PDA

View Full Version : Loud, CAT very Noisy! will not be quiet is on my last nerve PLEASe HeLP!!!!

August 22nd 06, 10:28 AM
I got a pure bread Burmese cat about 4 years ago from a breeder. Its
name is Zorro. Zorro has always been loved and taken care of. He
lives with a tabby twice his size named Tiger. Tiger is vocal but only
in a friendly chirping way he gets it from Zorro. Zorro is vocal but
in a winning way and if you ignore him it changes to a LOUD yelling
way. He is like a alarm clock turned up very loud telling you that you
need to give your cat what he wants. It has been this way for at least
3 years. Zorro is skittish, but we have never done anything but show
him love. Both cats are neutered and declawed. Im a 20 year old male,
my sister is 17, we both live with our parents. My dad prefers dogs
but we are all cat lovers. Everyone except my mom is fed up with
Zorro. The cat is identical to this post
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_frm/thread/e69d6dafe3c6dbc2/1338eab1fd1decca?lnk=gst&q=loud&rnum=3#1338eab1fd1decca

Without the killing or being mean

But it effects every aspect of our home lives

Both cats get to go outside when they want spending a couple hours out
side then coming back in Zorro stays out a lot more than tiger and even
spends an entire day outside about once a month if the weather is good
because he goes off on some adventure or something. but my mom gets
worried and goes searching for him. When tiger wants out he sits
quietly by the door until somebody sees and opens it. When Zorro wants
out he walks around yelling when someone acknowledges him he continues
to yell and walks to the door. he will not be quiet until he sees the
door being open.

What in the world do I do, I need sleep and peace please somebody help
me!!!!!

Matthew
August 22nd 06, 10:48 AM
Did you ever go get him checked at a vet for hearing loss

IMO If there is no medical problems sounds like a spoiled cat that has
gotten its way for a long time just like a whining crying child when they
cry a parent does what it wants instead of steeling themselves from
spoiling them

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I got a pure bread Burmese cat about 4 years ago from a breeder. Its
> name is Zorro. Zorro has always been loved and taken care of. He
> lives with a tabby twice his size named Tiger. Tiger is vocal but only
> in a friendly chirping way he gets it from Zorro. Zorro is vocal but
> in a winning way and if you ignore him it changes to a LOUD yelling
> way. He is like a alarm clock turned up very loud telling you that you
> need to give your cat what he wants. It has been this way for at least
> 3 years. Zorro is skittish, but we have never done anything but show
> him love. Both cats are neutered and declawed. Im a 20 year old male,
> my sister is 17, we both live with our parents. My dad prefers dogs
> but we are all cat lovers. Everyone except my mom is fed up with
> Zorro. The cat is identical to this post
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav/browse_frm/thread/e69d6dafe3c6dbc2/1338eab1fd1decca?lnk=gst&q=loud&rnum=3#1338eab1fd1decca
>
> Without the killing or being mean
>
> But it effects every aspect of our home lives
>
> Both cats get to go outside when they want spending a couple hours out
> side then coming back in Zorro stays out a lot more than tiger and even
> spends an entire day outside about once a month if the weather is good
> because he goes off on some adventure or something. but my mom gets
> worried and goes searching for him. When tiger wants out he sits
> quietly by the door until somebody sees and opens it. When Zorro wants
> out he walks around yelling when someone acknowledges him he continues
> to yell and walks to the door. he will not be quiet until he sees the
> door being open.
>
> What in the world do I do, I need sleep and peace please somebody help
> me!!!!!

August 22nd 06, 11:56 AM
Don't know about Burmese, but if their anthying like Siamese its a
breed trait. They are louyd and talkative and demand attention and love
people.

wrote:
>. Zorro is vocal but
> in a winning way and if you ignore him it changes to a LOUD yelling
> way.

Niel Humphreys
August 22nd 06, 12:08 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Both cats are declawed.
> but we are all cat lovers.

These two statements are mutually exclusive. You can not call yourselves cat
lovers if you are prepared to mutilate your kittes paws by ripping their
fingers out.

Poetic justice now is that it is quite likely that the mutilation of your
poor cat's claws has led to the behavioural problems which you are
experiencing. Serves you all right.
--

Niel H

m4816k
August 22nd 06, 12:11 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Don't know about Burmese, but if their anthying like Siamese its a
> breed trait. They are louyd and talkative and demand attention and love
> people.
>

> wrote:
>>. Zorro is vocal but
>> in a winning way and if you ignore him it changes to a LOUD yelling
>> way.

Those breeds are closely related, Burmese being a mix of Siamese and...can't
remember what so I guess it's not strange to find a "chatty" Burmese.
Anyway, I really don't have any good advice so I won't take your time,
except, tell your mom not to go searching for him all the time cause cats
have a much better sense of orientation than humans or even dogs (meaning,
he's unlikely to get lost).

MaryL
August 22nd 06, 12:38 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>

>> Both cats are declawed.
>> but we are all cat lovers.
>
> These two statements are mutually exclusive. You can not call yourselves
> cat lovers if you are prepared to mutilate your kittes paws by ripping
> their fingers out.
>
> Poetic justice now is that it is quite likely that the mutilation of your
> poor cat's claws has led to the behavioural problems which you are
> experiencing. Serves you all right.
> --
>
> Niel H

Also, declawed cats absolutely should *not* be allowed outside. They are
defenseless!

MaryL

crickeh-re-hawd
August 22nd 06, 10:30 PM
Matthew wrote:
> Did you ever go get him checked at a vet for hearing loss
>
> IMO If there is no medical problems sounds like a spoiled cat that has
> gotten its way for a long time just like a whining crying child when they
> cry a parent does what it wants instead of steeling themselves from
> spoiling them

heh, these humans crack me up

Cheryl
August 22nd 06, 11:49 PM
On Tue 22 Aug 2006 07:38:28a, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:[email protected]):

> Also, declawed cats absolutely should *not* be allowed outside.
> They are defenseless!

That was my *first* thought, too. I can picture them putting the cat
out to "shut it up". Of course there are too many buzz words in this
post to make me think anything other than a torll. Declawed.
Purebred (they wrote Pure Bread) and the poster is 20 and worried
about needing sleep. When I was 20 I could go for days without sleep.
Can't do that now! lol To top it all off, the OP quoted a 6 year
old thread about a loud cat that was going to be killed if it didn't
stop.

--
Cheryl

August 23rd 06, 02:53 AM
In article . com>,
says...
> Don't know about Burmese, but if their anthying like Siamese its a
> breed trait. They are louyd and talkative and demand attention and love
> people.

My tuxedo patterned DSH Randy is a vocal boy. He lets you know what he
wants and when he wants it.

The chocolate DSH Emily barely squeaks when she meows. But she's
insistent.

PawsForThought
August 23rd 06, 06:08 PM
wrote:
> I got a pure bread Burmese cat about 4 years ago from a breeder.

Since you bought your cat from a breeder, I would assume you researched
this breed very thoroughly first. This breed is known to be quite
loud.

PawsForThought
August 23rd 06, 06:11 PM
wrote:
Both cats are neutered and declawed.

Are you aware what declawing is? In case you don't, it's 10 separate
very very painful amputations of the last digit on each toe, and
extremely cruel :(
I suggest you do some research, www.declaw.com, for example.

PawsForThought
August 23rd 06, 06:12 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >

> > Both cats are declawed.
> > but we are all cat lovers.
>
> These two statements are mutually exclusive. You can not call yourselves cat
> lovers if you are prepared to mutilate your kittes paws by ripping their
> fingers out.
>
> Poetic justice now is that it is quite likely that the mutilation of your
> poor cat's claws has led to the behavioural problems which you are
> experiencing. Serves you all right.
> --
>
> Niel H

Except, unfortunately the cat pays the ultimate price, as most likely
these people will dump the cat :(

MaryL
August 23rd 06, 06:17 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> wrote:
> Both cats are neutered and declawed.
>
> Are you aware what declawing is? In case you don't, it's 10 separate
> very very painful amputations of the last digit on each toe, and
> extremely cruel :(
> I suggest you do some research, www.declaw.com, for example.

Also, check this site for some very graphic information about declawing:
http://www.stopdeclaw.com
MaryL

Niel Humphreys
August 23rd 06, 06:56 PM
"PawsForThought" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Niel Humphreys wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >

>> > Both cats are declawed.
>> > but we are all cat lovers.
>>
>> These two statements are mutually exclusive. You can not call yourselves
>> cat
>> lovers if you are prepared to mutilate your kittes paws by ripping their
>> fingers out.
>>
>> Poetic justice now is that it is quite likely that the mutilation of your
>> poor cat's claws has led to the behavioural problems which you are
>> experiencing. Serves you all right.
>> --
>>
>> Niel H
>
> Except, unfortunately the cat pays the ultimate price, as most likely
> these people will dump the cat :(

Like it seems they dumped this newsgroup as soon as the criticism started to
fly about their declawing of their cats.
--

Niel H

cybercat
August 23rd 06, 08:11 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "PawsForThought" > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> >> oups.com...

> >> These two statements are mutually exclusive. You can not call
yourselves
> >> cat
> >> lovers if you are prepared to mutilate your kittes paws by ripping
their
> >> fingers out.
> >>
> >> Poetic justice now is that it is quite likely that the mutilation of
your
> >> poor cat's claws has led to the behavioural problems which you are
> >> experiencing. Serves you all right.
> >> --
> >>
> >> Niel H
> >
> > Except, unfortunately the cat pays the ultimate price, as most likely
> > these people will dump the cat :(
>

> Like it seems they dumped this newsgroup as soon as the criticism started
> fly about their declawing of their cats.
> --

Which is a pretty good sign that, unfortunately, the OP was not a "troll"
but
was indeed a real person with real cats. Ugh.

crickeh-re-hawd
August 24th 06, 03:32 AM
PawsForThought wrote:

> Since you bought your cat from a breeder, I would assume you researched
> this breed very thoroughly first. This breed is known to be quite
> loud.

lmao

"help me help me, i bought a loud cat and he won't shut up"

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Deeanna
August 24th 06, 05:47 AM
Hi Cheryll!
I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat? In
another post someone pointed out in this post that these people are cat
lovers but then declawed their cats; talk about conflicting statements.
That is as bad as my landlord's daughter saying she loves cats but
then keeps them in the barn to kill mice, making them potential food
for foxes. She never, ever let them in the house, no matter how cold
it got, and it could get pretty cold in England in the winter.

I would never, ever declaw a cat. It is so cruel and inhumane.
England does not allow it, thank goodness. I wish we would take a cue
from them. If people are worried about cats clawing up their
furniture, then it's real simple; don't get a cat. Are dog's voice
boxes removed because of their constant barking? No, so why should a
cat's claws be removed because of their natural instinct to claw?

Some people should not be blessed by the love of animals.
Deeanna

Cheryl wrote:
> On Tue 22 Aug 2006 07:38:28a, MaryL wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:[email protected]):
>

> > Also, declawed cats absolutely should *not* be allowed outside.
> > They are defenseless!
>
> That was my *first* thought, too. I can picture them putting the cat
> out to "shut it up". Of course there are too many buzz words in this
> post to make me think anything other than a torll. Declawed.
> Purebred (they wrote Pure Bread) and the poster is 20 and worried
> about needing sleep. When I was 20 I could go for days without sleep.
> Can't do that now! lol To top it all off, the OP quoted a 6 year
> old thread about a loud cat that was going to be killed if it didn't
> stop.
>
> --
> Cheryl

cybercat
August 24th 06, 07:39 AM
"Deeanna" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Cheryll!
> I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
> your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat?

wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and normal
cats when it comes to clawing furniture?

-L.
August 24th 06, 11:43 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Deeanna" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi Cheryll!
> > I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
> > your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat?
>
> wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and normal
> cats when it comes to clawing furniture?

It has been my observation that a purebred is more likely to be
declawed because people who *buy* "purebred" (and I use that term
loosely) cats are more into the way they look rather than the way they
act.

FWIW....

-L.

MaryL
August 24th 06, 12:31 PM
"Deeanna" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi Cheryll!
> I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
> your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat?

Unfortunately, many purebred cats are declawed.

<snip>
>Are dog's voice
> boxes removed because of their constant barking? No, so why should a
> cat's claws be removed because of their natural instinct to claw?

Although not as common, some dogs' "voice boxes" are removed. Another
tragedy.

--
MaryL

cybercat
August 24th 06, 04:16 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > "Deeanna" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > Hi Cheryll!
> > > I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
> > > your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat?
> >
> > wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and
normal
> > cats when it comes to clawing furniture?
>
> It has been my observation that a purebred is more likely to be
> declawed because people who *buy* "purebred" (and I use that term
> loosely) cats are more into the way they look rather than the way they
> act.

That makes perfect sense, in a sickening kind of way. Eyuu. Ugh. The cat as
an ornament.

Deeanna
August 25th 06, 05:15 AM
wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and
normal
> > cats when it comes to clawing furniture?

L,
For the record, I do not and will NEVER believe in declawing cats,
purebreds or otherwise. I am also strongly opposed to breeding animals
for money. But, that's just me.

I don't know what FWIW means, but right back atcha.

-L. wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Deeanna" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > Hi Cheryll!
> > > I didn't think much about this guy possibly being a troll until I read
> > > your post. Who in their right mind would declaw a purebred cat?
> >
> > wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and normal
> > cats when it comes to clawing furniture?
>
> It has been my observation that a purebred is more likely to be
> declawed because people who *buy* "purebred" (and I use that term
> loosely) cats are more into the way they look rather than the way they
> act.
>
> FWIW....
>
> -L.

-L.
August 25th 06, 06:54 AM
Deeanna wrote:
> wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and
> normal
> > > cats when it comes to clawing furniture?
>
> L,
> For the record, I do not and will NEVER believe in declawing cats,
> purebreds or otherwise. I am also strongly opposed to breeding animals
> for money. But, that's just me.
>
> I don't know what FWIW means, but right back atcha.

For what it's worth...

And I agree WRT breeding and declawing. Both should be banned.

-L.

cybercat
August 26th 06, 04:13 AM
"Deeanna" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> wtf? Like there is a difference between artificially bred cats and
> normal
> > > cats when it comes to clawing furniture?
>
> L,
> For the record, I do not and will NEVER believe in declawing cats

L did not say that, I said that.

August 26th 06, 11:07 AM
WELL UPDATE first i dont know what a troll is but I do love cats I had
no choice in the matter of declawing but I agree I would never declaw a
cat if I had a chice in the matter I didnt have a choice inthe breed
althou i did like burmese cats Zorro is my second if you subtract the
age of the cat from my age you can see I was to young to be able to
afford a pure bread cat or declawing I had no job at the time.. and
we are definantly keeping this cat it is just carzy how noisy he is i
just wanted to see if there was somthing to do since we have ner really
gotten outside opinions on the matter and I get lots of good info from
the web