nocturnal
creatures. (I'd tell you exactly where I got that from if I
remembered...) Even though you got your original cat a playmate, I
think you may want to consider playing with them for a bit before you
go to bed. I have 2 cats as well, and they do this occasionally -
usually when I'm too lazy to have played with them that night. But it
seems to help burn off the extra energy they have pent up from sleeping
the day away.

paul8agrape wrote:
> I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> good night's sleep.
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

dgk
August 18th 06, 08:59 PM
On 18 Aug 2006 08:57:20 -0700, "paul8agrape" >
wrote:

>I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
>of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
>was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
>asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
>(Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
>fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
>when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
>play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
>good night's sleep.
>
>Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
>about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

My pair like to wake me up around 5:30 to eat, or perhaps they feel
that I've slept enough. I generally get up around then to go to work,
but they don't understand the concept of weekends.

I'll watch the thread just in case someone has a good idea.

Toni
August 19th 06, 01:21 AM
"paul8agrape" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

We just close the bedroom door.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

cybercat
August 19th 06, 02:56 AM
"Toni" > wrote in message
. ..

> "paul8agrape" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> > about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
> >

> We just close the bedroom door.

Your cats must be pretty tame if they can't wake you up through the bedroom
door!

MUSWRITR
August 19th 06, 03:53 AM
Toni wrote:

> "paul8agrape" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
>>Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
>>about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
>>

> We just close the bedroom door.

I tried that - they just kept scratching at it and wouldn;t stop.

Best strategy for mevis to play with them and tire them out before
going to bed.

August 19th 06, 04:32 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> I think I have read somewhere that cats are naturally nocturnal
> creatures. (I'd tell you exactly where I got that from if I
> remembered...) Even though you got your original cat a playmate, I
> think you may want to consider playing with them for a bit before you
> go to bed. I have 2 cats as well, and they do this occasionally -
> usually when I'm too lazy to have played with them that night. But it
> seems to help burn off the extra energy they have pent up from sleeping
> the day away.

You don't have to read it anywhere - just look into their eyes. That
nice little reflective layer near the retina is a key nocturnal trait.

m4816k
August 19th 06, 08:22 AM
"paul8agrape" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> good night's sleep.
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

I think you made a mistake when you got the second one cause cat's are night
creatures, and getting another one is a sure way of making the first one
sleep even more during the day and being even more active during the night
(sorry to disappoint you). Maybe if you got a cat-friendly dog, or some
other playmate that's active during the day, things could've changed.
Something that comes to mind is getting some sort of baby-sitter to play
with them while you're at work (if you at work almost all day), but it has
to be someone they know. Of course, playing with them yourself whenever
possible can't hurt.

IBen Getiner
August 19th 06, 08:47 AM
paul8agrape wrote:
> I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> good night's sleep.
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

In every house, there are things called 'rooms', paul. And on at least
one wall in each of these rooms there is a thing called a 'door'. The
purpose of this door is two-fold. It can either keep what is out from
getting in or vise-versa. Your case requires the vise-versa. Before you
retire for the nite, put your cats in a room AND CLOSE THE FRIGGING
DOOR, paul. What's so hard to understand about that? Or are you one of
those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of imposing any rules
upon your kids or animals?
Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..

IBen

Petzl
August 19th 06, 09:37 AM
"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
ups.com
|| paul8agrape wrote:
|| In every house, there are things called 'rooms', paul. And on at
|| least one wall in each of these rooms there is a thing called a
|| 'door'. The purpose of this door is two-fold. It can either keep
|| what is out from getting in or vise-versa. Your case requires the
|| vise-versa. Before you retire for the nite, put your cats in a room
|| AND CLOSE THE FRIGGING DOOR, paul. What's so hard to understand
|| about that? Or are you one of those 'new age thinkers' who would
|| even DREAM of imposing any rules upon your kids or animals?
|| Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..
|| IBen

Tried that (Shutting Door) when tossing and turning from illness
(worried about squashing cats)
Woke up with both cats sleeping in my bed as they always do
I sleep with window open so they must of climbed up and entered through
window?
(reminds me of cat myth)
Neighbour tried to get rid of a stray cat that had adopted him by driving
way out in suburbs and dumping it
When he got home cat was waiting for him?
Then taking cat, went way out in bush walking for an hour then dumping cat
Found that then he was then lost! Ended up following cat home

--
Petzl
--

Toni
August 19th 06, 11:30 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Toni" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> We just close the bedroom door.
>>
> Your cats must be pretty tame if they can't wake you up through the
> bedroom
> door!

They got used to it really quickly- if you don't give in they adjust.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

mob-barley
August 19th 06, 01:04 PM
paul8agrape wrote:
> I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> good night's sleep.
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

pussy keeps me up all night long

The Polish-Kraut
August 19th 06, 02:53 PM

>> > Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
>> > about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
>> >

>> We just close the bedroom door.
>>

>Your cats must be pretty tame if they can't wake you up through the bedroom
>door!

Just hope that they outgrow it before long.

My Margie used to be on my pillow AT LEAST half dozen times a night,
when I got her as a kitten, licking my face and sticking her tongue in
my nose but as she got older she now comes in when I first go to bed
to get our snuzzling in and then very seldom does she come back til
mornig. Rascal used to sleep right next to the back of my legs (Had
to be the back) but now she too has her own secluded night spot. I
used to wish they would forget me at night but now I actually miss
them takeing over my bed at night and wish they would come back. Once
they see that I have actually sacked out for the night they are off to
their own spots.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

The Polish-Kraut
August 19th 06, 02:58 PM
>Or are you one of those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of imposing any rules
>upon your kids or animals? Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..

To me my furbabies are people too. Like one of the graphics on my
cats web site saays "My cats walk all over me" !!

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

crickeh-re-hawd
August 19th 06, 04:10 PM
The Polish-Kraut wrote:

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

I count about 5 - 6 cats

how many you got?

Kitty is really pretty, they all are

so your x took the pussy with her when she left hey

shoot, I woiulda told her, you can leave thats fine, just leave the
pussy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IBen Getiner
August 19th 06, 09:45 PM
The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> >Or are you one of those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of imposing any rules
> >upon your kids or animals? Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..
>

> To me my furbabies are people too. Like one of the graphics on my
> cats web site saays "My cats walk all over me" !!
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Well then, you're a nut. But at least you appear to be a happy nut.

IBen

crickeh-re-hawd
August 19th 06, 10:14 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:

> Well then, you're a nut. But at least you appear to be a happy nut.
>

> IBen

since you got your sex change and freed the woman in you, you seem to
be a much happier person

Matthew
August 20th 06, 12:20 AM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> IBen Getiner wrote:
>
>> Well then, you're a nut. But at least you appear to be a happy nut.
>>

>> IBen
>
> since you got your sex change and freed the woman in you, you seem to
> be a much happier person

So would his son he would have a playmate other than his mother and sister

crickeh-re-hawd
August 20th 06, 01:36 AM
Matthew wrote:

> So would his son he would have a playmate other than his mother and sister

his wife got a sex change too

in fact she's now wearing the pants AND his penis

Matthew
August 20th 06, 01:39 AM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> So would his son he would have a playmate other than his mother and
>> sister
>
> his wife got a sex change too
>
> in fact she's now wearing the pants AND his penis

If he had one that she could claim other than the plug in pump up

crickeh-re-hawd
August 20th 06, 04:50 AM
Matthew wrote:

> If he had one that she could claim other than the plug in pump up

it was either that or leave his wife for the lawn-boy

crickeh-re-hawd
August 20th 06, 05:24 AM
Matthew wrote:

> If he had one that she could claim other than the plug in pump up

http://69-168-24-11.chvlva.adelphia.net:777/iben.zip

this was their first night together after healing

she came down the long hallway in the trailer, dancing for her new
husband

lmao

Matthew
August 20th 06, 05:28 AM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> If he had one that she could claim other than the plug in pump up
>
> http://69-168-24-11.chvlva.adelphia.net:777/iben.zip
>
> this was their first night together after healing
>
> she came down the long hallway in the trailer, dancing for her new
> husband
>
> lmao

ROFLMAO that was good Barry

LC
August 20th 06, 06:20 PM
Insane troll "IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Well then, you're a nut. But at least you appear to be a happy nut.

pro·jec·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-jkshn)
The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others

Got irony, loon?

Eva Quesnell
August 20th 06, 08:15 PM
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, paul8agrape wrote:

> I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> good night's sleep.
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).

There are 3 things that will help the situation. One is play, play, play
with them -- a good rousing, chasing, running game. Get a good feather on
a string toy and play with them about an hour before you want to go to
bed. Play them hard, wear them out.

Two is for mornings. If you get up and feed your cats first thing on the
days when you get up early for work, they will expect you to feed them at
the same time on the weekends. They will nag and bug and walk across your
head till you get up and feed them. My solution to this was *NOT* to feed
them when I first got up. Oh, they whined and complained, but they got
used to the idea. Then they stopped waking me up at 6 AM on a Saturday.

Three is the most natural of all -- maturity. They quit doing this when
they get a little older. :)

Eva

LC
August 20th 06, 09:15 PM
"IBen Getiner" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> The Polish-Kraut wrote:
> > >Or are you one of those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of
imposing any rules
> > >upon your kids or animals? Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are
people, too..

> > To me my furbabies are people too. Like one of the graphics on my
> > cats web site saays "My cats walk all over me" !!
> >

> > My furbabies
> >
> > http://members.aol.com/larrystark/
>
> Well then, you're a nut. But at least you appear to be a happy nut.
>

> IBen

Mr. Getiner, I am very sorry that some sock-puppet keeps harrassing you in
my name ( I notice she's done it again in this thread ). I am doing my best
to rid Usenet of this pest by reporting her to the proper authorities. I
would suggest that everyone do like-wise

LC ~ **** `em if they can't take a joke.

LC
August 20th 06, 10:59 PM
"J Young" , forging as "LC" and talking to his very own
sockpuppet wrote in message

> Mr. Getiner,

No, no...it's "Rabbi Getiner".
Having trouble keeping your own sockpuppets staight?

> I am very sorry

Yes, you are.
All of Usenet agrees.

>that some sock-puppet keeps harrassing you in my name

Google ain't your friend, soon-to-be-ex-Giganews troll.

>( I notice she's done it again in this thread ). I am doing my best
><forging>

> to rid Usenet of this pest by reporting her to the proper authorities. I
> would suggest that everyone do like-wise

On that, we can agree.
Just forward this, as I am, to:

From: "LC" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: Two cats won't let me sleep!!
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:15:52 -0400

From: >
Newsgroups:
alt.abortion,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexualit y,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,or.politics
Subject: Boy Changed to 'Girl' Yearned to be Boy
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:58:31 -0400

LC~ The more abuse reports, the quicker this loon quits pestering cat
lovers.

"JYoung/IBen is a loudmouth chicken**** who soils his britches at the sight
of his own shadow."

paul8agrape
August 21st 06, 11:49 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:
> paul8agrape wrote:
> > I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> > of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> > was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> > asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> > (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> > fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> > when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> > play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> > good night's sleep.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> > about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
>

> In every house, there are things called 'rooms', paul. And on at least
> one wall in each of these rooms there is a thing called a 'door'. The
> purpose of this door is two-fold. It can either keep what is out from
> getting in or vise-versa. Your case requires the vise-versa. Before you
> retire for the nite, put your cats in a room AND CLOSE THE FRIGGING
> DOOR, paul. What's so hard to understand about that? Or are you one of
> those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of imposing any rules
> upon your kids or animals?
> Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..
>

> IBen

It's a small apartment, ****bag.

paul8agrape
August 21st 06, 11:52 PM
Eva Quesnell wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, paul8agrape wrote:
>
> > I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> > of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> > was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> > asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> > (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> > fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> > when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> > play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> > good night's sleep.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> > about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
>
> There are 3 things that will help the situation. One is play, play, play
> with them -- a good rousing, chasing, running game. Get a good feather on
> a string toy and play with them about an hour before you want to go to
> bed. Play them hard, wear them out.
>
> Two is for mornings. If you get up and feed your cats first thing on the
> days when you get up early for work, they will expect you to feed them at
> the same time on the weekends. They will nag and bug and walk across your
> head till you get up and feed them. My solution to this was *NOT* to feed
> them when I first got up. Oh, they whined and complained, but they got
> used to the idea. Then they stopped waking me up at 6 AM on a Saturday.
>
> Three is the most natural of all -- maturity. They quit doing this when
> they get a little older. :)
>
> Eva

Cool thanks a lot. That helps.

IBen Getiner
August 22nd 06, 05:01 AM
paul8agrape wrote:
> IBen Getiner wrote:
> > paul8agrape wrote:
> > > I have one cat (Stewie) that is about a year and a half. I had a lot
> > > of trouble sleeping because Stewie would be sleeping all day while I
> > > was at work and then decide that hee needed to run around and be an
> > > asshole at 3 in the morning. So recently, I got him a playmate
> > > (Cougar) who is 3. They are both male. For about a week, they were
> > > fighting and pretty hostile with each other. I kept them seperated
> > > when I was at work. Now, they are best friends. Except they still
> > > play around in the middle of the night, and I have trouble getting a
> > > good night's sleep.
> > >
> > > Is there anything I can do to keep them quiet at night. I've thought
> > > about force feeding them Jack Daniels (joke).
> >

> > In every house, there are things called 'rooms', paul. And on at least
> > one wall in each of these rooms there is a thing called a 'door'. The
> > purpose of this door is two-fold. It can either keep what is out from
> > getting in or vise-versa. Your case requires the vise-versa. Before you
> > retire for the nite, put your cats in a room AND CLOSE THE FRIGGING
> > DOOR, paul. What's so hard to understand about that? Or are you one of
> > those 'new age thinkers' who would even DREAM of imposing any rules
> > upon your kids or animals?
> > Oh, I'm so sorry... I forgot. Animals are people, too..
> >

> > IBen
>
> It's a small apartment, ****bag.

Small as it may be, I'm SURE that it has at least two rooms with doors
affixed therein. Am I right on that, or is your 'apartment' really the
underside of a ****ing bridge....?

IBen Getiner