PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace my little dudley...

Kitkat
August 29th 06, 01:26 PM
Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
that he is at peace.

Pam

Gail
August 29th 06, 01:29 PM
I am sooooo sorry, Pam. I know how much you loved him and what good care you
took of him.
Gail
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty gods
> for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and I made
> "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I guess we
> were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my heart is pretty
> much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

Lesley
August 29th 06, 02:07 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night.

I'm sitting here crying my eyes out for Jasper Dudley. I'm glad he
didn't suffer and he was at home. I've always thought of him as one of
my "special" cats on the ng's and it feels like I've lost one of my own

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

crickeh-re-hawd
August 29th 06, 02:45 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

Im so sorry Pam

I didn't know. I guess I haven't been keeping up, I see you had posted
a few weeks ago, you probably told about his condition back then.

It helped me one time to write a poem about my cat. It was a song
actually.

A lot of people don't understand just how close we get to our little
friends.

Please take care

Best to you and yours

-L.
August 29th 06, 05:49 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some peace.

-L.

cybercat
August 29th 06, 05:51 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.

Oh God, Pam, I am both relieved that you did not have to make the
choice, and in tears at the same time, for the loss of Jasper Dudley. I
know you will be hurting for a long time, and missing him. Maybe it will
help a little to remember that you took him from where he stood, lonely
and confused, on an empty hospital bed that his human, who had died,
used to sleep on. You pampered him and loved him, gave him good
company, even Luna, another cat to play with. There can be no cat
as lucky as Jasperduds, Pam. He was a good boy and a brave boy
and although I know he did not want to leave you, it is so good that
he passed peacefully. He really knew he was love. So many cats
never know that. Love and healing prayers to you and Tim, you are
both such fine people to take this elderly blind and deaf cat and make
the rest of his life so nice. When you can stand to, maybe post the link
to your favorite Dudley pictures. He was so beautiful, too.

cybercat
August 29th 06, 05:51 PM
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Kitkat wrote:
> > Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night.
>
> I'm sitting here crying my eyes out for Jasper Dudley. I'm glad he
> didn't suffer and he was at home. I've always thought of him as one of
> my "special" cats on the ng's and it feels like I've lost one of my own

I feel that way too.

Candace
August 29th 06, 06:01 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

Pam, I'm so, so sorry. Since he had to go, it's wonderful for you (and
him) that he died in his own time and in his own home. Making the
"decision" when to do it is always the most stressful. My sincere
condolences and I hope your happy memories of such a special boy will
soon outweigh your pain at his loss.

Candace

Gail Futoran
August 29th 06, 07:19 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty gods
> for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and I made
> "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I guess we
> were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my heart is pretty
> much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

I am sorry for your loss, but happy that Jasper Dudley had a great second
family and that you had a chance to know and love him for a time.

Gail F.
Owned by Lao Ma, Ephiny, Minya, Melosa

August 29th 06, 11:01 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

You were blessed with him and so lucky to have had such a friend. I,
too, am relieved that he is at peace and that he passed at home.

Kitkat
August 30th 06, 12:20 AM
Thank you all. I showed all of your messages to my husband as well and
he appreciates it just as much. It's a funny little community of cat
lovers we have here, but hey, it works. I depended on this group for
advice and support for almost the entire time we had Dudley.

We brought him to the vet today so he could be taken to the crematory.
We chose a special urn for his ashes and kissed him goodbye.

Then, I went to work and finished out my day (only missed one of my 6
classes) and somehow, the zany kids I teach managed to make me feel
somewhat better. :)

Of course, when I got home, I fell to pieces. Tim had already cleaned up
the room and even took the rug out since he had peed on it a number of
times last night. (Last nite was the first time he EVER didn't use the
litter box...and he even tried to get there...we saw him try!!)

Dudley was a fighter and a champ and we are crushed. We miss him and
love him and hey, at least he can see what we look like now, since his
sight was thankfully restored at the bridge!!! :)

I have this magnet I bought a while ago..it is a seal point just like
dudley...with wings and a halo...and underneath it says "Angels are
watching over me!" And now it's really true!

cybercat
August 30th 06, 12:41 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
om...

> Of course, when I got home, I fell to pieces. Tim had already cleaned up
> the room and even took the rug out since he had peed on it a number of
> times last night. (Last nite was the first time he EVER didn't use the
> litter box...and he even tried to get there...we saw him try!!)

What a good, polite boy. This just makes me want to cry all over again.
He was a good sweet soul.

> Dudley was a fighter and a champ and we are crushed. We miss him and
> love him and hey, at least he can see what we look like now, since his
> sight was thankfully restored at the bridge!!! :)

Well now, see that is a positive thing--if he could have seen you while he
was here he might have said "EEK" and run away. ;)

Give Tim a hug, and be good to yourself. How is Luna?

crickeh-re-hawd
August 30th 06, 01:27 AM
sorry for top posting, im bushed at the moment

don't you have another cat, sure you do
how is your other cat so far... I'm sure you share in her loss too...

cybercat can write beautiful poems, I wish she would post one
if she did, I would try to wrap some chords around it...

Kitkat wrote:
> Thank you all. I showed all of your messages to my husband as well and
> he appreciates it just as much. It's a funny little community of cat
> lovers we have here, but hey, it works. I depended on this group for
> advice and support for almost the entire time we had Dudley.
>
> We brought him to the vet today so he could be taken to the crematory.
> We chose a special urn for his ashes and kissed him goodbye.
>
> Then, I went to work and finished out my day (only missed one of my 6
> classes) and somehow, the zany kids I teach managed to make me feel
> somewhat better. :)
>
> Of course, when I got home, I fell to pieces. Tim had already cleaned up
> the room and even took the rug out since he had peed on it a number of
> times last night. (Last nite was the first time he EVER didn't use the
> litter box...and he even tried to get there...we saw him try!!)
>
> Dudley was a fighter and a champ and we are crushed. We miss him and
> love him and hey, at least he can see what we look like now, since his
> sight was thankfully restored at the bridge!!! :)
>
> I have this magnet I bought a while ago..it is a seal point just like
> dudley...with wings and a halo...and underneath it says "Angels are
> watching over me!" And now it's really true!

Cheryl
August 30th 06, 02:39 AM
On Tue 29 Aug 2006 08:26:29a, Kitkat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. net):

> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed
> kitty gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last
> night Tim and I made "the decision" and were getting up this
> morning to take him in. I guess we were pretty right on with
> when it was "time" and though my heart is pretty much crumbled
> into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

Pam, I'm sorry to read that Jasper lost his battle. :( Many purrs for
his journey to the bridge. Hold Luna tight and give her all the love
you have running over for Jasper, and we're sending hope that you'll
pull each other through the hard times.

--
Cheryl

Rhonda
August 30th 06, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear the news, Pam. I was hoping for a miracle. I guess
even miracle cats like Dudley have to leave us.

He sounded like a special boy, Pam. I'm glad he found you. I'm sure he
added a lot to your lives.

When you feel better, I'd love to hear all about him. Maybe you could
post his story. I've been off and on the group and I'd love to hear how
he came to you and how special he was.

Take care,

Rhonda

Kitkat wrote:
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty
> gods for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and
> I made "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I
> guess we were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my
> heart is pretty much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved
> that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

Kitkat
August 30th 06, 03:51 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> om...
>

>>Of course, when I got home, I fell to pieces. Tim had already cleaned up
>>the room and even took the rug out since he had peed on it a number of
>>times last night. (Last nite was the first time he EVER didn't use the
>>litter box...and he even tried to get there...we saw him try!!)
>

> What a good, polite boy. This just makes me want to cry all over again.
> He was a good sweet soul.
>
>>Dudley was a fighter and a champ and we are crushed. We miss him and
>>love him and hey, at least he can see what we look like now, since his
>>sight was thankfully restored at the bridge!!! :)
>>

> Well now, see that is a positive thing--if he could have seen you while he
> was here he might have said "EEK" and run away. ;)
>
> Give Tim a hug, and be good to yourself. How is Luna?

Ahhh my LunaLove.
She never cared much for Duds. So I don't think she will be really
depressed...though you never really know. I can tell she senses things
are different. She probably expects him to pop up at any time. I'm not
sure she'll care that he wont. She is really the type of cat that should
be the only cat...so all things considered she tolerated him pretty well.

I am so glad we have her though. She's a pill...but I adore her. I will
be smothering her as much as she'll allow.

Kitkat
August 30th 06, 03:57 AM
Rhonda wrote:
> I'm sorry to hear the news, Pam. I was hoping for a miracle. I guess
> even miracle cats like Dudley have to leave us.

"even miracle cats have to leave us"...soooo true.
I hoped for the miracle but im happy for what we had with him.

> He sounded like a special boy, Pam. I'm glad he found you. I'm sure he
> added a lot to your lives.

He was quite a character. He added more to our lives than some people I
know and love. ;)

> When you feel better, I'd love to hear all about him. Maybe you could
> post his story. I've been off and on the group and I'd love to hear how
> he came to you and how special he was.

I will definitely do that...I know I posted it a while back but he
deserves having his little story retold. :)

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/animals/

you can see pix of luna and dudley in this album.

:)

blkcatgal
August 30th 06, 04:38 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Dudley. You have my heartfelt condolences.
Sue

"Kitkat" > wrote in message
et...
> Jasper Dudley passed in his sleep last night. Thank the blessed kitty gods
> for taking him in a relatively peaceful manner. Last night Tim and I made
> "the decision" and were getting up this morning to take him in. I guess we
> were pretty right on with when it was "time" and though my heart is pretty
> much crumbled into a jillion pieces, I am so relieved that he is at peace.
>
> Pam

cybercat
August 30th 06, 05:01 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote > I will definitely do that...I know
I posted it a while back but he
> deserves having his little story retold. :)
>
> http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/animals/

He's just so beautiful!! What a treasure you have lost. I'm so sorry, Pam.

Rhonda
August 30th 06, 05:52 AM
Kitkat wrote:
> I will definitely do that...I know I posted it a while back but he
> deserves having his little story retold. :)
>
> http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/animals/
>
> you can see pix of luna and dudley in this album.
>
> :)

Awww, he was a cutie. I loved that picture in the laundry basket! And
the picture of Luna batting him on the head with a wild animal snarl on
her face just cracked me up.

Can't wait to read his story!

Rhonda