PDA

View Full Version : Kitten looks like he aint grown

Magz
August 29th 06, 11:57 PM
My 11 week old kitten Di'Anno looks like he aint growing or putting on weight.
He eats 1 can of food a day,and has been wormed before i got him,which was 3-
4 weeks ago.
I dont notice whether he is growing or not as im around him all the time,but
friends say that he aint putting on weight.He is very active (As my partner
found out one night!!).
Just wondering if its anything to worry about?

John Ross Mc Master
August 30th 06, 12:13 AM
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:57:07 GMT, "Magz" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My 11 week old kitten Di'Anno looks like he aint growing or putting on weight.
>He eats 1 can of food a day,and has been wormed before i got him,which was 3-
>4 weeks ago.
>I dont notice whether he is growing or not as im around him all the time,but
>friends say that he aint putting on weight.He is very active (As my partner
>found out one night!!).
>Just wondering if its anything to worry about?

You can't go by memory. You need facts.

If you are not short of $, take him to a vet. Let the vet decide if
he's OK.

If you're broke, take him to the vet to weigh him. This is usually
free. Then wait and take him a few days later. He should have gained
weight. If he hasn't gained weight, he has something wrong with him.

Judy
August 30th 06, 03:56 AM
"Magz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> My 11 week old kitten Di'Anno looks like he aint growing or putting on
> weight.
> He eats 1 can of food a day,and has been wormed before i got him,which was
> 3-
> 4 weeks ago.
> I dont notice whether he is growing or not as im around him all the
> time,but
> friends say that he aint putting on weight.He is very active (As my
> partner
> found out one night!!).
> Just wondering if its anything to worry about?

What size of can are is being offered? If you're feeding one 5 oz can, this
may not be enough.

For kittens to grow properly and put on weight, they need just about all the
food they can consume. :c)

When my cats were kittens they were eating up to 4 3.5ozs of canned each,
along with some dry food to snack on over night.

Just a thought.

Magz via CatKB.com
August 30th 06, 11:37 AM
The bigger cans he is on.

Judy wrote:
>> My 11 week old kitten Di'Anno looks like he aint growing or putting on
>> weight.
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> found out one night!!).
>> Just wondering if its anything to worry about?
>
>What size of can are is being offered? If you're feeding one 5 oz can, this
>may not be enough.
>
>For kittens to grow properly and put on weight, they need just about all the
>food they can consume. :c)
>
>When my cats were kittens they were eating up to 4 3.5ozs of canned each,
>along with some dry food to snack on over night.
>
>Just a thought.

Judy
August 31st 06, 04:19 AM
Then I would try offering him more.