PDA

View Full Version : nice little cat quote

sosessyithurts
September 5th 06, 06:29 PM
"I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the
cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of
the girl you love, of course".
- quoted in Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher

--
http://www.twainquotes.com/Cats.html

It's a cool web page, there are also pictures of Marks cats

Another Quote (eat your heart Jerry)

"By what right has the dog come to be regarded as a "noble" animal? The
more brutal and cruel and unjust you are to him the more your fawning
and adoring slave he becomes; whereas, if you shamefully misuse a cat
once she will always maintain a dignified reserve toward you
afterward--you will never get her full confidence again".
- Mark Twain, a Biography

Chinese Water Torturer
September 5th 06, 06:47 PM
soparri****hurts wrote:
> "I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the
> cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of
> the girl you love, of course".
> - quoted in Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher
>
> --
> http://www.twainquotes.com/Cats.html
>
> It's a cool web page, there are also pictures of Marks cats
>
> Another Quote (eat your heart Jerry)
>
> "By what right has the dog come to be regarded as a "noble" animal? The
> more brutal and cruel and unjust you are to him the more your fawning
> and adoring slave he becomes; whereas, if you shamefully misuse a cat
> once she will always maintain a dignified reserve toward you
> afterward--you will never get her full confidence again".
> - Mark Twain, a Biography

Brought to you by the biggest pussy on Usenet.

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> "I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the
> cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of
> the girl you love, of course".
> - quoted in Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher
>
> --
> http://www.twainquotes.com/Cats.html

I love the pictures of the cats! I had no idea Samuel Clemmens
(I may have spelled his real name wrong ...) was a cat man!

I should have known.

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> "I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one.

P.S.--How is your Alpine Scratcher holding up? Are either of
the girls using it regularly enough that it needs a refill? I saw
some at a pretty good price ...

sosessyithurts
September 5th 06, 11:42 PM
cybercat wrote:
> P.S.--How is your Alpine Scratcher holding up? Are either of
> the girls using it regularly enough that it needs a refill? I saw
> some at a pretty good price ...

oh real nice, they've made really good use of it

Thanks for checking, but now i'm getting low on dry ice packed home
cooked meals
>:

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > P.S.--How is your Alpine Scratcher holding up? Are either of
> > the girls using it regularly enough that it needs a refill? I saw
> > some at a pretty good price ...
>
> oh real nice, they've made really good use of it
>
> Thanks for checking, but now i'm getting low on dry ice packed home
> cooked meals
> >:

spoiled much? ;)

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Thanks for checking, but now i'm getting low on dry ice packed home
> cooked meals
> >:

Hey, wait, I just caught that look.

:

You want ME to send you home cooked meals on dry ice?
Okay, What's your pleasure? And remember, I cook good
but not as good as Mama. (Probably *anybody's* mama.)

sosessyithurts
September 6th 06, 05:33 PM
cybercat wrote:

> You want ME to send you home cooked meals on dry ice?
> Okay, What's your pleasure? And remember, I cook good
> but not as good as Mama. (Probably *anybody's* mama.)

just send me some beluga caviar and ritz crackers, that should get me
through the weekend

AND as we all know, nobody rides for free, what do you want me to do
for you?

you want me to kick somebody's tail for something?

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> just send me some beluga caviar and ritz crackers, that should get me
> through the weekend

Hmm ... that's not much for a big boy to eat. Plus, I think you need to
sweet talk
a little fish to get that.

How about some Italian meat balls? You could get some provolone
and fresh sub rolls, you'd be set. It's my Mama's recipe so I know
they're good. Lots of parmesan cheese in them, and you form them
under a running faucet. No kidding, it keeps them tender.

> AND as we all know, nobody rides for free, what do you want me to do
> for you?
>
> you want me to kick somebody's tail for something?

Let's not even go there. I wouldn't know where to ask you to start.

sosessyithurts
September 6th 06, 09:32 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >

> > just send me some beluga caviar and ritz crackers, that should get me
> > through the weekend
>
> Hmm ... that's not much for a big boy to eat. Plus, I think you need to
> sweet talk
> a little fish to get that.

no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
most sought after caviar in the world

> How about some Italian meat balls? You could get some provolone
> and fresh sub rolls, you'd be set. It's my Mama's recipe so I know
> they're good. Lots of parmesan cheese in them, and you form them
> under a running faucet. No kidding, it keeps them tender.

I can't resist home made, home made food is the best food in the world

> > AND as we all know, nobody rides for free, what do you want me to do
> > for you?
> >
> > you want me to kick somebody's tail for something?
> >

> Let's not even go there. I wouldn't know where to ask you to start.

dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

cybercat
September 7th 06, 12:05 AM
"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > "sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >

> > > just send me some beluga caviar and ritz crackers, that should get me
> > > through the weekend
> >
> > Hmm ... that's not much for a big boy to eat. Plus, I think you need to
> > sweet talk
> > a little fish to get that.
>
> no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
> most sought after caviar in the world

Oh, man, I feel so stupid!

> > > AND as we all know, nobody rides for free, what do you want me to do
> > > for you?
> > >
> > > you want me to kick somebody's tail for something?
> > >

> > Let's not even go there. I wouldn't know where to ask you to start.
>
> dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

rec.pets.anecdotes

:

sosessyithurts
September 7th 06, 02:55 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Oh, man, I feel so stupid!

and you think I knew what it was? I had to google it bebe

> > dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility
>

> rec.pets.anecdotes

they've got some sort of itchy rash going on
it's all over their necks and arms
whatever it is, there's no antidote

Deeanna
September 7th 06, 03:47 PM
Hi Sosessy!
I like these quotes. Heck, I like ANY cool cat quotes from famous
folks. :) I'm sure there are many more by Mark Twain.

Winston Churchill was also a cat lover. I lived in England for a total
of 7.5 years and stupidly I never visited his house. He had ordered in
his will that a descendent of his favorite orange marmalade cat would
continue to live on his property until the end of time and to this day,
there is a resident marmalade cat who has the run of the place. I
believe there are several other resident cats as well. Below is a link
that tells a bit more of the story.

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/churchill.html

In my search, I found this link with loads of cat trivia, to include
quotes. I have not looked at them yet.
http://www.greatdreams.com/cats/cats2.htm

Just wanted to share with fellow cat lovers. I have seven furry babies
and if I had a bigger house I'd have more. :) My dream is to have a
large home with a few acres out in the country and rescue cats. My vet
bill would be expensive, but it would be worth it.

Enjoy!
Deeanna

sosessyithurts wrote:
> "I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the
> cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of
> the girl you love, of course".
> - quoted in Abroad with Mark Twain and Eugene Field, Fisher
>
> --
> http://www.twainquotes.com/Cats.html
>
> It's a cool web page, there are also pictures of Marks cats
>
> Another Quote (eat your heart Jerry)
>
> "By what right has the dog come to be regarded as a "noble" animal? The
> more brutal and cruel and unjust you are to him the more your fawning
> and adoring slave he becomes; whereas, if you shamefully misuse a cat
> once she will always maintain a dignified reserve toward you
> afterward--you will never get her full confidence again".
> - Mark Twain, a Biography

sosessyithurts
September 8th 06, 04:05 AM
Deeanna wrote:
> Hi Sosessy!
> I like these quotes. Heck, I like ANY cool cat quotes from famous
> folks. :) I'm sure there are many more by Mark Twain.

Oh sure

Twain was a genius, I also think he was a grand-stander, he loved the
limelight.
Anyone that would turn so many corners in one sentence had to love his
own words and be fond of attention.

> Winston Churchill was also a cat lover.
> http://www.flippyscatpage.com/churchill.html

! I should have known, behind every good man is a cat

> In my search, I found this link with loads of cat trivia, to include
> quotes. I have not looked at them yet.
> http://www.greatdreams.com/cats/cats2.htm

Thanks, will check them out

I love reading about good people.

It wasn't till abou the past 3-4 years that I myself have taken a real
shine to cats in particular.

I don't know that much about Churchill, what little I have caught,
honestly there seemed to be a boyish pouting with him, it was a winning
magnetic personality.

All because of cats! lol

The proof is the story you told, leaving his homestead to a cat? I love
it.
One could say... he just felt that passionate about animals, WC knew
that he would be remembered partly by his love and extravagence towards
animals.. one final contribution of good.

-L.
September 8th 06, 07:01 AM
sosessyithurts wrote:
> no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
> most sought after caviar in the world

No, Bar, hon, it comes from the Beluga sturgeon - not the Beluga whale
- and the Beluga sturgeon is endangered, thus importation of Beluga
caviar is illegal in the US.

The Beluga whale is a Cetacean, which means it's a mammal - and it
doesn't lay eggs externally like bony fish (Class: Osteichthyes) do.
Instead it gives live birth to (usually) a single calf. Just like you
Momma birthed you!

> dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility

You can thump on that Bible of yours.....

-L.

cybercat
September 8th 06, 07:13 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> sosessyithurts wrote:
> > no it come from a huge whale, it's the largest in size, and it's the
> > most sought after caviar in the world
>
> No, Bar, hon, it comes from the Beluga sturgeon - not the Beluga whale
> - and the Beluga sturgeon is endangered, thus importation of Beluga
> caviar is illegal in the US.
>
> The Beluga whale is a Cetacean, which means it's a mammal - and it
> doesn't lay eggs externally like bony fish (Class: Osteichthyes) do.
> Instead it gives live birth to (usually) a single calf.

Oh, man, I *knew* that!

-L.
September 8th 06, 07:33 AM
cybercat wrote:
> Oh, man, I *knew* that!

One of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life was a Beluga whale
popping it's head out of the water and singing "me-me-me-me-me!" to us
at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, as we stood by the tank. I *hate* that
people keep cetaceans in captivity and I no longer patronize such
places, but DAMN that was cute! Little thing looked human!

-L.

cybercat
September 8th 06, 07:50 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > Oh, man, I *knew* that!
>
> One of the cutest things I have ever seen in my life was a Beluga whale
> popping it's head out of the water and singing "me-me-me-me-me!" to us
> at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, as we stood by the tank. I *hate* that
> people keep cetaceans in captivity and I no longer patronize such
> places, but DAMN that was cute! Little thing looked human!

Awwww ... I have not been to an Aquarium in ages. I need to get
out more.

sosessyithurts
September 8th 06, 11:40 AM
-L. wrote:

> > dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility
>
> You can thump on that Bible of yours.....

FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.

BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF CHARITY
FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE REMINDER OF REAL FINE
THINGS

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> -L. wrote:
>

> > > dang, and what am I to do with all this pent up unmitigated hostility
> >
> > You can thump on that Bible of yours.....
>

> FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
> INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.
>
> BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF CHARITY
> FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE REMINDER OF REAL FINE
> THINGS

hahaha!

-L.
September 8th 06, 09:03 PM
sosessyithurts wrote:

> FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
> INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.
>
> BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF CHARITY
> FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE REMINDER OF REAL >FINE
> THINGS

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you
will know my name is the Lawd when I lay my vengeance upon you!

I don't be ticklin' or nothin'.

-L.

September 9th 06, 03:32 AM
In article om>,
says...

> Deeanna wrote:
> > Hi Sosessy!
> > I like these quotes. Heck, I like ANY cool cat quotes from famous
> > folks. :) I'm sure there are many more by Mark Twain.
>
> Oh sure
>
> Twain was a genius, I also think he was a grand-stander, he loved the
> limelight.
> Anyone that would turn so many corners in one sentence had to love his
> own words and be fond of attention.
>
> > Winston Churchill was also a cat lover.
> > http://www.flippyscatpage.com/churchill.html
>
> ! I should have known, behind every good man is a cat
>
> > In my search, I found this link with loads of cat trivia, to include
> > quotes. I have not looked at them yet.
> > http://www.greatdreams.com/cats/cats2.htm
>
> Thanks, will check them out
>
> I love reading about good people.
>
> It wasn't till abou the past 3-4 years that I myself have taken a real
> shine to cats in particular.
>
> I don't know that much about Churchill, what little I have caught,
> honestly there seemed to be a boyish pouting with him, it was a winning
> magnetic personality.
>
> All because of cats! lol
>
> The proof is the story you told, leaving his homestead to a cat? I love
> it.
> One could say... he just felt that passionate about animals, WC knew
> that he would be remembered partly by his love and extravagence towards
> animals.. one final contribution of good.

I've always loved animals in general. During my first 20 years had one
cat that didn't last long because it had a habit of sleeping on my dads
head.

Had a few dogs that I loved. All German Shepherds.

Didn't get my first cat until I was 25 and he's still with me today and
I'll be 42 in November. Since Randy there's been Emily who came along
with the SO in a roundabout way, and Cosimo who sadly only got 7 cat
years.

Lou B.
September 11th 06, 10:18 PM
Oh, god, this is so funny.

Little Ignorant Berry-Berry wrote:

>no it come from a huge whale, it's the
>largest in size, and it's the most sought
>after caviar in the world

It is so funny, little berry-berry, the way you spew your ignorance.
Keep it coming. Very entertaining.

- Lou

Lou B.
September 11th 06, 10:43 PM
Little Berry-Berry felt compelled to quote:

>FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS
>IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
>INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND
>THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.
>
>BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME
>RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF
>CHARITY FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS
>BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE
>REMINDER OF REAL FINE THINGS

OK, so you're a member of Triple-AAA. Very impressive. Book, Chapter and
verse, please. Oh yeah, also, why?

- Lou

meeee
September 11th 06, 11:20 PM
"Lou B." > wrote in message
> Little Berry-Berry felt compelled to quote:
>
>>FOR THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS
>>IS BESET ON AAALLL SIDES BY THE
>>INIQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND
>>THE TRYANNY OF EVIL MEN.
>>
>>BLESSED IS HE WHO SENDS ME
>>RARE CAVIAR IN THE NAME OF
>>CHARITY FOR THEY ARE TRULY THIS
>>BROTHERS KEEPER AND THE
>>REMINDER OF REAL FINE THINGS
>>

> OK, so you're a member of Triple-AAA. Very impressive. Book, Chapter and
> verse, please. Oh yeah, also, why?
>
> - Lou

Oh, wow Barry, looks like you have another fan...now it's going through the
archives. Are you hurt? Did it get to you? It's being as insulting as it's
miniscule intelligence can be...

Lou B.
September 12th 06, 12:10 AM
WILL BE IGNORED UNTIL THEY REFER TO ME BY MY NAME.

Matthew
September 12th 06, 12:26 AM
"Lou B." >

We can't hear you!
Are you saying something?
the laughter is to loud

meeee
September 12th 06, 01:05 AM
"Lou B." > wrote in message
> WILL BE IGNORED UNTIL THEY REFER TO ME BY MY NAME.

refer to who by their name?? Why are we supposed to refer to it by it's
name? Does it have a name? And for your information, yes, we are all
hideously deformed and our only social activity is laughing at weirdos on
usenet....oh, Moderator, am I allowed to say that?