PDA

View Full Version : Change of habit

desgnr
August 30th 06, 01:52 PM
When i first got my kitten @ 9 weeks old she would sit on my lap all the
time.
Now she is about 7 months old & spayed.
She will not sit on my lap anymore,But everytime i go down to the family
room & get on the computer she jumps on my lap & goes to sleep.
Why will she do it there but not when i'm on the sofa?

cybercat
August 30th 06, 03:09 PM
"desgnr" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When i first got my kitten @ 9 weeks old she would sit on my lap all the
> time.
> Now she is about 7 months old & spayed.
> She will not sit on my lap anymore,But everytime i go down to the family
> room & get on the computer she jumps on my lap & goes to sleep.
> Why will she do it there but not when i'm on the sofa?

Because she's a cat! ;) One of the more interesting things about them
is how they change "hangout" places and times, even though they are
really creatures of habit about so many things. They are also very clever.
For example, she may have learned that when you are on the computer
you will not mess with her so she can just lay there and enjoy being near
you, but not really handled. Some cats want to be near but not messed
with. Play dirty! Keep a bag of "Temptations" or other kitty snacks
near the couch!

m4816k
August 30th 06, 03:32 PM
"desgnr" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When i first got my kitten @ 9 weeks old she would sit on my lap all the
> time.
> Now she is about 7 months old & spayed.
> She will not sit on my lap anymore,But everytime i go down to the family
> room & get on the computer she jumps on my lap & goes to sleep.
> Why will she do it there but not when i'm on the sofa?

The diference in maturity and development between a 2 month old and a 7
month old cat is about the equivalent to that between a 2 year old and a 7
year old child, so it's only natural to witness changes in behaviour. At the
moment I have my fourth cat (one of which was a grown-up stray that came and
left a few months later by himself) and I'm still amazed by these changes.
You cannot really expect anything for sure with them - sometimes I find my
sleeping on a shelf, sometimes in his box, sometimes on my shoes...and I
better not start talking about playtime. I guess it's just one of those
things that make them special. Enjoy it!

Lesley
August 30th 06, 03:38 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Because she's a cat! ;) One of the more interesting things about them
> is how they change "hangout" places and times, even though they are
> really creatures of habit about so many things.

I think they like occasional changes for the Hell of it. One of my
cats, Sarrasine, "forgets" a toy sometimes for a few months. It gets
pushed to one side and ignored and then suddenly she "finds" it again
and gets really excited like it's a new toy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs