PDA

View Full Version : Re: What to do with a sick stray?

-L.
September 3rd 06, 08:08 AM
Sven-Olof Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> once in a while a cat drops by for a visit, and meanwhile I suspect she
> doesn't have anyone to care for her.
>
> This is not only because she seems quite independent, but just today
> I noticed her belly looks pretty nasty, with red patches that look like
> sores or something. I took some pics as she slept on her back:
>
> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyTotal.jpg
> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyDetail.jpg
>
> I don't know how a healthy cat belly usually looks like, but I'm quite
> sure this is not how it's supposed to be. I thought about spraying it
> with skin desinfectant, but this might hurt and I don't think she will
> like that, and probably won't return after such an experience.
>
> Has anyone an idea what exactly is wrong with this animal, and what
> I should do to help her?
>
> TIA for any opinion
> Sven-Olof

Looks like a flea allergy to me. I'd get her spayed, minimally, and
dose her monthly with some Advantage.

-L.

The Polish-Kraut
September 3rd 06, 01:55 PM

>> once in a while a cat drops by for a visit, and meanwhile I suspect she
>> doesn't have anyone to care for her.
>>
>> This is not only because she seems quite independent, but just today
>> I noticed her belly looks pretty nasty, with red patches that look like
>> sores or something. I took some pics as she slept on her back:
>>
>> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyTotal.jpg
>> www.6TBO6N0Q52LK.webpage.t-com.de/CatbellyDetail.jpg
>>
>> I don't know how a healthy cat belly usually looks like, but I'm quite
>> sure this is not how it's supposed to be. I thought about spraying it
>> with skin desinfectant, but this might hurt and I don't think she will
>> like that, and probably won't return after such an experience.
>>
>> Has anyone an idea what exactly is wrong with this animal, and what
>> I should do to help her?
>>

>Looks like a flea allergy to me. I'd get her spayed, minimally, and
>dose her monthly with some Advantage.

Agreed with totaly. Take her to vet and get her taen care of. I
would see if I could find her a home then If she does "belong" to
someone evidently they are not taken care of her so I would not worry
about her having an "owner".

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/