PDA

View Full Version : Re: What to do with a sick stray?

Matthew
September 2nd 06, 11:02 PM
"Sven-Olof Berg" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> once in a while a cat drops by for a visit, and meanwhile I suspect she
> doesn't have anyone to care for her.
>
> This is not only because she seems quite independent, but just today
> I noticed her belly looks pretty nasty, with red patches that look like
> sores or something. I took some pics as she slept on her back:
>
> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyTotal.jpg
> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyDetail.jpg
>
> I don't know how a healthy cat belly usually looks like, but I'm quite
> sure this is not how it's supposed to be. I thought about spraying it
> with skin desinfectant, but this might hurt and I don't think she will
> like that, and probably won't return after such an experience.
>
> Has anyone an idea what exactly is wrong with this animal, and what
> I should do to help her?
>
> TIA for any opinion
> Sven-Olof

Don't spray any human medication ( unless a vet tells you to ) due to the
cat will lick it off and could be posioned or sickened by it.
IMO it looks like ringworm or another dermatophytes

I believe a vet will have to prescribe something for it if it is not sure
on that plenty of others here have had to deal with it
http://www.lbah.com/feline/ringworm.htm
http://www.fanciers.com/cat-faqs/health-care.shtml

But it could be a allergy casuing it