PDA

View Full Version : Icy Hot on a cats nose...

RobZip
September 10th 06, 02:26 PM
I put a fairly liberal amount of Icy Hot on my elbow this morning. Upon
returning to the living room, my boy Spot jumped up next to me, caught a
whiff of it, and immediately planted his nose against the area where it had
been applied. His regret was obvious and immediate. I washed the stuff off
with clear water on a wash cloth... Ever tried to wash a cats nose? They
don't like it much....

The label does contain cautions against applying it to certain areas of the
body - eyes, etc, as well as a few that only the more foolish thrill seekers
might try. Anybody else ever have this happen?

Matthew
September 10th 06, 04:04 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message
>I put a fairly liberal amount of Icy Hot on my elbow this morning. Upon
>returning to the living room, my boy Spot jumped up next to me, caught a
>whiff of it, and immediately planted his nose against the area where it had
>been applied. His regret was obvious and immediate. I washed the stuff off
>with clear water on a wash cloth... Ever tried to wash a cats nose? They
>don't like it much....
>
> The label does contain cautions against applying it to certain areas of
> the body - eyes, etc, as well as a few that only the more foolish thrill
> seekers might try. Anybody else ever have this happen?

I have a cat that wants to lick it when you are putting it on. Something in
it is tempting to them but the cat we are talking about isn't the brightest.