PDA

View Full Version : Disability Act & Pets, HELP

ensoul
September 8th 06, 01:26 AM
got a letter signed by my family dr and by my Pdoc saying that I needed
both cats, it was very well written....at 11am housing mang. broke in,
I had the bolt lock thrown (the lease says that illegal) and they did
the HUD inspection, I was sleeping, scared the hell out me, told them
btwn sleeping and pain meds I sleep in late, the HUD lady was very
nice, liked all my decorations,,,,Denise the office manager pulled me
aside we'll talk abt the cats later and see if you're still living
here......

does anybody know where online I can find a copy of that act American
Disabilities Act & pets, allows for pets if you have mental and/or
physical disability, I have both and a letter signed by both Dr's

they'ce caused no damage to to the apartment....I can't give them up,
they've helped methrough depression, through the grief of my husband's
death....my income is too low to move any where else...I am desparate

ensoul

There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the
sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the
beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes ~Bob Dylan

-L.
September 8th 06, 01:58 AM
ensoul wrote:
> got a letter signed by my family dr and by my Pdoc saying that I needed
> both cats, it was very well written....at 11am housing mang. broke in,
> I had the bolt lock thrown (the lease says that illegal) and they did
> the HUD inspection, I was sleeping, scared the hell out me, told them
> btwn sleeping and pain meds I sleep in late, the HUD lady was very
> nice, liked all my decorations,,,,Denise the office manager pulled me
> aside we'll talk abt the cats later and see if you're still living
> here......
>
> does anybody know where online I can find a copy of that act American
> Disabilities Act & pets, allows for pets if you have mental and/or
> physical disability, I have both and a letter signed by both Dr's
>
> they'ce caused no damage to to the apartment....I can't give them up,
> they've helped methrough depression, through the grief of my husband's
> death....my income is too low to move any where else...I am desparate
>
> ensoul

The only thing I can find refers to service animals:

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/cguide.htm

Your city and /or state may have other laws that can help you. Call
your local legal aid society or your landlord-tenant arbitration board
- both listed under legal services in your local phone book.

good luck,
-L.

Matthew
September 8th 06, 02:02 AM
http://www.adaportal.org/cgi-bin/texis.exe/webinator/search/?pr=dlkmstest&query=animal&cq=

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/svcabrs3.pdf#xml=http://www.adaportal.org/cgi-bin/texis.exe/webinator/search/pdfhi.txt?query=animal&pr=dlkmstest&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=500&sufs=1&order=r&cq=&id=442da7ed3b

"ensoul" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> got a letter signed by my family dr and by my Pdoc saying that I needed
> both cats, it was very well written....at 11am housing mang. broke in,
> I had the bolt lock thrown (the lease says that illegal) and they did
> the HUD inspection, I was sleeping, scared the hell out me, told them
> btwn sleeping and pain meds I sleep in late, the HUD lady was very
> nice, liked all my decorations,,,,Denise the office manager pulled me
> aside we'll talk abt the cats later and see if you're still living
> here......
>
> does anybody know where online I can find a copy of that act American
> Disabilities Act & pets, allows for pets if you have mental and/or
> physical disability, I have both and a letter signed by both Dr's
>
> they'ce caused no damage to to the apartment....I can't give them up,
> they've helped methrough depression, through the grief of my husband's
> death....my income is too low to move any where else...I am desparate
>
> ensoul
>

> There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the
> sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the
> beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes ~Bob Dylan

Spot
September 8th 06, 03:09 PM
Is there any other housing in your area that is hud approved? Often places
that are for elderly or disabled specifically will allow pets with an
additional security deposit. I would call the house authority and talk to
them about it and see what other places there are that you may be able to
move to where this won't be an issue.

Celeste

oups.com...