PDA

View Full Version : Spookie is so lonely

Gerry
August 27th 06, 01:10 AM
Spookie had his best friend Sammy another cat die about a year ago.
Spookie has never recovered from it. He keeps to himself, he never
mewos... I really try my best to play with him and entertain him . We
are both dying inside.

cybercat
August 27th 06, 01:19 AM
"Gerry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Spookie had his best friend Sammy another cat die about a year ago.
> Spookie has never recovered from it. He keeps to himself, he never
> mewos... I really try my best to play with him and entertain him . We
> are both dying inside.

Go to the shelter were wonderful kitties are waiting for you and need you!
Get a young adult who is warm and friendly! Ask the shelter staff which
ones like other cats!

Gail
August 27th 06, 01:24 AM
YES.
Gail
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Gerry" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Spookie had his best friend Sammy another cat die about a year ago.
>> Spookie has never recovered from it. He keeps to himself, he never
>> mewos... I really try my best to play with him and entertain him . We
>> are both dying inside.
>>

> Go to the shelter were wonderful kitties are waiting for you and need you!
> Get a young adult who is warm and friendly! Ask the shelter staff which
> ones like other cats!

John Ross Mc Master
August 27th 06, 01:38 AM
I'm in total agreement with cybercat. Go to a shelter.

On 27 Aug 2006 02:19:57 +0200, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"Gerry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> Spookie had his best friend Sammy another cat die about a year ago.
>> Spookie has never recovered from it. He keeps to himself, he never
>> mewos... I really try my best to play with him and entertain him . We
>> are both dying inside.
>>

>Go to the shelter were wonderful kitties are waiting for you and need you!
>Get a young adult who is warm and friendly! Ask the shelter staff which
>ones like other cats!

Niel Humphreys
August 27th 06, 02:41 AM
@cathouse.meow> wrote in message
> On 27 Aug 2006 02:19:57 +0200, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Gerry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>>> Spookie had his best friend Sammy another cat die about a year ago.
>>> Spookie has never recovered from it. He keeps to himself, he never
>>> mewos... I really try my best to play with him and entertain him . We
>>> are both dying inside.
>>>

>>Go to the shelter were wonderful kitties are waiting for you and need you!
>>Get a young adult who is warm and friendly! Ask the shelter staff which
>>ones like other cats!
> I'm in total agreement with cybercat. Go to a shelter.

Hate to play devils advicate but this may not be the solution. Worfy passed
away a few months ago & was Thor's best friend. Tough I introduced Pink and
Thor's brother Teal'c has totally bonded with her Thor has become aloof and
'grown up' far too soon, he no longer plays or enjoys a lot of fuss but
sleeps on my bed every night. Breaks my heart that he's missing his 'daddy'
so much although his brother has found a new playmate.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't expect things to be like they were.
Cats have a funny way of mourning.
--

Niel H

cybercat
August 27th 06, 03:10 AM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote
> Hate to play devils advicate but this may not be the solution. Worfy
passed
> away a few months ago & was Thor's best friend. Tough I introduced Pink
and
> Thor's brother Teal'c has totally bonded with her Thor has become aloof
and
> 'grown up' far too soon, he no longer plays or enjoys a lot of fuss but
> sleeps on my bed every night. Breaks my heart that he's missing his
'daddy'
> so much although his brother has found a new playmate.
>
> I guess what I am trying to say is don't expect things to be like they
were.
> Cats have a funny way of mourning.
> --

Maybe, like people, grief takes time for cats to work through. A few months
is
not very long. I hope Thor passes through this phase and becomes a more
lighthearted kitty.