PDA

View Full Version : help save the cat

straycat via CatKB.com
August 28th 06, 01:01 PM
I have a pregnant stray cat that keeps comming to my house i can't catch the
cat and i think its cruel to confine it but i think she will give birth soon
because she's leeking milk and ive never had kittens before can you help me.
give me tips how to catch her and look after the kittens

Yours hopefully StrayCat

Gail
August 28th 06, 01:03 PM
Rent, buy, or borrow a have a heart trap. Catch the cat, have her spayed (if
possible at this time) and try to find her a home. That is the best thing
you can do for her. A stray cat's life is very short filled with hunger and
disease. This will happen to her and her kittens.
Gail
"straycat via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I have a pregnant stray cat that keeps comming to my house i can't catch
>the
> cat and i think its cruel to confine it but i think she will give birth
> soon
> because she's leeking milk and ive never had kittens before can you help
> me.
> give me tips how to catch her and look after the kittens
>
> Yours hopefully StrayCat

The Polish-Kraut
August 28th 06, 02:13 PM
Wasn;t this just posted in alt.cats ??

Here is the post from there:

*
*Hi, Im Alysia im in a bit of trouble a stray pregnant
*cat keeps comming to my house and she looks like
*she is going to give birth soon but 1 we can't catch
*her and 2 she won't stay in the house but we have a
*very busy road and already 7 cats have been
*killed this year. I fear for the kittens safety
* because there are many dogs around and cats
*who would kill them please could
* some on give me tips on how to catch the cat and
*keep her in the house and what if she
*gives birth somewhere else please help
*and hurry time is running out here is my
*e-mail address help
*me save the cat
*

>I have a pregnant stray cat that keeps comming to my house i can't catch the
>cat and i think its cruel to confine it but i think she will give birth soon
>because she's leeking milk and ive never had kittens before can you help me.
>give me tips how to catch her and look after the kittens
>
>Yours hopefully StrayCat

Wendy
August 28th 06, 02:21 PM
"Gail" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Rent, buy, or borrow a have a heart trap. Catch the cat, have her spayed
> (if possible at this time) and try to find her a home. That is the best
> thing you can do for her. A stray cat's life is very short filled with
> hunger and disease. This will happen to her and her kittens.
> Gail
> "straycat via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I have a pregnant stray cat that keeps comming to my house i can't catch
>>the
>> cat and i think its cruel to confine it but i think she will give birth
>> soon
>> because she's leeking milk and ive never had kittens before can you help
>> me.
>> give me tips how to catch her and look after the kittens
>>
>> Yours hopefully StrayCat
>>
>> --

If the cat is actually leaking milk then birth is imminent and it's too late
to spay until after the kittens are weaned. Like someone else said get a
have a heart trap and get this girl asap. If she has the kittens outside you
have to locate the nest before you trap mom. If you can get them and the Mom
then start contacting rescue groups right away. If you are willing to foster
mom and her litter while she's nursing you might be able to find some help
in getting mom spayed and adopted (if she's socialized) and the kittens
adopted.