PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it has been a year since the disasters

Matthew
August 29th 06, 08:00 PM
still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
left behind and lost
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You might have made the journey alone but you will never be forgotten.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET

crickeh-re-hawd
August 29th 06, 09:52 PM
it seems like a year to me, what I can't believe is that 911 is 6 years
ago
that is scary

are you going to leave florida?

did you get airtight containers for your pets?

how will they breathe Matt, I mean it could happen that you use them
you get penned under an object and they have no air

if you're going to stay, maybe you could setup a live cam, ill send you
a nice media encoder, it works really good.

Matthew wrote:
> still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
> left behind and lost
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> You might have made the journey alone but you will never be forgotten.
> WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Matthew
August 29th 06, 10:21 PM
"crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> it seems like a year to me, what I can't believe is that 911 is 6 years
> ago
> that is scary

Actually 5 years barry 9/11/2001 close enough though that is enough of a
scary thought

> are you going to leave florida?

Nope staying put I got storm shutters and enough supplies to last a few
years

No need to evacute I am inland In between Orlando and Daytona Beach about 25
miles we are going to get some heavy winds between 45 and 65 mph gust maybe
some local flooding not going to leave for that got to be a lot worse. If
anything happens we can live in one of stores or the kids house.

> did you get airtight containers for your pets?

nope but got life jackets for all and a inflatable rescue raft just in case
plus plenty of rescue equipment and supplies

> how will they breathe Matt, I mean it could happen that you use them
> you get penned under an object and they have no air
>

> if you're going to stay, maybe you could setup a live cam, ill send you
> a nice media encoder, it works really good.

What so you all can watch a pair of old folks got at it on live feed or when
the family plays gin rummy ;)

> Matthew wrote:
>> still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
>> left behind and lost
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> You might have made the journey alone but you will never be forgotten.
>> WE WILL NEVER FORGET

crickeh-re-hawd
August 30th 06, 01:23 AM
right, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye (if need be)
i haven't read this yet...

little richard is on fox right now

woooooooo

Matthew wrote:
> "crickeh-re-hawd" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > it seems like a year to me, what I can't believe is that 911 is 6 years
> > ago
> > that is scary
>
> Actually 5 years barry 9/11/2001 close enough though that is enough of a
> scary thought
> >
> > are you going to leave florida?
>
> Nope staying put I got storm shutters and enough supplies to last a few
> years
>
> No need to evacute I am inland In between Orlando and Daytona Beach about 25
> miles we are going to get some heavy winds between 45 and 65 mph gust maybe
> some local flooding not going to leave for that got to be a lot worse. If
> anything happens we can live in one of stores or the kids house.
>

> > did you get airtight containers for your pets?
>
> nope but got life jackets for all and a inflatable rescue raft just in case
> plus plenty of rescue equipment and supplies
>

> > how will they breathe Matt, I mean it could happen that you use them
> > you get penned under an object and they have no air
> >

> > if you're going to stay, maybe you could setup a live cam, ill send you
> > a nice media encoder, it works really good.
> >

> What so you all can watch a pair of old folks got at it on live feed or when
> the family plays gin rummy ;)
>

> > Matthew wrote:
> >> still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
> >> left behind and lost

Cheryl
August 30th 06, 02:43 AM
On Tue 29 Aug 2006 08:23:36p, crickeh-re-hawd wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:1156897416.033347.106320
@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com):

> right, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye (if need be)
> i haven't read this yet...
>
> little richard is on fox right now
>
> woooooooo

This show's a trip! What about Peter Frampton? When I think of Peter
Frampton, I think about the movie he was in, what was it, the 70s?
80s? With the BeeGee's? Long blonde curly hair. Can't think of the
name. Marie Osmond is trying too hard to act like Paula Abdul. Yeesh.

--
Cheryl

crickeh-re-hawd
August 30th 06, 09:31 AM
Cheryl wrote:

> This show's a trip! What about Peter Frampton? When I think of Peter
> Frampton, I think about the movie he was in, what was it, the 70s?
> 80s? With the BeeGee's? Long blonde curly hair. Can't think of the
> name. Marie Osmond is trying too hard to act like Paula Abdul. Yeesh.

mhmmm, do you feel like I do (I think...)..

was a sight indeed

Marie Osmond should not be a critic
because she can't sing, not real good anyway

laa laaa laa la la la la

little richard looks awful

that nasty arangment of hair on his head
he should lose about 40 lbs and shave his head..
he looks uncomfortable, like his pants are cutting him in two

woooooooooooooooo

Cheryl
September 1st 06, 02:35 AM
On Wed 30 Aug 2006 04:31:53a, crickeh-re-hawd wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> This show's a trip! What about Peter Frampton? When I think of
>> Peter Frampton, I think about the movie he was in, what was it,
>> the 70s? 80s? With the BeeGee's? Long blonde curly hair. Can't
>> think of the name. Marie Osmond is trying too hard to act like
>> Paula Abdul. Yeesh.
>
> mhmmm, do you feel like I do (I think...)..

lol I remembered the movie. I can't believe I forgot it, because I
LOVED it. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. Every song in that
movie, even as done by the BeeGees was fantastic. How could you
not love this lineup? Now I have to go find the DVD! I still smile
at the image of Billy Preston morphing from the rooftop statue and
floating to the ground after Strawberry dies, and sings "Get back.
Get back to where you once belonged".

Disc: 1
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My
Friends - The Bees, Paul Nicholas/Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees
2. Here Comes The Sun - Sandy Farina
3. Getting Better - Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees
4. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - Dianne Steinberg, Stargard
5. I Want You (She's So Heavy) - The Bee Gees, Diane Steinberg,
Paul Nicholas, Donald Pleasence, Stargard
6. Good Morning, Good Morning - Paul Nicholas, Peter Frampton, The
Bee Gees
7. She's Leaving Home - The Bee Gees, Jay MacIntosh, John Wheeler
8. You Never Give Me Your Money - Paul Nichols, Diane Steinberg
9. Oh! Darling - Robin Gibb
10. Maxwell's Silver Hammer - Steve Martin & Chorus
11. Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window/Nowhere
Man/Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club.. - The Bee Gees/Peter
Frampton, The Bee Gees/The Bee Gees/Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees

Disc: 2
1. Got To Get You Into My Life - Earth, Wind & Fire
2. Strawberry Fields Forever - Sandy Farina
3. When I'm Sixty-Four - Frankie Howerd, Sandy Farina
4. Mean Mr. Mustard - Frankie Howerd
5. Fixing A Hole - George Burns
6. Because - Alice Cooper, The Bee Gees
7. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight - Peter Frampton/The Bee Gees
8. Come Together - Aerosmith
9. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite - Maurice Gibb, Peter
Frampton, George Burns, The Bee Gees
10. The Long And Winding Road - Peter Frampton
11. A Day In The Life - Barry Gibb, The Bee Gees
12. Get Back - Billy Preston
13. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Finale) - The Cast

> that nasty arangment of hair on his head
> he should lose about 40 lbs and shave his head..
> he looks uncomfortable, like his pants are cutting him in two
>
> woooooooooooooooo

LOL. Awww .. he's just getting up there in years.

--
Cheryl

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 05:15 AM
Cheryl wrote:

> Billy Preston morphing from the rooftop statue and
> floating to the ground after Strawberry dies, and sings "Get back.
> Get back to where you once belonged".

lol, puts chills on me, i bet it's pretty good

> Disc: 1

> Disc: 2 ..

yes, thats a must have line up, my little music buffet subscription
doesn't have this...
there's some explicit version called "a halo called phred".. not the
same content
:(
i can prolly rent it

<flames little richard>
> LOL. Awww .. he's just getting up there in years.
> Cheryl

I always watch him if he's on, or play his tunes when I see them

IBen Getiner
September 1st 06, 01:07 PM
Matthew wrote:
> still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
> left behind and lost
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> You might have made the journey alone but you will never be forgotten.
> WE WILL NEVER FORGET

WHAT are you talking about...?

IBen

IBen Getiner
September 1st 06, 01:18 PM
crickeh-re-hawd wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
> > This show's a trip! What about Peter Frampton? When I think of Peter
> > Frampton, I think about the movie he was in, what was it, the 70s?
> > 80s? With the BeeGee's? Long blonde curly hair. Can't think of the
> > name. Marie Osmond is trying too hard to act like Paula Abdul. Yeesh.
>
> mhmmm, do you feel like I do (I think...)..
>
> was a sight indeed

Yeah, so Peter lost all his hair.... So the hell what...? He's still a
dynamite guitar player. We saw him last year and it was still standing
room only. These things generally happen to a man as he gets older.
Just accept it and things won't appear as such a shock to you.

> Marie Osmond should not be a critic
> because she can't sing, not real good anyway

Agreed

> laa laaa laa la la la la

All this from the mind of a child. I can tell already.

> little richard looks awful

The man is over 70 years old. What do you expect?

> that nasty arangment of hair on his head

That's his look. That's always been his look. So crucify him for it.
Put on some of his tunes and you might gain a little more respect for
the guy, since he's about 1,000 times more passionate about his music
than you obviously ever were.

IBen Getiner

Ollie via CatKB.com
September 1st 06, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you're in Deltona like me. Having done both I'd rather go
through a hurricane (inland, in a cinder block house with a good roof, and no
trees around) than a bad snow storm. Although 3 in one year was a little
much.

Matthew wrote:
>> it seems like a year to me, what I can't believe is that 911 is 6 years
>> ago
>> that is scary
>
>Actually 5 years barry 9/11/2001 close enough though that is enough of a
>scary thought
>
>> are you going to leave florida?
>
>Nope staying put I got storm shutters and enough supplies to last a few
>years
>
>No need to evacute I am inland In between Orlando and Daytona Beach about 25
>miles we are going to get some heavy winds between 45 and 65 mph gust maybe
>some local flooding not going to leave for that got to be a lot worse. If
>anything happens we can live in one of stores or the kids house.
>
>> did you get airtight containers for your pets?
>
>nope but got life jackets for all and a inflatable rescue raft just in case
>plus plenty of rescue equipment and supplies
>
>> how will they breathe Matt, I mean it could happen that you use them
>> you get penned under an object and they have no air
>
>> if you're going to stay, maybe you could setup a live cam, ill send you
>> a nice media encoder, it works really good.
>
>What so you all can watch a pair of old folks got at it on live feed or when
>the family plays gin rummy ;)
>
>>> still can't believe it has been a year. A moment of silence for those
>>> left behind and lost
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>> You might have made the journey alone but you will never be forgotten.
>>> WE WILL NEVER FORGET

September 1st 06, 02:21 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:

> Yeah, so Peter lost all his hair.... So the hell what...? He's still a
> dynamite guitar player. We saw him last year and it was still standing
> room only. These things generally happen to a man as he gets older.
> Just accept it and things won't appear as such a shock to you.

Minoxidil, Brother IBen.
Mebbe thatz why you never take off that pointy Klan hat?

--
----------

Mr. J Yöung

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 02:39 PM
IBen Getiner wrote:

> Yeah, so Peter lost all his hair.... So the hell what...? He's still a
> dynamite guitar player. We saw him last year and it was still standing
> room only. These things generally happen to a man as he gets older.
> Just accept it and things won't appear as such a shock to you.

i didn't mean it as a slam, but thanks for the heads up, it's scary
really
you see people getting old right before your eyes, just life I guess
I always think I look the same, it's delusional at best.

> > Marie Osmond should not be a critic
> > because she can't sing, not real good anyway
>
> Agreed

lil slut

> > laa laaa laa la la la la
>
> All this from the mind of a child. I can tell already.
>

> > little richard looks awful
>
> The man is over 70 years old. What do you expect?

a litte self control maybe? well.. i shouldnt be so blunt, maybe he's
on medication
his contributions to the world stand alone

> > that nasty arangment of hair on his head
>
> That's his look. That's always been his look. So crucify him for it.
> Put on some of his tunes and you might gain a little more respect for
> the guy, since he's about 1,000 times more passionate about his music
> than you obviously ever were.

oh hell! I discovered little richard

yesterday I stole two candy bars, today I stole one... that's
progression

im the one who tipped everyone off that little richard was on the tube!
I wouldn't have missed it for nothing!

you might be right about the passion though... Im working on that

ftr: *shaking my head, my hair looks just like framptons, color shape
and all..
I can't believe I just told that

cats are spinning around the house madly.
romping here and romping there
tip-toeing, ambushing me, spooking me
spooking one another
they are having a blast

if you want your cat to come and nuzzle you to death, just back off on
the food one time. here they come.. they melt your heart, then you
say.. poor kitty, you must be hungry.. here.. have some tasty food.
they got it all worked out.