PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Vet in Baltimore, MD

Azara
September 1st 06, 09:53 PM
Anyone out there from Baltimore??

I have a 14 year old kitty was diagnosed with diabetes this summer--and
now it looks like he also has the beginning signs of kidney failure. I
am new to town and need a good, easy-to-talk-to vet who is a reasonable
drive from Baltimore City (I live toward the North end) and who is open
to owners who take an active part in the cat's care. (I monitor my
cat's blood glucose at home and am willing to do sub-cutaneous fluid,
if I need to, for the kidneys.)

I've gotten a few recommendations for the following places, so please
let me know if there is anything good or bad about them!:

The Cat Hospital at Towson
Paradise Animal Hospital
Eastern Animal Hospital

My cat suffers from PTVT (uh, Post-Traumatic-Vet-Trauma) so I have to
also take into consideration that the vet won't stress him out (gentle
with the animals, doesn't have an overly chaotic waiting room, etc.)

Any suggestions?

Snittens
September 2nd 06, 01:51 PM
"Azara" > wrote
> The Cat Hospital at Towson
> Paradise Animal Hospital
> Eastern Animal Hospital
>
> My cat suffers from PTVT (uh, Post-Traumatic-Vet-Trauma) so I have to
> also take into consideration that the vet won't stress him out (gentle
> with the animals, doesn't have an overly chaotic waiting room, etc.)
>
> Any suggestions?

I used to go to Eastern Animal Hospital years ago. I moved away from the
area, only reason we stopped going there. I really liked Dr. Ward, just
checked the website and she's still there. She was very gentle and caring.
I don't have personal experience with The Cat Hospital, but I've heard good
things.

Good luck!

-Kelly

Azara
September 3rd 06, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Kelly, for your response. I visited Eastern and liked their
facilities and staff. However, I have already made an appt. with
someone at Paradise since I at least had a direct recommendation for
someone there. (Eastern I just found on the web and visited and liked
it, but didn't know anyone personally who had gone there.)

Thanks also for recommending a specific vet. That's very valuable info
since good vets and not-so-good vets sometimes practice at the same
place. Who you see does matter!

Thanks again!

Azara

Snittens wrote:
> "Azara" > wrote
> > The Cat Hospital at Towson
> > Paradise Animal Hospital
> > Eastern Animal Hospital
> >
> > My cat suffers from PTVT (uh, Post-Traumatic-Vet-Trauma) so I have to
> > also take into consideration that the vet won't stress him out (gentle
> > with the animals, doesn't have an overly chaotic waiting room, etc.)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

> I used to go to Eastern Animal Hospital years ago. I moved away from the
> area, only reason we stopped going there. I really liked Dr. Ward, just
> checked the website and she's still there. She was very gentle and caring.
> I don't have personal experience with The Cat Hospital, but I've heard good
> things.
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Kelly

Paige
September 4th 06, 09:42 PM
Go to www.craigslist.org and click on the Baltimore section, look for
Pets and ask there. I needed a new vet in the Washington DC/Northern VA
area, and I received about 14 recommendations with their stories about
their pets. It was great.

Hope this helps.

Page