PDA

View Full Version : Feliway Questions

SweetKitten via CatKB.com
August 27th 06, 10:23 PM
HI
I was Wondering does feliway change the way your cat responds to you?
I have several cats who are cuddly toward me and i wouldn't want to change
that.
Also would feliway stop my cats playing habits and i would not want that
to happen either?

I am asking because I am thinking of buying a diffuser.

Sweetkitten

22brix
August 27th 06, 10:28 PM
"SweetKitten via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> HI
> I was Wondering does feliway change the way your cat responds to you?
> I have several cats who are cuddly toward me and i wouldn't want to change
> that.
> Also would feliway stop my cats playing habits and i would not want that
> to happen either?
>
> I am asking because I am thinking of buying a diffuser.
>
> Sweetkitten

My cats don't seem to be affected by them--the only thing I notice is a
little less squabbling between them. It's not a real dramatic difference.
They're still very affectionate and playful.

Bonnie

August 27th 06, 11:16 PM
SweetKitten via CatKB.com wrote:
> HI
> I was Wondering does feliway change the way your cat responds to you?
> I have several cats who are cuddly toward me and i wouldn't want to change
> that.
> Also would feliway stop my cats playing habits and i would not want that
> to happen either?
>
> I am asking because I am thinking of buying a diffuser.
>
> Sweetkitten

I use diffusers around my living room furniture and I spray some
woodwork with Feliway to stop the cats from scratching these things.
They will leave the furniture and the woodwork alone so it must work.
I've never noticed any change in their wonderful personalities.

MaryL
August 28th 06, 12:23 AM
"SweetKitten via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> HI
> I was Wondering does feliway change the way your cat responds to you?
> I have several cats who are cuddly toward me and i wouldn't want to change
> that.
> Also would feliway stop my cats playing habits and i would not want that
> to happen either?
>
> I am asking because I am thinking of buying a diffuser.
>
> Sweetkitten

No, I never noticed any of those changes. I used Feliway diffusers for
awhile after I adopted Duffy. It had a calming effect and helped integrate
the two cats, but it did not have any effect on their personalities or play.
I eventually was able to discontinue it -- again, no change in how they
responded to me or their personalities, but by then the cats had adjusted to
each other.

MaryL

Anonymous
August 28th 06, 07:02 AM