PDA

View Full Version : Help, cat waking up babies in the morning

August 29th 06, 03:55 AM
Before we had twins ( which are now 9 months old ), our cat would
sometimes meow in the
morning when he wanted us to get up and give him canned food and let
him go outside. Now it has become a big issue. How do we train him
not to do this, while at the same time not waking the babies up. I
understand that he can be resentful of the babies. I suspect that
spending a certain amount of time petting him every day is a critical
part of it. What else?

Matthew
August 29th 06, 04:06 AM
John it sounds like he needs more attention a lot MORE ATTENTION

It could be also the stress that comes with having a child specially twins
can spin off and effect and affect all around you even furballs.

Also could it just be a issue with you and maybe with not getting enough
sleep with twins could it be effecting your judgment and you a little bit
easily rattled a little more

If feeding is an issue you can buy a food timer machine to help out with
the wanting issue. And maybe install a cat door.( I don't believe in
letting cats out unless it is perfectly safe for them but the is my opinion
I don't know you situation)

When you do any training with cats it takes time, patience and will power.

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Before we had twins ( which are now 9 months old ), our cat would
> sometimes meow in the
> morning when he wanted us to get up and give him canned food and let
> him go outside. Now it has become a big issue. How do we train him
> not to do this, while at the same time not waking the babies up. I
> understand that he can be resentful of the babies.

IMO This is only true when the parents forget that they already have a
child and only focus on the new addition