PDA

View Full Version : Cats with Clouds between their knees

sosessyithurts
September 9th 06, 04:49 PM
HIgh Rise Syndrome
http://tinyurl.com/kvck8

(National Geographic video at msn video)

Seems cat WILL jump out of high rise apt windows (to go after prey)
They will claw through screens to go after prey

A study proved that the higher up the cat jumped from, the less injury
to his body
(if any)

Cats that fall shorter distances sustain certain far greater injuries

Short answer: If the leaping cat has enough hang time his body acts
like a parachute and slows him down, as well as gives him time to
relax. Breaking a fall while relaxed is far better than hitting the
ground while tense.

"sosessyithurts" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> HIgh Rise Syndrome
> http://tinyurl.com/kvck8
>
> (National Geographic video at msn video)
>
> Seems cat WILL jump out of high rise apt windows (to go after prey)
> They will claw through screens to go after prey
>
> A study proved that the higher up the cat jumped from, the less injury
> to his body
> (if any)
>
> Cats that fall shorter distances sustain certain far greater injuries
>
> Short answer: If the leaping cat has enough hang time his body acts
> like a parachute and slows him down, as well as gives him time to
> relax. Breaking a fall while relaxed is far better than hitting the
> ground while tense.

Hmm, pretty cool. I like that song, too. Isn't that Train?