PDA

View Full Version : Are These Symptoms An Emergency?

Paige
September 4th 06, 08:50 PM
One of my cat's sounds as if his nose is stuffed up, and he has a cold.
My vet is closed for the Labor Day Holiday. Should I bring him to the
emergency vet, or can this wait until tomorrow?

Page

Candace
September 4th 06, 10:58 PM
Paige wrote:
> One of my cat's sounds as if his nose is stuffed up, and he has a cold.
> My vet is closed for the Labor Day Holiday. Should I bring him to the
> emergency vet, or can this wait until tomorrow?
>
> Page

If he's lethargic and/or not eating and acting otherwise sickly, I
would do it today. It may cost more but sometimes time is of the
essence and it's best to not let it get out of hand.

Candace

Paige
September 5th 06, 01:25 AM
Candace wrote:
> Paige wrote:
> > One of my cat's sounds as if his nose is stuffed up, and he has a cold.
> > My vet is closed for the Labor Day Holiday. Should I bring him to the
> > emergency vet, or can this wait until tomorrow?
> >
> > Page
>
> If he's lethargic and/or not eating and acting otherwise sickly, I
> would do it today. It may cost more but sometimes time is of the
> essence and it's best to not let it get out of hand.
>
> Candace

His appetite hasn't changed, he just doesn't seem himself.

Thanks Candace.

Page

Wendy
September 5th 06, 03:15 AM
"Paige" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Candace wrote:
>> Paige wrote:
>> > One of my cat's sounds as if his nose is stuffed up, and he has a cold.
>> > My vet is closed for the Labor Day Holiday. Should I bring him to the
>> > emergency vet, or can this wait until tomorrow?
>> >
>> > Page
>>
>> If he's lethargic and/or not eating and acting otherwise sickly, I
>> would do it today. It may cost more but sometimes time is of the
>> essence and it's best to not let it get out of hand.
>>
>> Candace
>
> His appetite hasn't changed, he just doesn't seem himself.
>
> Thanks Candace.
>
> Page

As long as he's still eating and is active it's not an emergency. I would
call your regular vet tomorrow and see if you can get him seen before he
stops eating. The problem is if he gets too congested he can't smell his
food. If he can't smell the food he won't eat it.

You may want to steam up a bathroom and put him in there to see if that
helps unstuff his nose.

Candace
September 6th 06, 04:23 AM
Paige wrote

> His appetite hasn't changed, he just doesn't seem himself.
>
> Thanks Candace.
>
> Page

How is the little guy today?

Candace

Cat Protector
September 7th 06, 04:33 AM
If he has discharge from his nose and eyes then he probably has an upper
respiratory infection. If the cat is sneezing or sounds as if they are
wheezing but seems normal then it could be the cat just sucked in some dust.
I remember when Isis sounded stuffy but was sneezing, I took her into the
vet he prescribed an antihistamine which cleared everything right up.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com