PDA

View Full Version : my cat is acting different

Boo33
September 5th 06, 03:24 PM
i just returned yesterday from being outta state at sons wedding..i have a 13
yo tabby named socks.
when i got home yesterday he barely came out.his meow was some deeper..
thinking he just may be scared for being here 4 days by himself....altho he
has been left just for short periods before.
he came to me a few times last nite..this morning he is laying in front of
his cat box. he acts as if he doesnt feel good..i picked him up holding him
and even tried to use the kitty wipe down cloth on him.. he was not
interested. he went back to the box area...i have put the soft food out for
him and noticed it hasnt been touched.
he had gotten just a little sick on the towel he was laying on.. nothing
much..really..
while holding him his breathing sounded some what stuffy..he doesnt purr if
he does not much at all..
we are now living in a different state and since we have be gone the weather
has changed to some what cooler..but socks is only an inside kitty..
any suggestions will be greatly appreaciated...
there is a vet clinic for cats only in our area... but not knowing any vets
here i dont know...i feel as if i need to take him now..
has anyones elses cat done or acted like this...

September 5th 06, 03:50 PM
Boo33 wrote:
> i just returned yesterday from being outta state at sons wedding..i have a 13
> yo tabby named socks.
> when i got home yesterday he barely came out.his meow was some deeper..
> thinking he just may be scared for being here 4 days by himself....altho he
> has been left just for short periods before.
> he came to me a few times last nite..this morning he is laying in front of
> his cat box. he acts as if he doesnt feel good..i picked him up holding him
> and even tried to use the kitty wipe down cloth on him.. he was not
> interested. he went back to the box area...i have put the soft food out for
> him and noticed it hasnt been touched.
> he had gotten just a little sick on the towel he was laying on.. nothing
> much..really..
> while holding him his breathing sounded some what stuffy..he doesnt purr if
> he does not much at all..
> we are now living in a different state and since we have be gone the weather
> has changed to some what cooler..but socks is only an inside kitty..
> any suggestions will be greatly appreaciated...
> there is a vet clinic for cats only in our area... but not knowing any vets
> here i dont know...i feel as if i need to take him now..
> has anyones elses cat done or acted like this...

Please take him to the vet immediately. Let us know how he makes out.

Boo33
September 5th 06, 03:57 PM
just called the vet and we are going at 1 as that is what they said tyvm..
and will let you know...