PDA

View Full Version : New Siamese Cat

jog
August 23rd 06, 08:54 PM
She is blue-grey, 5 y.o., had her for 3 weeks now. She is the first
cat I've ever had. It totally surprises me how needy & affectionate
they are. She is not as "independent" as I thought a cat would be...
that is fine by me. It shows that she needs to be petted. She
sometimes meows and lays on the floor because she wants attention.
Sometimes she hisses if she is (I'm assuming), hungry. (This is usually
in the morning.) When did kitties ever hiss when there is no direct
threat? I find this interesting. Perhaps she is establishing "house
rules", and that is to be fed promptly. Who knows? Anyway, she is a
lovely little animal. Her name is Silly.

Matthew
August 23rd 06, 08:59 PM
they hiss sometimes when you startle them something makes them nervous.
My Rumble will do that when I walk up behind him. I say to him who do you
think you are hissing at loudly he give me a look like sorry and comes
immediately to me to love on me

Siamese are not an independent cat they want attention and demand attention

Sounds like she is training you well to be a cat slave Congratulations

"jog" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> She is blue-grey, 5 y.o., had her for 3 weeks now. She is the first
> cat I've ever had. It totally surprises me how needy & affectionate
> they are. She is not as "independent" as I thought a cat would be...
> that is fine by me. It shows that she needs to be petted. She
> sometimes meows and lays on the floor because she wants attention.
> Sometimes she hisses if she is (I'm assuming), hungry. (This is usually
> in the morning.) When did kitties ever hiss when there is no direct
> threat? I find this interesting. Perhaps she is establishing "house
> rules", and that is to be fed promptly. Who knows? Anyway, she is a
> lovely little animal. Her name is Silly.

August 23rd 06, 09:03 PM
"jog" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> She is blue-grey, 5 y.o., had her for 3 weeks now. She is the first
> cat I've ever had. It totally surprises me how needy & affectionate
> they are. She is not as "independent" as I thought a cat would be...
> that is fine by me. It shows that she needs to be petted. She
> sometimes meows and lays on the floor because she wants attention.
> Sometimes she hisses if she is (I'm assuming), hungry. (This is usually
> in the morning.) When did kitties ever hiss when there is no direct
> threat? I find this interesting. Perhaps she is establishing "house
> rules", and that is to be fed promptly. Who knows? Anyway, she is a
> lovely little animal. Her name is Silly.

Pics! You can set up a free Yahoo picture album.