PDA

View Full Version : No DSL

MaryL
September 1st 06, 03:57 AM
"Barb" > wrote in message
erio.net...
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Have you looked into cable? It is so much faster than dial-up that I find
it difficult to work on computers for friends who have dial-up.

MaryL

Cheryl
September 1st 06, 04:08 AM
On Thu 31 Aug 2006 11:36:17p, Barb wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
. verio.net):

> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken
> appointment dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting
> Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.

Verizon did that to me, too. I got so fed up with Comcast cable
(went down frequently, techs seemed clueless when it did, and two
times I can count the cable was disconnected at the pole because
they connected someone else, disconnected me). Verizon was
advertizing DSL here, and I answered their call. They sent me a DSL
modem with the CD for the software, but when I tried to connect on
the date they told me it would be activated, it didn't work. I
called them, they said my order was cancelled. WTF? So the CSR on
the phone re-ordered my service, I waited 10 more days, same
result. Order cancelled. It turned out that I was too far from
the CO, so the technical dept cancelled my order, but kept failing
to tell me about it. I figure they have an automated process that
scans for new orders and auto-cancels those where the residence is
too far from the CO. The CSRs sure didn't know why my order kept
getting cancelled.

--
Cheryl

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:36 AM
Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

Hope they have this news group.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 04:41 AM
Barb wrote:
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

I'm sorry Barb, what happened? did dude install your ethernet card?

optimum online? that must be a dailup situation

well, you are welcome to email me if you would like to call me...
I've helped many people with a phone call. i am extremely patient...
I know windows 98 very well.

I look at it like this..

YES customer service is important, and I realize you are needing their
help just now
but if they can deliver the goods (high speed net that stays on)...
then that's what counts. imo

I had an excellent experience with their product, but I had an awful
experience with their underpaid techies..

if you can still use their dsl service, drop me a line, ill get you on
NO CHARGE

September 1st 06, 04:43 AM
In article . net>,
says...
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Ok - here's how to get them to install it. The problem is that the folks
who sell DSL haven't got good data to begin with and they don't want to
pursue a sale.

Call Verizon repair and ask them to run an MLT test on your lines and
record the distance from our premises to the central office in your
customer record. Explain you are doing this to get DSL installed.

Then wait a day or two and call the Verizon DSL folks. Sure enough, if
you're within distance it'll work.

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 05:32 AM
T wrote:

> Then wait a day or two and call the Verizon DSL folks. Sure enough, if
> you're within distance it'll work.

when I signed up with verizon, they told me I can't be more than 22,000
feet from the source.

if she hasn't already, I would reccomend running a straight un-filtered
phone line to the dsl modem... (remove all splitters and filters)
before I plugged the phone line into the modem I would get a handset
phone and confirm a dailtone.

that's the first step.. is she getting an un-filtered dial tone to the
dsl modem
if not.. it's not going to work.

Anonymous
September 1st 06, 07:02 AM
Barb wrote:
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken
appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

I'm sorry Barb, what happened? did dude install your ethernet card?

optimum online? that must be a dailup situation

well, you are welcome to email me if you would like to call me...
I've helped many people with a phone call. i am extremely patient...
I know windows 98 very well.

I look at it like this..

YES customer service is important, and I realize you are needing their
help just now
but if they can deliver the goods (high speed net that stays on)...
then that's what counts. imo

I had an excellent experience with their product, but I had an awful
experience with their underpaid techies..

if you can still use their dsl service, drop me a line, ill get you on
NO CHARGE
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Anonymous
September 1st 06, 07:02 AM

Barb wrote:
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken
appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!

I'm sorry Barb, what happened? did dude install your ethernet card?

optimum online? that must be a dailup situation

well, you are welcome to email me if you would like to call me...
I've helped many people with a phone call. i am extremely patient...
I know windows 98 very well.

I look at it like this..

YES customer service is important, and I realize you are needing their
help just now
but if they can deliver the goods (high speed net that stays on)...
then that's what counts. imo

I had an excellent experience with their product, but I had an awful
experience with their underpaid techies..

if you can still use their dsl service, drop me a line, ill get you on
NO CHARGE
Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Elizabeth Blake
September 1st 06, 07:25 AM
"Barb" > wrote in message
erio.net...
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.

I just switched from dialup to Optimum/Cablevision. I got the 3 service
deal - cable, internet and phone. Obviously, since I'm posting here they
*do* carry this newsgroup!

--
Liz

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 02:48 PM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:

> I just switched from dialup to Optimum/Cablevision. I got the 3 service
> deal - cable, internet and phone. Obviously, since I'm posting here they
> *do* carry this newsgroup!

this group is high up on the usenet totem pole, I would think any
decent news server will propogate this group

A friend of mine was telling me about the "3 for 99" deal (richmond va)

how much does your 3 run?

what region of the country are you in?

oh, I just read an article... the new patented technology is...
high speed internet through the power lines, the electric company

if you can plug in a lamp you can get high speed interenet
at the speed of abou 2.5 gb per second...

several dark horse companies are working on pushing HDTV through the
power grid as well.

so, that's everything except wireless.

phone
movies
internet

all at veri competitive prices

sosessyithurts
September 1st 06, 02:59 PM
Anonymous wrote:

<snip mocking bird>

this is benedict n. corpuz doing this

if you google this posters profile you will find the same common
threads as all his other known and self confessed addys

they are

1. he is obsessed with bigbadbarrys bigblackstuff
2. he is passionate in his persecution towards christians

the pattern is.. random shocking flames towards an extremely
un-expecting religous poster/post especially if the poster appears to
be passionate about God. He never did this till I posted a few in the
prophecy group :p THUS common thread number 2 should say.. see common
thread number 1

Benedict N. Corpuz

Domain: BENEDICTCORPUZ.COM

Registrant
Benedict N. Corpuz

122 E. Shilling Ave
Lathrop, CA 95330 US
+1.2099380982
(FAX)

Administrative
Benedict Corpuz
Benedict N. Corpuz

122 E. Shilling Ave
Lathrop, CA 95330 US
+1.2099829380
(FAX)

Billing
Benedict Corpuz
Benedict N. Corpuz

122 E. Shilling Ave
Lathrop, CA 95330 US
+1.2099829380
(FAX)

Technical
Benedict Corpuz
Benedict N. Corpuz

122 E. Shilling Ave
Lathrop, CA 95330 US
+1.2099829380
(FAX)

a real fan of little big eyed cartoon girls

Benny, just tell yourself.. they are not real little girls just because
they are cartoons and you can continue being a pervert and a freak! you
are going to land in a federal prison for harrassment and you WILL
become someone's little bitch.

AND THEN! YOU CAN SAY... AT LAST I HAVE A PAPPA

that's what this is all about, you're looking for your daddy

TELL ME IM LYING

cybercat
September 1st 06, 03:37 PM
"Barb" > wrote in message
erio.net...
> Optimum Online is cable.

You are going to love it. DSL sucks compared to cable.

Spot
September 1st 06, 04:04 PM
Why do they have to come hook the DSL up. When I got mine from Verizon
they sent me the box with the modem, filters & instructions on how to plug
it into my phone line.

Celeste

"Barb" > wrote in message
erio.net...
> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:22 PM
Optimum Online is cable.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:24 PM
Thanks a lot for offer of help. But I disconnected all the DSL equipment
and right now am glad to be back with dial up for a week.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:26 PM
Yes, I filtered all lines except the modem's line. That was unfiltered.
Main problem, was 52% connected when I got disconnected. Other problem, a
technician who failed to show up yesterday afternoon.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:29 PM
Great. I want to stay in this news group. Am getting Optimum just for the
computer as I use a satellite for my TV.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
September 1st 06, 04:31 PM
Yes, Ethernet card was installed. I was actually on with DSL 52% when I was
again disconnected permanently. Optimum Online would have installed the
Ethernet for me. Live and learn.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Outsider
September 2nd 06, 04:18 AM
"Barb" > wrote in news:o1NJg.3958$lq.2791
@newsread1.mlpsca01.us.to.verio.net:

> Verizon sucks. After a week of no calls from them and broken appointment
> dial-up looks mighty good. Next week I am getting Optimum Online!
>
> Hope they have this news group.
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

I have optimum and I live in Suffolk and my connection is awe inspiring. I
have been an OOL customer since they first offered the service and it has
been great. I have my vonage phone connected to it so I trust the
connection enough for my phone service.

Andy

Barb
September 2nd 06, 07:24 PM
I am in NY. Since I use the satellite for TV all I need is internet
service.

Through the electric lines would be great.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
September 2nd 06, 07:27 PM
Celeste,

I had the geek Squad come because I needed an ethernet inserted in my
computer for the DSL. While here, the Geek said he'd hook up my DSL for me.
No big deal. But it didn't work. I fiddled around with it and had it on
for a short time and then it fizzled. That's why they were supposed to send
someone.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

barbara guzzino
September 7th 06, 10:50 PM
I'm back. Have Optimum Online, now. It takes getting used to! Glad I can
be back in this group!

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,