PDA

View Full Version : Eye problem not improving..

Elizabeth
August 25th 06, 04:31 AM
I took my kitten to the vet... 12 days ago and she had an eye infection a
cold and an URI. She's still wheezing, and her eyes are still weeping
slightly. I have been giving her her medicine as recommended (eye cream twice
a day, liquid antibiotic twice a day). could it be more serious? or do i just
need to keep up with the medicine and give her time?

--
http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg

my baby.

-L.
August 25th 06, 06:56 AM
Elizabeth wrote:
> I took my kitten to the vet... 12 days ago and she had an eye infection a
> cold and an URI. She's still wheezing, and her eyes are still weeping
> slightly. I have been giving her her medicine as recommended (eye cream twice
> a day, liquid antibiotic twice a day). could it be more serious? or do i just
> need to keep up with the medicine and give her time?
>
> --
> http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg
>
> my baby.

Cute little thing. Call the vet.

-L.

August 25th 06, 10:27 AM
Elizabeth wrote:
> I took my kitten to the vet... 12 days ago and she had an eye infection a
> cold and an URI. She's still wheezing, and her eyes are still weeping
> slightly. I have been giving her her medicine as recommended (eye cream twice
> a day, liquid antibiotic twice a day). could it be more serious? or do i just
> need to keep up with the medicine and give her time?

Your kitten should have improved by now. Did the vet test what kind of
URI it is? They don't all respond to the same medications. Take her
back, especially if she is wheezing.

Fuga :o\)
August 25th 06, 03:40 PM
sounds like she's got the herpes virus in addition to the URI. CAll the vet
and see if they can give some l-lysine to help treat her.

Fuga

"Elizabeth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I took my kitten to the vet... 12 days ago and she had an eye infection a
> cold and an URI. She's still wheezing, and her eyes are still weeping
> slightly. I have been giving her her medicine as recommended (eye cream
> twice
> a day, liquid antibiotic twice a day). could it be more serious? or do i
> just
> need to keep up with the medicine and give her time?
>
> --
> http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg
>
> my baby.

Wendy
August 25th 06, 03:49 PM
OP doesn't need to get l-lysine from the vet. It can be had at most health
food type stores. Pick up a bottle of pills and a pill crusher (available at
Pet Smart and probably other pet stores). Mix the crushed pill with wet
food. It must not have much of a taste as I've never had a problem getting
kittens or cats to take lysine this way.