PDA

View Full Version : Kitten and adult cat food

Mark Carroll
August 26th 06, 04:07 PM
We have four neutered males - two are five months old, two are eight
years old. They eat from each other's bowls a lot so trying to give
kitten food to the kittens and cat food to the adults isn't working
out too well. Is it okay to give kitten food to the cats, or
vice-versa, or a bit of a mix to them all, or something?

-- Mark

crickeh-re-hawd
August 26th 06, 04:20 PM
Mark Carroll wrote:
> We have four neutered males - two are five months old, two are eight
> years old. They eat from each other's bowls a lot so trying to give
> kitten food to the kittens and cat food to the adults isn't working
> out too well. Is it okay to give kitten food to the cats, or
> vice-versa, or a bit of a mix to them all, or something?
>
> -- Mark

it's goin have to be ain't it? lol

of course the obvious solution would be to put the cats in each room
during feeding times..but that's a pain in the cat butt

they'll worry the crap out of you wanting in and out to eat

if you're buying high quality cat food for the adults, im sure it's
plenty nutrition for the kittens

I guess.. i don't know

i don't know nothing

cybercat
August 26th 06, 05:20 PM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote

> if you're buying high quality cat food for the adults, im sure it's
> plenty nutrition for the kittens

oh, you are just begging for the catfood nazis to come after you,
aren't you?

---MIKE---
August 26th 06, 05:49 PM
When I first got Tiger (at four months) I fed only good quality adult
food (Innova, Nutro and then Wellness). He has grown into a healthy, 22
pound Maine Coon lookalike.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Rhonda
August 26th 06, 05:56 PM
Mark,

I had that same problem. I tried to give kitten food to the kittens when
I could, basically I kind of snuck it to them every day when I could.
Their main diet though was adult food at about 4-5 months with kitten
food supplement. They survived!

Rhonda

Mark Carroll wrote:
> We have four neutered males - two are five months old, two are eight
> years old. They eat from each other's bowls a lot so trying to give
> kitten food to the kittens and cat food to the adults isn't working
> out too well. Is it okay to give kitten food to the cats, or
> vice-versa, or a bit of a mix to them all, or something?
>
> -- Mark

crickeh-re-hawd
August 26th 06, 08:33 PM
cybercat wrote:

> oh, you are just begging for the catfood nazis to come after you,
> aren't you?

my mamma told me if Im going to get in a fight, I may as well throw the
first punch
so i thought.. let's get started

cybercat
August 26th 06, 10:45 PM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > oh, you are just begging for the catfood nazis to come after you,
> > aren't you?
>
> my mamma told me if Im going to get in a fight, I may as well throw the
> first punch

She did not!