PDA

View Full Version : 10 day lurker`s coming out - Hi to all from Bettina

Lightwell
September 7th 06, 01:56 PM
Hello there,

after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
world.
O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
affordable old farmhouses to have.
Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
as my english sometimes might be way off.<g>

kind regards

Bettina,
owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

"Lightwell" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello there,
>
> after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
> my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
> me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
> slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
> who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
> problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
> world.
> O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
> Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
> South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
> affordable old farmhouses to have.
> Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
> as my english sometimes might be way off.<g>
>

> kind regards
>
> Bettina,
> owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
> Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Welcome, Bettina! Wow, you have a lot of cats ... I look forward
to hearing about them. Is Zorolina a girl, or just a "Little Zorro?" :)
Don't worry about your English, it is better than that of many who
have spoken it all their lives ...your home sounds lovely. Like
many Americans I have never been to Germany east of Berlin.
I would love to hear about life there and to see pictures of your
cats and home.

Lightwell
September 7th 06, 11:35 PM
cybercat wrote:
> Welcome, Bettina! Wow, you have a lot of cats ... I look forward
> to hearing about them. Is Zorolina a girl, or just a "Little Zorro?" :)
> Don't worry about your English, it is better than that of many who
> have spoken it all their lives ...your home sounds lovely. Like
> many Americans I have never been to Germany east of Berlin.
> I would love to hear about life there and to see pictures of your
> cats and home.

Hi Cybercat,

thank you for your friendly welcome.

Now, as you asked for it, I will introduce my furry monsters to you.
You know - I knew that I loved my cats a lot, but after reading some
days
in rec.pets.anecdotes and rec.pets.healthandbehaviour, I came to know
that I really LOVE my cats. <g> Like you all do here.
OK, here the introduction begins, there is:

Moritz, the big black - son of gentle Benjamin (RIP) and wonderful
mother Luzie (RIP).
Moritz looks as if wearing a smoking. All black and a white chest. The
only cat I`ve never seen a spot of dirt on. He is a real gentleman and
the boss of the gang. Although a lot of other male cats visit our house

he always plays it cool and just ignores them. Very seldomly he decides

to throw one of them out, but when he decides to give the mean cat he
really looks and sounds frightening. WoW!

Lissinda, the bold black and white one - sister of Moritz.
Bold refers to her figure not her character. It took ages for her to
leave the safe place under the sofa. Now she is, despite her very round

appearance, a deadly night hunter and is stockpiling twice a week our
kitchen with mice.

Zorrolina, the one with the black mask - sister of Moritz.
I believed Zorro to be a male, hence the name. It is difficult to
determine a kittens gender.
My fault.<g> Zorro is a slim, sweet, cuddly black and white one.( I
think she is my favourite, but I don`t like to admit it. In the end all

are my favourite ones. I helped Luzie giving birth to Zorro, that might

have made a special bond.)

Felix, the big red - when I moved to the new village he used to live at

my neighbour (a 70 year old Lady with about 7 to 10 cats living in and
around her little house). One year after my arrival Felix got ill and
the old lady wouldn`t call the vet as that would have involved spending

money.
So I took him to the vet ( with her permission) and cared for him. He
then decided to move into my house.<g> He is a big, red and white
tabby. A friendly, quiet cuddler.

Hugo, the Nervous - found him three years ago some day in the bathroom,

behind my washing machine, together with his his sister Sina. Both
appr. 8 weeks old. The backdoor is open the whole summer, so they must
have sneaked in. Hugo is a lean, fast hunter, grey-white tabby. Spends
day and night outside, pursuing utmost urgent businesses. Deep at night

he drops in, empties the feeding bowl, catches a bit affection and
climbs the bookshelf to get some sleep. Very busy guy.

Luna, the little Cutie - she was presented to me one day last year in
the summer. At 6 o`clock in the morning someone was yelling my name on
top of his lungs through my bedroom-window. I sat upright in a matter
of nano-seconds, deeply shocked, staggered to the window expecting
WordWar III.
There, a neighbour was balancing on his bicycle, reaching up to me
something little I couldn`t make out at first (glasses still on bedside

table). I grabbed the little furry thing which worked out to be another

kitten <sigh><g>. He`d found it on his way to work beside her mother,
which had been murdered by another car-driver. Luna is a fine, little
grey and white cat who loves to walk all over me and put her whiskers
up my nose, and then having nailed me to the floor with both her
forepaws, loves to bite me tenderly in the tip of my nose. That gives
her great satisfaction.<bg>

Well, so much for the ones I consider to be mine.

There is more, as Mohrchen, Julius and Peter try to make our house
their home too.
I am thinking about it. Winter is nearing. We'll see how they adapt, as

at the moment they're spitting at each other every time they meet
accidentaly in my living-room. <sigh>.

You asked for it. A lot of text. Sorry.
As for the pictures - I didn`t put up a website with pictures of my
loved ones yet,
as there seemed to be no sense to it.<g>

But now, that I have found people who actually ask for pictures I will
do this website immediately. For - sure, I have lots of photos.<g>
In a week or so I might be ready. Its a lot of work.

Thanks again for your nice welcoming me.

bfn
Bettina

Paige
September 8th 06, 12:41 AM
Lightwell wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
> my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
> me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
> slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
> who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
> problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
> world.
> O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
> Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
> South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
> affordable old farmhouses to have.
> Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
> as my english sometimes might be way off.<g>
>

> kind regards
>
> Bettina,
> owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
> Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Hello Bettina,

Welcome to you and all your furbabies.

Page

Lightwell
September 8th 06, 01:54 AM
Hi Page,

thank you very much
It feel sso good to have found other cat lovers.

bye for now
Bettina

Kitkat
September 8th 06, 05:21 AM
Lightwell wrote:

> kind regards
>
> Bettina,
> owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
> Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Wilkommen!

I have a Luna too! :)

Cheers!
pam

Lightwell
September 8th 06, 04:42 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> Wilkommen!
>
> I have a Luna too! :)
> > Cheers!
> pam

Thank you!
My Luna is a grey-white tabby with lots of white.
She has wonderful silken hair which is a bit longer than ESH (european
shorthair)

bfn
Bettina

Kitkat
September 9th 06, 01:14 AM
Lightwell wrote:
> Kitkat wrote:
>
>>Wilkommen!
>>
>>I have a Luna too! :)
>>
>>>Cheers!
>>
>>pam
>

> Thank you!
> My Luna is a grey-white tabby with lots of white.
> She has wonderful silken hair which is a bit longer than ESH (european
> shorthair)
>
> bfn
> Bettina

My Luna is a tiny 6pound tortie-tabby mix. She has big green eyes and a
white chin. :) She's a brat. But I adore her so!

My normal picture site is not cooperating, but normally you can find
pictures of her here: www.fotki.com/kitkatluna
If you scroll down there is an ANIMALS album. She has her own folder of
course. You can also see pictures of my very recently deceased :(
Dudley. His folder is entitled "Jasper Dudley" and he is one handsome
creature. We miss him so much. But we got his ashes back today, so he is
back home with us, where he belongs.

pam

Lightwell
September 9th 06, 02:27 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> My Luna is a tiny 6pound tortie-tabby mix. She has big green eyes and a
> white chin. :) She's a brat. But I adore her so!
>
> My normal picture site is not cooperating, but normally you can find
> pictures of her here: www.fotki.com/kitkatluna
> If you scroll down there is an ANIMALS album. She has her own folder of
> course. You can also see pictures of my very recently deceased :(
> Dudley. His folder is entitled "Jasper Dudley" and he is one handsome
> creature. We miss him so much. But we got his ashes back today, so he is
> back home with us, where he belongs.
>
> pam

I looked at the pictures. Luna is beautiful! And looks like a real cat
who knows what she wants.<g>

I am so sorry for you. Dudley must have been a treasure.

I put up a picsite this night, have a look:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy
Bettina

Kitkat
September 9th 06, 02:55 PM
Lightwell wrote:

> I looked at the pictures. Luna is beautiful! And looks like a real cat
> who knows what she wants.<g>

Thanks!!! I think she is a beauty, too! And yes, you got her number
alright. She definitely has an attitude and knows what she wants. :)

> I am so sorry for you. Dudley must have been a treasure.

Yes. A treasure indeed. Have I mentioned how much we miss him? :)
Soon I'll try to get the emotional energy to repost his wonderful story.

> I put up a picsite this night, have a look:
> http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553914039PilIcy
> Bettina

I just looked at all of them! Gosh I love cats! Your Luna is adorable.
So are all the others. Including your niece and nephew.

I never was able to spot the cat in the last 2 pictures!!!! is there
really one there?

:)
Pam

"Lightwell" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Hi Cybercat,
>
> thank you for your friendly welcome.

Bettina, you are a fine addition to the group! I sometimes miss
posts for some reason--I did not see this one until today. So--
it I am late in responding, that will be why. I don't know if it
is my server, or me!

> Now, as you asked for it, I will introduce my furry monsters to you.
> You know - I knew that I loved my cats a lot, but after reading some
> days
> in rec.pets.anecdotes and rec.pets.healthandbehaviour, I came to know
> that I really LOVE my cats. <g> Like you all do here.

What I have been telling people lately, (including my new doctor,
as an explanation for why I have cats when I am allergic to them)
"I'm pretty eccentric, but I am REALLY eccentric about cats!"
I just think they are the most wonderful creatures.

> OK, here the introduction begins, there is:

[...]> Moritz looks as if wearing a smoking. All black and a white chest.
The
> only cat I`ve never seen a spot of dirt on. He is a real gentleman and
> the boss of the gang. Although a lot of other male cats visit our house

We call them "tuxedo cats!: And my little Boo is a tuxedo!Her bib
covers her chest and is snowy white and luxurious. She has four
white paws and a lopsided white "splat" on her nose! AND--a while
bikini. When she got fat and would lie on the floor on her back I
would look at her droopy tummy and tell her, "Bootie, your bikini
bottoms are falling down!" She has since lost weight on an all-canned
diet and is looking good!

> Lissinda, the bold black and white one - sister of Moritz.
> Bold refers to her figure not her character. It took ages for her to
> leave the safe place under the sofa. Now she is, despite her very round
>
> appearance, a deadly night hunter and is stockpiling twice a week our
> kitchen with mice.

Lissinda is a working cat! She's earning her keep!

> Zorrolina, the one with the black mask - sister of Moritz.
> I believed Zorro to be a male, hence the name. It is difficult to
> determine a kittens gender.
> My fault.<g> Zorro is a slim, sweet, cuddly black and white one.( I
> think she is my favourite, but I don`t like to admit it. In the end all
> are my favourite ones. I helped Luzie giving birth to Zorro, that might
> have made a special bond.)

Aww, that is sweet. I had a friend who adopted a skittish stray and
thinking it was a girl, named him Scarface, because of a battle scar.
Then she took him to the vet and found out he was a girl! So ... he
became "Scarlet!"

> Felix, the big red - when I moved to the new village he used to live at
>
> my neighbour (a 70 year old Lady with about 7 to 10 cats living in and
> around her little house). One year after my arrival Felix got ill and
> the old lady wouldn`t call the vet as that would have involved spending
> money.
> So I took him to the vet ( with her permission) and cared for him. He
> then decided to move into my house.<g> He is a big, red and white
> tabby. A friendly, quiet cuddler.

Bettina, that was really good of you. And you know I think they realize
when you are helping them, even when it scares them to go to the vet.
I had to take Boo for several vet visits and she howled piteously, I
honestly thought she might soil herself she was so scared. Then after
it was all over (we had an ultrasound to check her heart, which was
structurally fine, she just had an unsteady heart beat that made her have
fainting spells, we check it with beta blocker pills twice a day) she
clung to me as she never had. Followed me everywhere, had to be
where I was. About Orange boys--people say they are the most
loving of all. I really want one, Next rescue!

> Hugo, the Nervous - found him three years ago some day in the bathroom,
>
> behind my washing machine, together with his his sister Sina. Both
> appr. 8 weeks old. The backdoor is open the whole summer, so they must
> have sneaked in. Hugo is a lean, fast hunter, grey-white tabby. Spends
> day and night outside, pursuing utmost urgent businesses. Deep at night
> he drops in, empties the feeding bowl, catches a bit affection and
> climbs the bookshelf to get some sleep. Very busy guy.

Hugo is a tabby like my little Gracie. Is Sina a tabby too? I love tabbies.
I cannot even imagine living somewhere where I could keep the door open
all summer. Here in North Carolina it is so hot, with so many bugs--and I
have always lived in big cities, where it really is not safe to leave doors
open.
I'd love to hear more about your home, the village where you live, your
house,
etc. I imagine it is lovely. (I have only been through Germany on the
Firenze to
Munich express. Several days in Munich is all I had in Germany. Like most
people, my heart soared when the wall came down in Berlin!)

> Luna, the little Cutie - she was presented to me one day last year in
> the summer[...]
> There, a neighbour was balancing on his bicycle, reaching up to me
> something little I couldn`t make out at first (glasses still on bedside
> table). I grabbed the little furry thing which worked out to be another
> kitten <sigh><g>. He`d found it on his way to work beside her mother,
> which had been murdered by another car-driver.

ohhh, poor little baby. How old was she, could you tell?

Luna is a fine, little
> grey and white cat who loves to walk all over me and put her whiskers
> up my nose, and then having nailed me to the floor with both her
> forepaws, loves to bite me tenderly in the tip of my nose. That gives
> her great satisfaction.<bg>

What a little doll! That's a very intimate love bite indeed!

>> You asked for it. A lot of text. Sorry.

I like a lot of text! Thanks for the good descriptions, I can
just about see the kitties now.

> As for the pictures - I didn`t put up a website with pictures of my
> loved ones yet,
> as there seemed to be no sense to it.<g>
>
> But now, that I have found people who actually ask for pictures I will
> do this website immediately. For - sure, I have lots of photos.<g>
> In a week or so I might be ready. Its a lot of work.

For ease of use, try Yahoo photos. I have a site. It's free
and easy. You can see Gracie and Boo below:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cyberpurrs/my_photos

(The rubber snake is one that my little Gracie loves to
attack, conquer, howl over, and present to me as a gift.
Over and over and over again!)

Lightwell
September 10th 06, 05:02 PM
Cybercat wrote:
> What I have been telling people lately, (including my new doctor,
> as an explanation for why I have cats when I am allergic to them)
> "I'm pretty eccentric, but I am REALLY eccentric about cats!"
> I just think they are the most wonderful creatures.

Well, ok, sounds fine to me. Then I am an exccentric too, I knew that.
I want to live in the UK as eccentrics there are a valued class.<g>

> Boo has four white paws and a lopsided white "splat" on her nose!
> AND--a white bikini.

I looked at your pictures and wow, what a fine fur Gracie has. And what
cute little girls face.
And Boo seems to be a huge cat judged the paws I could see. I would
love to
see a Bikini picture though.<g>

> Is Sina a tabby too?
Sina was a little white/grey Tabby too. She was hit by a car some month
after I got her which was two years ago. :-(

Thank you for your interest and the nice welcome you gave me.

bye for now

Matthew
September 10th 06, 05:22 PM
"Lightwell" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello there,
>
> after reading here for about ten days I found out that I want to give
> my 2 pence every now and then. So I think it`s about time to introduce
> me and my gang to the group here. It feels so good to have found other
> slaves to the furballs. I am obviously not the only crazy can-opener
> who does everything to make his cats feel good. Cat owner`s concerns,
> problems, joys and amusements are seemingly the same all over the
> world.
> O.K. we live in Germany, in the rural countryside east of Berlin.
> Beautiful landscape, no jobs, agricultural area. I moved here from
> South Germany, after the wall had come down in 1999, for here were
> affordable old farmhouses to have.
> Me and my cats wanted to say hi to all of you. Please be understanding,
> as my english sometimes might be way off.<g>
>

> kind regards
>
> Bettina,
> owned by Moritz, Lissinda (aka Lissie), Zorrolina (aka Zorro),
> Felix, Hugo and Luna. Host to Mohrchen, Julius and Peter.

Hi Bettina I see you made it to this group also a belated welcome to
this group also

Lightwell
September 11th 06, 02:02 PM
Matthew wrote:
> Hi Bettina I see you made it to this group also a belated welcome to
> this group also

Thank you Matthew.
I hope Spirit is feeling better today.

Lightwell
September 11th 06, 02:04 PM
Kitkat wrote:
> I never was able to spot the cat in the last 2 pictures!!!! is there
> really one there?
> > :)
> Pam

Yes, there is.<g> Look at the little roof on the right side.
She is sitting in front of the wall.

Matthew
September 11th 06, 07:35 PM
"Lightwell" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> Hi Bettina I see you made it to this group also a belated welcome
>> this group also
>
> Thank you Matthew.
> I hope Spirit is feeling better today.

Thanks

A little better just got back from my regular vet he still has a fever
BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast diet
works. He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself. He
was a little tender in the groin but not enough to impress the vet with a
possible pancreas or kidneys problems. It might be a very light UTI but
I go back Friday to make sure.

Lightwell
September 12th 06, 03:37 PM
Matthew wrote:

> A little better just got back from my regular vet he still has a fever
> BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast diet
> works.

I am so happy to hear that!
I kept my thumbs pressed all Saturday and Sunday for Spirit.

> He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself.

As I am an optimist I am sure that it will work out ok.
And now, that your vet is there again you might relax a bit
as Spirit is in the best hands now.

"Get well soon"-purrs from my me and my cats.

Matthew
September 12th 06, 03:45 PM
"Lightwell" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>>
>> A little better just got back from my regular vet he still has a
>> fever
>> BUT NO MORE INSULIN his sugar was down from 309 to 123 fancy feast
>> diet
>> works.
>
> I am so happy to hear that!
> I kept my thumbs pressed all Saturday and Sunday for Spirit.
>
>> He is responding to the antibiotics but still is not himself.
>
> As I am an optimist I am sure that it will work out ok.
> And now, that your vet is there again you might relax a bit
> as Spirit is in the best hands now.
>
> "Get well soon"-purrs from my me and my cats.

Thanks Bettina I woke up to the sweetest music I could here. I heard his
meow whine cry saying where is my food dish and why is it not filled.
That was the sweetest sound I could have heard. He keeps begging for dry
food but I keep putting wet food in front of him. I can tell he is
getting frustrated but I keep telling him sorry Buddy no free feeding on
Dry food till the vet says the all clear. The looks he gives us when we
give him the antibiotics. Poor kitty

He is feeling so much better this morning after the fluids flush. I think
it broke the fever he still is tender in the groin area. He is definitely
more active he keeps following one of us around rubbing are legs. I
can't help but to reach down pick him up and give him some lovin. If looks
could kill :-) He is at my feet right now meowing at me about his dish.
Here comes some loving Spirit