PDA

View Full Version : Any friends of Megan: Can you ask about Henry?


Brian Link
August 18th 06, 09:16 PM
I ****ed off Megan a while ago and she won't talk to me anymore. I
really can't tell anymore whether it's cause I'm a moron or she's a
harridan. Doesn't really matter now, I guess.

We found a stray, nursed him back to health and then were unable to
manage integrating him into our two cat household. He was an
incredible sweetheart - very loving to people.

Megan agreed to adopt him, and when I last saw him he was doing
wonderfully in her amazing, huge Minneapolis menagerie.

I sent her an email a couple days ago asking about Henry, and
predictably, she hasn't responded. If there are friends of hers out
there that can ask, and are less vindictive, please ask her how my
little furball is fairing.

Henry was a strong, Maine-Coonish type cat that had never been
properly socialized with other cats. It took an expert like Megan to
integrate him into the household, we weren't up to the task. She can
properly take credit for making him a successful, sociable indoor cat,
but we took him in, paid the vet bills and otherwise rescued him from
the short life of an outdoor castaway.

I miss him, and having just lost a cat in our family, am concerned
about his welfare. Thanks for any info you can pass along.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

crickeh-re-hawd
August 19th 06, 01:51 PM
Brian Link wrote:

> I miss him, and having just lost a cat in our family, am concerned
> about his welfare. Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Sorry about your cat Brian

Maybe your email to megan was sort of an outlet just now
Maybe plant a tree in memory of your cat, plant one for Henry too

Regards

MaryL
August 19th 06, 04:52 PM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
...
>I ****ed off Megan a while ago and she won't talk to me anymore. I
> really can't tell anymore whether it's cause I'm a moron or she's a
> harridan. Doesn't really matter now, I guess.
>
> We found a stray, nursed him back to health and then were unable to
> manage integrating him into our two cat household. He was an
> incredible sweetheart - very loving to people.
>
> Megan agreed to adopt him, and when I last saw him he was doing
> wonderfully in her amazing, huge Minneapolis menagerie.
>
> I sent her an email a couple days ago asking about Henry, and
> predictably, she hasn't responded. If there are friends of hers out
> there that can ask, and are less vindictive, please ask her how my
> little furball is fairing.
>
> Henry was a strong, Maine-Coonish type cat that had never been
> properly socialized with other cats. It took an expert like Megan to
> integrate him into the household, we weren't up to the task. She can
> properly take credit for making him a successful, sociable indoor cat,
> but we took him in, paid the vet bills and otherwise rescued him from
> the short life of an outdoor castaway.
>
> I miss him, and having just lost a cat in our family, am concerned
> about his welfare. Thanks for any info you can pass along.
>
> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Brian,

I would think that it is obvious to you why Megan won't respond to your
messages. She did adopt Henry when you could not properly care for him, and
she had you over to her home -- so you already know the information you have
now requested. At the same time, you have insulted her (publicly on the
newsgroups and not just privately) on every occasion when you posted
messages about her. Just take a look at your current message -- there are
lots of positive statements, but you started the whole thing by referring to
her as a "harridan," and this message is actually one of your calmer ones.
I wouldn't respond, either, if someone wrote about me in that way. In fact,
I would be *livid.* What you have been doing is classic passive-aggressive
behavior, and you are directing it to someone who gave you help over a very
long period of time.

MaryL

-L.
August 20th 06, 11:54 AM
MaryL wrote:
>
> Brian,
>
> I would think that it is obvious to you why Megan won't respond to your
> messages. She did adopt Henry when you could not properly care for him, and
> she had you over to her home -- so you already know the information you have
> now requested.

??? He asked how Henry was doing now...? I don't think that's
unreasonable seeing that it's been, what - over a year since Megan took
him?


> At the same time, you have insulted her (publicly on the
> newsgroups and not just privately) on every occasion when you posted
> messages about her. Just take a look at your current message -- there are
> lots of positive statements, but you started the whole thing by referring to
> her as a "harridan,"

....and himself a "moron"....

>and this message is actually one of your calmer ones.
> I wouldn't respond, either, if someone wrote about me in that way. In fact,
> I would be *livid.* What you have been doing is classic passive-aggressive
> behavior, and you are directing it to someone who gave you help over a very
> long period of time.
>

<shrug> I think people take themselves way too seriously...

Brian asking how Henry's doing is reasonable, despite any personal
conflicts the two of them had. If anyone's being passive-aggressive,
it's Megan for refusing to give a follow-up info on a cat she adopted.
(Brian's being directly aggressive.) In the past I've taken some cats
from some ****ing jackwad idiots, whom I was *completely* disgusted
with. I still followed up with a wellness report on the cats.
Honestly, how's it gonna hurt her to tell him how Henry is doing? It's
not. It's just sort of assholy of her to withold the information.
And two "assholies" don't make a "right".

-L.

cybercat
August 20th 06, 05:04 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> MaryL wrote:
> >
> > Brian,
> >
> > I would think that it is obvious to you why Megan won't respond to your
> > messages. She did adopt Henry when you could not properly care for him,
and
> > she had you over to her home -- so you already know the information you
have
> > now requested.
>
> ??? He asked how Henry was doing now...? I don't think that's
> unreasonable seeing that it's been, what - over a year since Megan took
> him?
>
>
> > At the same time, you have insulted her (publicly on the
> > newsgroups and not just privately) on every occasion when you posted
> > messages about her. Just take a look at your current message -- there
are
> > lots of positive statements, but you started the whole thing by
referring to
> > her as a "harridan,"
>
> ...and himself a "moron"....
>
> >and this message is actually one of your calmer ones.
> > I wouldn't respond, either, if someone wrote about me in that way. In
fact,
> > I would be *livid.* What you have been doing is classic
passive-aggressive
> > behavior, and you are directing it to someone who gave you help over a
very
> > long period of time.
> >
>
> <shrug> I think people take themselves way too seriously...
>
> Brian asking how Henry's doing is reasonable, despite any personal
> conflicts the two of them had. If anyone's being passive-aggressive,
> it's Megan for refusing to give a follow-up info on a cat she adopted.
> (Brian's being directly aggressive.) In the past I've taken some cats
> from some ****ing jackwad idiots, whom I was *completely* disgusted
> with. I still followed up with a wellness report on the cats.
> Honestly, how's it gonna hurt her to tell him how Henry is doing? It's
> not. It's just sort of assholy of her to withold the information.
> And two "assholies" don't make a "right".
>
> -L.
>

Damn, -L. What a sobering post. You just proved yourself to be
much more mature than I am. I was going to say, sounds like
a clear case of Asshole v. Asshole to me.

Of course Brian has a right to know how Henry is doing, though
I still think he is a scumbag for giving him up.

Mary L,. as usual, is a sanctimonious pill.

-L.
August 20th 06, 05:59 PM
cybercat wrote:
>
> Damn, -L. What a sobering post. You just proved yourself to be
> much more mature than I am. I was going to say, sounds like
> a clear case of Asshole v. Asshole to me.
>
> Of course Brian has a right to know how Henry is doing, though
> I still think he is a scumbag for giving him up.

I think in this case, it was the right thing to do. IIRC he didn't
follow Megan's advice, and couldn't get it through his thick head why
he wasn't having any success. (I could be confusing cases, though...)
I don't have any problem rehoming a cat when the person invoved is
either stubborn or stupid.

>
> Mary L,. as usual, is a sanctimonious pill.

<shrug> Everybody's entitled to their opinions. There are times when
being a "harridan" is totally appropriate. This was probably one of
those times...

-L.

Brian Link
August 21st 06, 02:43 AM
On 20 Aug 2006 09:59:04 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>
>cybercat wrote:
>>
>> Damn, -L. What a sobering post. You just proved yourself to be
>> much more mature than I am. I was going to say, sounds like
>> a clear case of Asshole v. Asshole to me.
>>
>> Of course Brian has a right to know how Henry is doing, though
>> I still think he is a scumbag for giving him up.
>
>I think in this case, it was the right thing to do. IIRC he didn't
>follow Megan's advice, and couldn't get it through his thick head why
>he wasn't having any success. (I could be confusing cases, though...)
>I don't have any problem rehoming a cat when the person invoved is
>either stubborn or stupid.
>
>>
>> Mary L,. as usual, is a sanctimonious pill.
>
><shrug> Everybody's entitled to their opinions. There are times when
>being a "harridan" is totally appropriate. This was probably one of
>those times...
>
>-L.

I don't wanna relive that whole episode, because as far as I'm
concerned Megan and I both acted badly, and I don't wanna argue about
"degrees of acting badly". It's all out there to be googled for those
into soap operas. I removed a section of cardboard from the screen
door early, and she got upset. I wasn't flinging him around the house
by his tail.

Anyway, it's clear that I'm not gonna hear back, and with that I'll
just accept that's the way it is.

We have three cats right now, Louis and Tiger, adopted brothers, and
Chloe from California. They've reached equilibrium, and I'm happy.
Just seeing those little girls who had first tried to adopt Henry the
other day got me curious.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

-L.
August 21st 06, 05:14 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> I don't wanna relive that whole episode, because as far as I'm
> concerned Megan and I both acted badly, and I don't wanna argue about
> "degrees of acting badly". It's all out there to be googled for those
> into soap operas. I removed a section of cardboard from the screen
> door early, and she got upset. I wasn't flinging him around the house
> by his tail.

LOL...I think everyone knows that, Brian.

>
> Anyway, it's clear that I'm not gonna hear back, and with that I'll
> just accept that's the way it is.
>
> We have three cats right now, Louis and Tiger, adopted brothers, and
> Chloe from California. They've reached equilibrium, and I'm happy.

That's good. Has Louis quit peeing?

-L.

cybercat
August 21st 06, 10:13 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ps.com...
>
> Brian Link wrote:
> > I don't wanna relive that whole episode, because as far as I'm
> > concerned Megan and I both acted badly, and I don't wanna argue about
> > "degrees of acting badly". It's all out there to be googled for those
> > into soap operas. I removed a section of cardboard from the screen
> > door early, and she got upset. I wasn't flinging him around the house
> > by his tail.
>
> LOL...I think everyone knows that, Brian.
>
> >
> > Anyway, it's clear that I'm not gonna hear back, and with that I'll
> > just accept that's the way it is.
> >
> > We have three cats right now, Louis and Tiger, adopted brothers, and
> > Chloe from California. They've reached equilibrium, and I'm happy.
>
> That's good. Has Louis quit peeing?
>

NO. And I do believe that is why Henry got tossed. That is what really kills
me.

PawsForThought
August 21st 06, 06:01 PM
Brian Link wrote:

> Megan agreed to adopt him, and when I last saw him he was doing
> wonderfully in her amazing, huge Minneapolis menagerie.

Therein lies your answer :) I'm sure with Megan taking care of him,
he's doing great.

Brian Link
August 22nd 06, 02:18 AM
On 21 Aug 2006 11:13:41 +0200, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>
>"-L." > wrote in message
ps.com...
>>
>> Brian Link wrote:
>> > I don't wanna relive that whole episode, because as far as I'm
>> > concerned Megan and I both acted badly, and I don't wanna argue about
>> > "degrees of acting badly". It's all out there to be googled for those
>> > into soap operas. I removed a section of cardboard from the screen
>> > door early, and she got upset. I wasn't flinging him around the house
>> > by his tail.
>>
>> LOL...I think everyone knows that, Brian.
>>
>> >
>> > Anyway, it's clear that I'm not gonna hear back, and with that I'll
>> > just accept that's the way it is.
>> >
>> > We have three cats right now, Louis and Tiger, adopted brothers, and
>> > Chloe from California. They've reached equilibrium, and I'm happy.
>>
>> That's good. Has Louis quit peeing?
>>
>
>NO. And I do believe that is why Henry got tossed. That is what really kills
>me.
>

Louis isn't peeing anymore. We gave over Henry because we simply
didn't have the resources for the round the clock management necessary
to integrate him into the house.

We had a good start, but all it took was one big fight three weeks in
to make the cats hate each other.

Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

cybercat
August 22nd 06, 07:13 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote
>
> Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.
>

Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
Megan is being downright spiteful.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

crickeh-re-hawd
August 22nd 06, 10:17 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Brian Link" > wrote
> >
> > Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.
> >
>
> Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
> Megan is being downright spiteful.

According to MaryL, Brain was abusive, I started posting on here long
about the time the whole thing was coming to a head, so I don't really
know if Brian was abusive or not.

If Brian was abusive then I wouldn't oblige him either

just because someone gives a person a cat, this in no way enslaves that
person to the giver.

that's just becomes weird at some point

she does not have an obligation to him

morally? well.. had he not plucked her nerves it wouldn't be an issue
now would it?

you just don't like megan so **** the topic, you just see oppurtunity
to take a shot at megan

:p~~~~~~~

Brian Link
August 29th 06, 04:17 AM
On 22 Aug 2006 14:17:04 -0700, "crickeh-re-hawd"
> wrote:

>
>cybercat wrote:
>> "Brian Link" > wrote
>> >
>> > Anyway, I'm glad Henry got a good home - just was trying to follow up.
>> >
>>
>> Regardless, anyone with any sense would let you know how he is doing.
>> Megan is being downright spiteful.
>
>According to MaryL, Brain was abusive, I started posting on here long
>about the time the whole thing was coming to a head, so I don't really
>know if Brian was abusive or not.
>
>If Brian was abusive then I wouldn't oblige him either
>
>just because someone gives a person a cat, this in no way enslaves that
>person to the giver.
>
>that's just becomes weird at some point
>
>she does not have an obligation to him
>
>morally? well.. had he not plucked her nerves it wouldn't be an issue
>now would it?
>
>you just don't like megan so **** the topic, you just see oppurtunity
>to take a shot at megan
>
>:p~~~~~~~

Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
Grandin.

She's dropped off the map here in rpchb, though, so I'm curious..

Plucking her nerves - yah, whatever. I just wanna know how the cat
that _I_ rescued and the _I_ brought into my house, much to the
distress of my resident felines, is doing.

Henry woulda been dog food except for me. Where were you, Megan and
your defenders, when he was scratching around for food?

Yet somehow I'm the villain here. Geez.

Sometimes I wonder how much people actually care about cats here,
rather than want to defend their egos.

Bah. This is Usenet, I guess.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

-L.
August 29th 06, 07:23 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
> but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
> Grandin.

Ya know, Brian, raggin on Megan really doesn't become you. You really
need to let it go. I agree that her refusing to give you updates is
petty, but what you are doing is really petty too. Let it go, man.

-L.

Rhonda
August 30th 06, 05:45 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> Henry woulda been dog food except for me. Where were you, Megan and
> your defenders, when he was scratching around for food?

Brian,

It's great that you rescued Henry. You don't have to convince everyone
on a cat group that you were wonderful for rescuing a cat.

I don't get the "where were you" sentence though -- are you saying Megan
and others should have rescued him in the first place? It sounds like
you're trying to put others down for not rescuing Henry, or that you are
the good guy and no one else. That's the tone, anyway.

I know you want to know how he's doing but I'll bet it won't happen now.
I don't know what happened between you and Megan after you visited Henry
the first time, but I think Megan is going to give Henry a good life and
you can relax about the whole issue. If something does happen with
Henry's health, I know from reading her posts that she is always right
on top of things.

Rhonda

Brian Link
August 31st 06, 01:08 AM
On 28 Aug 2006 23:23:26 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>
>Brian Link wrote:
>> Yah. Megan was pretty ****y with me, but I still respect her. Smart
>> but psycho. I think she must be some sort of cat savant, like Temple
>> Grandin.
>
>Ya know, Brian, raggin on Megan really doesn't become you. You really
>need to let it go. I agree that her refusing to give you updates is
>petty, but what you are doing is really petty too. Let it go, man.
>
>-L.

Consider me chastised. I just love cats, and have a hard time dealing
with interpersonal crap that gets in the way.

Sure I'm mad at her silence, but do notice that I compliment her in my
post. Equating someone to Temple Grandin is high praise in my book
Megan seems to have a real talent for dealing with cats. Radio silence
is just juvenile, though.

Good old Henry. Just wish I had something to tell those kids in my
neighborhood who ask about him.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Brian Link
August 31st 06, 01:15 AM
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:45:58 GMT, Rhonda >
wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>
>> Henry woulda been dog food except for me. Where were you, Megan and
>> your defenders, when he was scratching around for food?
>
>Brian,
>
>It's great that you rescued Henry. You don't have to convince everyone
>on a cat group that you were wonderful for rescuing a cat.
>
>I don't get the "where were you" sentence though -- are you saying Megan
>and others should have rescued him in the first place? It sounds like
>you're trying to put others down for not rescuing Henry, or that you are
>the good guy and no one else. That's the tone, anyway.
>
>I know you want to know how he's doing but I'll bet it won't happen now.
>I don't know what happened between you and Megan after you visited Henry
>the first time, but I think Megan is going to give Henry a good life and
>you can relax about the whole issue. If something does happen with
>Henry's health, I know from reading her posts that she is always right
>on top of things.
>
>Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda. I'm sorry to stir this whole thing up again. But adults
should be able to talk with each other...

I had a big fight with my brother - we hated each other for years -
but we'd still answer each other's phone calls.

The fact that Megan has gone dark makes me worry about the welfare of
my good old Henry. How hard is it to answer an email? Even if it's to
say "you suck, but Henry's fine".

I can accept that someone might be antisocial with humans. But when
there are pets involved it makes me worried.

So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

cybercat
August 31st 06, 02:08 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote

> So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
> reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
> still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".
>

You're getting exactly what you deserve, Brian.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

cybercat
August 31st 06, 02:10 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote

> Good old Henry. Just wish I had something to tell those kids in my
> neighborhood who ask about him.
>

How you managed to miss the fact that Megan is a spiteful, controlling
nutcase is hard to figure out. Did you really expect her to play fair?
Anyone who opposes her for any reason winds up the target of her
rage and spite. She is a very unhappy woman. That said, Henry is
probably fine. Her sociopathic tendencies do not appear to extend
to cats.



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Matthew
August 31st 06, 02:12 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Brian Link" > wrote
>
>> Good old Henry. Just wish I had something to tell those kids in my
>> neighborhood who ask about him.
>>
>
> How you managed to miss the fact that Megan is a spiteful, controlling
> nutcase is hard to figure out. Did you really expect her to play fair?
> Anyone who opposes her for any reason winds up the target of her
> rage and spite. She is a very unhappy woman. That said, Henry is
> probably fine. Her sociopathic tendencies do not appear to extend
> to cats.
>
I remember that when I disagreed with her and proved it with facts OUCH!

crickeh-re-hawd
August 31st 06, 02:14 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
> reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
> still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".
>
> BLink
> --------------------------
> "The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"


:

mmmm mmm mmmmm

crickeh-re-hawd
August 31st 06, 02:15 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Brian Link" > wrote
>
> > So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
> > reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
> > still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".
> >
>
> You're getting exactly what you deserve, Brian.

he reminds me of a little wooden puppet setting on someones leg

his bottom jaw and eyes are the only thing moving...

you can't shut him up

cybercat
August 31st 06, 02:51 AM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Brian Link" > wrote
> >
> > > So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
> > > reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
> > > still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".
> > >
> >
> > You're getting exactly what you deserve, Brian.
>
> he reminds me of a little wooden puppet setting on someones leg
>
> his bottom jaw and eyes are the only thing moving...
>
> you can't shut him up
>

He used to complain that the cats woke him up knocking beer
bottles off the tables.

Know what I mean?

crickeh-re-hawd
August 31st 06, 03:06 AM
cybercat wrote:

> He used to complain that the cats woke him up knocking beer
> bottles off the tables.
>
> Know what I mean?

yeah I get it, I don't think HE does ---> pointing to brian

Brian Link
September 1st 06, 04:16 AM
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:08:07 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>
>"Brian Link" > wrote
>
>> So, that's my original point. Megan thinks I'm screwed up for whatever
>> reason, but I just wanna find out how my cat is doing. Some of you
>> still talk to her. How hard is it to ask "How's Henry?".
>>
>
>You're getting exactly what you deserve, Brian.

Ya, and you're a usenet troll who I thought I'd kill-filtered. Any
real advice? Have you ever seen a cat? Nope and nope.

Plonk again.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 04:31 AM
Brian Link wrote:

> Ya, and you're a usenet troll who I thought I'd kill-filtered. Any
> real advice? Have you ever seen a cat? Nope and nope.

i think you should go over megans apt and spy through the windows
beat on the door and demand to know the state of YOUR cat

and whatever you do, have a 6 pack of beer before you go

ROFLMAO

MEGAN MEGAN LET ME IN
YOU OWE MEGAN

I WANNA SEE MY CAT

I'M NOT GOING AWAY TILL I SEE MY CAT

personally I am embarassed for you to be asking about Henry after all
this time.

it's been like 2 or 3 years now

ok, so you got your feelings hurt

just accept that she does not want you to be a part of her life
prolly cause you stuck her in the back, i remember your post about your
visit to megans house..

YOU EXPLOITED HER SETUP nothing to exploit, but you played MONTEL
getting attention from someone elses labor and uniquness...

ok, so today she says.. "Oh Henry is fine, he's eating well, blah
blah"..

so what you goin do that once a year? ever 6 months?

you're a ****ing two faced bum