PDA

View Full Version : Kitten swallowed latex teat

Lynne
September 10th 06, 05:44 PM
I just adopted a 4 week old kitten who has been hand raised. Today he
chewed off and swalled half of the latex teat while nursing. I am
trying not to freak out, but am very concerned. Has anyone here had an
experience like this? Could this block his intestines? Is there
anything I can do? So far he is behaving normally, but it just
happened 30 minutes ago and I can't find anything definitive that has
been posted previously.

Matthew
September 10th 06, 05:51 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I just adopted a 4 week old kitten who has been hand raised. Today he
> chewed off and swalled half of the latex teat while nursing. I am
> trying not to freak out, but am very concerned. Has anyone here had an
> experience like this? Could this block his intestines? Is there
> anything I can do? So far he is behaving normally, but it just
> happened 30 minutes ago and I can't find anything definitive that has
> been posted previously.

Didn't some just post something like this last month

Lynne
September 10th 06, 05:54 PM
Matthew wrote:
> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >I just adopted a 4 week old kitten who has been hand raised. Today he
> > chewed off and swalled half of the latex teat while nursing. I am
> > trying not to freak out, but am very concerned. Has anyone here had an
> > experience like this? Could this block his intestines? Is there
> > anything I can do? So far he is behaving normally, but it just
> > happened 30 minutes ago and I can't find anything definitive that has
> > been posted previously.
> >

> Didn't some just post something like this last month

Yes, but there was no followup by the original poster. Her last post
indicated the vet might put the kitten to sleep. I'm rather terrified.

If this is going to pass safely, when will I find it in the litter box?
Or, in other words, if I don't find it in the litter box, at what
point will I know there is a problem?

Thanks for any help! I'm in love with this little sh*t.

Matthew
September 10th 06, 06:01 PM
Lynee you need to take the cat a emergency clinic. IMO that will be a
blockage and needs to be removed if not at least the vet can tell you
what to do

And if the worse is going to happen at least you will not let him suffer

I just had to take my spirit to the emergency vet yesterday he had a
high fever and I thought he had a pancreatic problems.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> "Lynne" > wrote in message
>> ps.com...
>> >I just adopted a 4 week old kitten who has been hand raised. Today he
>> > chewed off and swalled half of the latex teat while nursing. I am
>> > trying not to freak out, but am very concerned. Has anyone here had an
>> > experience like this? Could this block his intestines? Is there
>> > anything I can do? So far he is behaving normally, but it just
>> > happened 30 minutes ago and I can't find anything definitive that has
>> > been posted previously.
>> >

>> Didn't some just post something like this last month
>
> Yes, but there was no followup by the original poster. Her last post
> indicated the vet might put the kitten to sleep. I'm rather terrified.
>
> If this is going to pass safely, when will I find it in the litter box?
> Or, in other words, if I don't find it in the litter box, at what
> point will I know there is a problem?
>
> Thanks for any help! I'm in love with this little sh*t.

Lynne
September 10th 06, 06:27 PM
I called the emergency hospital and the vet said they can't do anything
unless he has problems, and to watch him closely for signs of
intestinal blockage over the next couple of days. She said it may
pass, but if it becomes a problem, they will surgically remove it...

I'll let you all know what happens.

Lynne
September 10th 06, 06:29 PM
Matthew wrote:

> I just had to take my spirit to the emergency vet yesterday he had a
> high fever and I thought he had a pancreatic problems.

I hope your kitty is okay. I have a dog who almost died of
pancreatitis. She survived, but has never been the same.

Matthew
September 10th 06, 06:40 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Matthew wrote:
>
>> I just had to take my spirit to the emergency vet yesterday he had a
>> high fever and I thought he had a pancreatic problems.
>
> I hope your kitty is okay. I have a dog who almost died of
> pancreatitis. She survived, but has never been the same.

Thank you he is doing much better today they gave him a shot of
penicillin and he is on antibiotics 2x a day. His sugar lever is very
elevated so they have him on insulin 1 unit 2x day.

The emergency vet did some blood work and the tell tale signs of the
pancreatic problem were not there < happy dance>
but I go back to my regular vet tomorrow and hopefully the full blood panel
will be back and normal.

he is doing better to day a heck of a lot improvement from yesterday.

I hope everything goes ok for the furball let us know

"Lynne" > wrote :

> Thanks for any help! I'm in love with this little sh*t.

God Bless you. Emergency vet, is what I would do,
especially if he is very small.

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spammers that are running a scam.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I called the emergency hospital and the vet said they can't do anything
> unless he has problems, and to watch him closely for signs of
> intestinal blockage over the next couple of days. She said it may
> pass, but if it becomes a problem, they will surgically remove it...
>
> I'll let you all know what happens.

Ahhh, excellent. I reread your post and see that he is just
4 weeks--so small, that's a worry. About how big a piece did
he eat?

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spammers that are running a scam.

Lynne
September 10th 06, 07:34 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Ahhh, excellent. I reread your post and see that he is just
> 4 weeks--so small, that's a worry. About how big a piece did
> he eat?

he ate about half of the teat, so about 3/8". The vet said that they
don't induce vomiting for foreign objects, so we just have to wait. He
just had a healthy poo (latex free), so I'll be watching for more.

And yes, he is very tiny. Barely a pound. He's currently on
antibiotics for a nasty URI so I hope that doesn't complicate things in
his gut. I may give him a bit of hairball remedy later to help ease
the nipple's (hopeful) passage through his intestines.

I have a large, oafish puppy who is also in love with the little guy.
My other cat can't see him yet, because of the URI, but he knows
something is up! My daughter just lost a kitten last weekend to some
kind of neurological disorder triggered by anesthesia. He went blind
several months ago after suffering siezures during his neutering
surgery. He went into siezure again last Saturday and died. So we
really need this little guy to be okay.

Lynne
September 11th 06, 01:54 PM
the little guy finally had another bowel movement this morning, after
quite a long time without one. I checked it for the teat (ew!), but it
was not there as far as I could tell. The good news is that his BMs
are slightly larger in diameter than the nipple, so I'm hopeful he will
be okay. He didn't want anything to do with the hairball remedy.

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> the little guy finally had another bowel movement this morning, after
> quite a long time without one. I checked it for the teat (ew!), but it
> was not there as far as I could tell. The good news is that his BMs
> are slightly larger in diameter than the nipple, so I'm hopeful he will
> be okay. He didn't want anything to do with the hairball remedy.

I'm glad he is pooping! However it seems that thing should have come
out by now. Where *is* it? He is just a 4-week-old kitten, there
is only so much room in there.

Most cats want nothing to do with the hairball remedy at first. (You
probably know this ...) Once I put it on their noses and they had
to lick it off, two of my three (one now gone) grew to like it.

I think he probably needs it right now. Any chance he hacked up
the nipple in a corner somewhere when you were not looking?
I hope?

Lynne
September 11th 06, 02:44 PM
there is no chance that he hacked it up--he is confined in my
bedroom/bathroom because of the URI (contageous to my other cat). It
could have been in the poo from this morning I suppose, perhaps
partially broken down by digestive juices. I didn't see if it it was.
As long as he keeps having bowel movements, I think that will mean he
is okay. I had to stimulate him to go this morning, he was definitely
having trouble. His stomach was getting large and hard and he was in
and out of the litter box with no results until I did so. Now it feels
normal and he is a bundle of energy.

Keeping my fingers crossed... it's almost been 24 hours since he
swallowed it.

I emailed the person who recently posted about the same problem and
asked about that kitty. I haven't heard back yet.

cybercat wrote:

> I'm glad he is pooping! However it seems that thing should have come
> out by now. Where *is* it? He is just a 4-week-old kitten, there
> is only so much room in there.
>
> Most cats want nothing to do with the hairball remedy at first. (You
> probably know this ...) Once I put it on their noses and they had
> to lick it off, two of my three (one now gone) grew to like it.
>
> I think he probably needs it right now. Any chance he hacked up
> the nipple in a corner somewhere when you were not looking?
> I hope?

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> there is no chance that he hacked it up--he is confined in my
> bedroom/bathroom because of the URI (contageous to my other cat). It
> could have been in the poo from this morning I suppose, perhaps
> partially broken down by digestive juices. I didn't see if it it was.
> As long as he keeps having bowel movements, I think that will mean he
> is okay. I had to stimulate him to go this morning, he was definitely
> having trouble. His stomach was getting large and hard and he was in
> and out of the litter box with no results until I did so. Now it feels
> normal and he is a bundle of energy.
>
> Keeping my fingers crossed... it's almost been 24 hours since he
> swallowed it.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can, and I am sure you
are right, as long as he is pooping he is fine. I never thought I would
say this to anyone but here's hoping you see a poopy nipple soon!

Lynne
September 11th 06, 08:33 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Sounds like you are doing everything you can, and I am sure you
> are right, as long as he is pooping he is fine. I never thought I would
> say this to anyone but here's hoping you see a poopy nipple soon!

Thanks for the well wishes! LOL

Well kitty pooed again and still no nipple. He seems just fine, thank
goodness, and I am EXTREMELY grateful to have a good supply of
disposeable silicone gloves!

Lynne
September 11th 06, 09:10 PM
I spoke to the vet again (also had to ask about a sick dog *sigh*) and
she said that my kitten is probably going to be okay, but the teat
could take another day before it passes, so he's not out of the woods
yet. She said I may also not see it at all as it may get broken down.
I'm going to try not to worry, but I admit, I'm anxious between every
BM.

I'll stop spamming your group, though, and let you know how he is
tomorrow night. Thanks for the well wishes!

Matthew
September 11th 06, 09:14 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I spoke to the vet again (also had to ask about a sick dog *sigh*) and
> she said that my kitten is probably going to be okay, but the teat
> could take another day before it passes, so he's not out of the woods
> yet. She said I may also not see it at all as it may get broken down.
> I'm going to try not to worry, but I admit, I'm anxious between every
> BM.
>
> I'll stop spamming your group, though, and let you know how he is
> tomorrow night. Thanks for the well wishes!

You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about cats
and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time

Lynne
September 12th 06, 12:13 AM
Matthew wrote:

> You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about cats
> and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time

Thank you. I love my kitties! (and my dogs, snake and hamster, hehe.)

I heard back from the other person who posted with the same problem.
Her kitten died 5 days after swallowing the teat, from intestinal
blockage. Very sad, and I fear I won't rest easy for another day (at
least).

Of course my little devil-kitten is tearing up everything he can get
his little claws and teeth into (me included), so it's hard to think he
might not feel well. He's so adorable!

meeee
September 12th 06, 12:33 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Matthew wrote:
>
>> You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about
>> cats
>> and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time
>
> Thank you. I love my kitties! (and my dogs, snake and hamster, hehe.)
>
> I heard back from the other person who posted with the same problem.
> Her kitten died 5 days after swallowing the teat, from intestinal
> blockage. Very sad, and I fear I won't rest easy for another day (at
> least).
>
> Of course my little devil-kitten is tearing up everything he can get
> his little claws and teeth into (me included), so it's hard to think he
> might not feel well. He's so adorable!

Don't panic too much; I know it's serious however I have two cats that are
confirmed plastic-eaters; I am super careful but they are very cunning.
provided I feed them hairball remedy and a few drops of olive oil on their
food (high protein diet also helps for some reason) they seem to poo it out.
I just pulled a length of cling film out of a mouth....lucky catch that
time. He may have already partially digested it and pood it out...here's
hoping anyway. Purrs that he's ok!

cybercat
September 12th 06, 01:08 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Matthew wrote:
>
> > You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about
cats
> > and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time
>
> Thank you. I love my kitties! (and my dogs, snake and hamster, hehe.)

Matthew said exactly what I was thinking. Post all you like! It helps
when you are going through a stressful time with your kitty, we all do it.

> I heard back from the other person who posted with the same problem.
> Her kitten died 5 days after swallowing the teat, from intestinal
> blockage. Very sad, and I fear I won't rest easy for another day (at
> least).

Oh no. Well, maybe you will reconsider putting some laxatone (or whatever
you are using for hairballs) on his nose. He will lick it off, keep doing it
until you get maybe half a tea spoon in him. It might help. As far as I
know,
Laxatone has some petroleum products in it, and won't they dissolve
latex??

> Of course my little devil-kitten is tearing up everything he can get
> his little claws and teeth into (me included), so it's hard to think he
> might not feel well. He's so adorable!

We neeeeeeed some pictures! What color is he? He won't be small
for long, so snap a few!

Matthew
September 12th 06, 01:09 AM
Won't Vaseline works also as a laxative Cyber

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Lynne" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Matthew wrote:
>>
>> > You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about
> cats
>> > and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time
>>
>> Thank you. I love my kitties! (and my dogs, snake and hamster, hehe.)
>
> Matthew said exactly what I was thinking. Post all you like! It helps
> when you are going through a stressful time with your kitty, we all do it.
>

>> I heard back from the other person who posted with the same problem.
>> Her kitten died 5 days after swallowing the teat, from intestinal
>> blockage. Very sad, and I fear I won't rest easy for another day (at
>> least).
>
> Oh no. Well, maybe you will reconsider putting some laxatone (or whatever
> you are using for hairballs) on his nose. He will lick it off, keep doing
> it
> until you get maybe half a tea spoon in him. It might help. As far as I
> know,
> Laxatone has some petroleum products in it, and won't they dissolve
> latex??
>>
>> Of course my little devil-kitten is tearing up everything he can get
>> his little claws and teeth into (me included), so it's hard to think he
>> might not feel well. He's so adorable!
>>

> We neeeeeeed some pictures! What color is he? He won't be small
> for long, so snap a few!

cybercat
September 12th 06, 01:29 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
> Won't Vaseline works also as a laxative Cyber

I think some people have used it for their cats. Poor little guy. He's soooo
tiny. But at least he is pooping. It does not seem like he could poop
*around* the thing.

mariib via CatKB.com
September 12th 06, 03:52 AM
delurking & top posting:
You will be able to tell if your kitten becomes obstructed - he will look
sick, he will act sick, he will become withdrawn & lethargic & you must then
rush him to the vet. 20 years ago, my 2 month orange boy chewed thru &
swallowed a chunk of latex aquarium tubing. We didn't know at the time he'd
eaten the tubing. Within 48 hours, he was frothing clear foam from his mouth,
a bit from the rear, his abdomen was absolutely rigid, I could feel waves of
spasms & he became dehydrated & shocky. Latex doesn't show on xrays but even
so our vet insisted there was an obstruction, operated & removed a 1" piece
of latex tubing. The not-so-smart kitten recovered & we always had to be
careful what was left around.
M.

Lynne wrote:
>> You are not spamming there are people out here that truly care about cats
>> and other cat lovers. You are welcome any time
>
>Thank you. I love my kitties! (and my dogs, snake and hamster, hehe.)
>
>I heard back from the other person who posted with the same problem.
>Her kitten died 5 days after swallowing the teat, from intestinal
>blockage. Very sad, and I fear I won't rest easy for another day (at
>least).
>
>Of course my little devil-kitten is tearing up everything he can get
>his little claws and teeth into (me included), so it's hard to think he
>might not feel well. He's so adorable!

Lynne
September 12th 06, 04:38 PM
Follow-up on my kitty, currently nameless (!!):

He pooped again this morning, but still no teat. I was at the
emergency vet hospital with my dog this morning and we discussed the
kitten. They think he is fairly well out of the woods at this point
since it's been 48 hours now. They said I may not find the teat, so I
am going to stop looking. Since he's defacating normally, it may have
already passed.

NOW I feel better as he is also completely over his URI and eye
infection and is an absolute holy terror, just as he should be. He
attacks my dog without shame, and they are going to be great playmates.
Tomorrow I will introduce him to my almost 3 year old cat, Rudy, who
was completely feral (and terrified of people) when we found him at the
age of 4 months and is now a super sweet boy who comes when I call him
(no food needed) and who loves company, other cats, and dogs.

Thank you all for the advice and support. Here's a pic of the little
guy with my pup:
http://fototime.com/6324E7A1822093E/standard.jpg
and another of just him
http://fototime.com/5DB280FF62F9384/orig.jpg
here's my Rudy
http://fototime.com/EE2FBE6F3874150/standard.jpg

Thanks again!

Matthew
September 12th 06, 04:43 PM
Lynne IMO still check for another 2 to 3 days after that than I would
let my guard down

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Follow-up on my kitty, currently nameless (!!):
>
> He pooped again this morning, but still no teat. I was at the
> emergency vet hospital with my dog this morning and we discussed the
> kitten. They think he is fairly well out of the woods at this point
> since it's been 48 hours now. They said I may not find the teat, so I
> am going to stop looking. Since he's defacating normally, it may have
> already passed.
>
> NOW I feel better as he is also completely over his URI and eye
> infection and is an absolute holy terror, just as he should be. He
> attacks my dog without shame, and they are going to be great playmates.
> Tomorrow I will introduce him to my almost 3 year old cat, Rudy, who
> was completely feral (and terrified of people) when we found him at the
> age of 4 months and is now a super sweet boy who comes when I call him
> (no food needed) and who loves company, other cats, and dogs.
>
> Thank you all for the advice and support. Here's a pic of the little
> guy with my pup:
> http://fototime.com/6324E7A1822093E/standard.jpg
> and another of just him
> http://fototime.com/5DB280FF62F9384/orig.jpg
> here's my Rudy
> http://fototime.com/EE2FBE6F3874150/standard.jpg
>
> Thanks again!

"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Follow-up on my kitty, currently nameless (!!):
>
> He pooped again this morning, but still no teat. I was at the
> emergency vet hospital with my dog this morning and we discussed the
> kitten. They think he is fairly well out of the woods at this point
> since it's been 48 hours now. They said I may not find the teat, so I
> am going to stop looking.

Well that is good news, coming from a vet! And I know you are probably tired
of doing poop patrol!

Since he's defacating normally, it may have
> already passed.
>

> Thank you all for the advice and support. Here's a pic of the little
> guy with my pup:
> http://fototime.com/6324E7A1822093E/standard.jpg
> and another of just him
> http://fototime.com/5DB280FF62F9384/orig.jpg
> here's my Rudy
> http://fototime.com/EE2FBE6F3874150/standard.jpg
>
> Thanks again!

Oh, man, look at that angelic little sleeping face! Rudy looks like
a character, I love orange tabby boys. I had a cat that played in the
dishwasher, she liked to bat the revolving part around at the top.
She used to reach in with long monkeypaws, from above then below
to get it! Cheapest cat toy I ever had.

I can see why you are in love with the baby, and your dog looks
very sweet. Thanks for letting us see them!

blkcatgal
September 12th 06, 10:47 PM
Damn, kittens sure are cute...he's definitely a cutie-pie! And I thought my
cat was the only one that would crawl into the dishwasher. Mine is an
orange tabby too. I hope the kitten is okay....you have to come up with a
name!!!!!

Sue
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Follow-up on my kitty, currently nameless (!!):
>
> He pooped again this morning, but still no teat. I was at the
> emergency vet hospital with my dog this morning and we discussed the
> kitten. They think he is fairly well out of the woods at this point
> since it's been 48 hours now. They said I may not find the teat, so I
> am going to stop looking. Since he's defacating normally, it may have
> already passed.
>
> NOW I feel better as he is also completely over his URI and eye
> infection and is an absolute holy terror, just as he should be. He
> attacks my dog without shame, and they are going to be great playmates.
> Tomorrow I will introduce him to my almost 3 year old cat, Rudy, who
> was completely feral (and terrified of people) when we found him at the
> age of 4 months and is now a super sweet boy who comes when I call him
> (no food needed) and who loves company, other cats, and dogs.
>
> Thank you all for the advice and support. Here's a pic of the little
> guy with my pup:
> http://fototime.com/6324E7A1822093E/standard.jpg
> and another of just him
> http://fototime.com/5DB280FF62F9384/orig.jpg
> here's my Rudy
> http://fototime.com/EE2FBE6F3874150/standard.jpg
>
> Thanks again!

meeee
September 13th 06, 01:44 AM
Awww he is sooo sweet! And I can tell he will grow up to be a gorgeous cat!!
That beautiful shadow-grey fur. And Rudy is a stunner; the spitting image of
my Garfield, except Garfield has more white!! I love your dog; so long
suffering, it looks like, 'why me?' Thanks for sharing your babies with us.
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Follow-up on my kitty, currently nameless (!!):
>
> He pooped again this morning, but still no teat. I was at the
> emergency vet hospital with my dog this morning and we discussed the
> kitten. They think he is fairly well out of the woods at this point
> since it's been 48 hours now. They said I may not find the teat, so I
> am going to stop looking. Since he's defacating normally, it may have
> already passed.
>
> NOW I feel better as he is also completely over his URI and eye
> infection and is an absolute holy terror, just as he should be. He
> attacks my dog without shame, and they are going to be great playmates.
> Tomorrow I will introduce him to my almost 3 year old cat, Rudy, who
> was completely feral (and terrified of people) when we found him at the
> age of 4 months and is now a super sweet boy who comes when I call him
> (no food needed) and who loves company, other cats, and dogs.
>
> Thank you all for the advice and support. Here's a pic of the little
> guy with my pup:
> http://fototime.com/6324E7A1822093E/standard.jpg
> and another of just him
> http://fototime.com/5DB280FF62F9384/orig.jpg
> here's my Rudy
> http://fototime.com/EE2FBE6F3874150/standard.jpg
>
> Thanks again!

JohnR66
September 13th 06, 03:00 AM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I just adopted a 4 week old kitten who has been hand raised. Today he
> chewed off and swalled half of the latex teat while nursing. I am
> trying not to freak out, but am very concerned. Has anyone here had an
> experience like this? Could this block his intestines? Is there
> anything I can do? So far he is behaving normally, but it just
> happened 30 minutes ago and I can't find anything definitive that has
> been posted previously.

I don't know how much different a cat's digestive system is as compared to a
dog's, but I remember seeing the artifacts in the dog's poop in the yard
when he was a puppy. There were pen caps, bits of cloth, foil... We had to
start hiding everything or it was fair game.

I remember Simon, my cat, got into the easter grass once. He yowled a bit as
he passed it and was walking around with it haning out of his butt. I
carefully removed it and he was fine. No more of it allowed in the house
though.
John

Lynne
September 13th 06, 12:00 PM
JohnR66 wrote:

> I remember Simon, my cat, got into the easter grass once. He yowled a bit as
> he passed it and was walking around with it haning out of his butt. I
> carefully removed it and he was fine. No more of it allowed in the house
> though.
> John

My dogs are the same way. Sometimes their poop contains all the colors
of the rainbow. With very young cats, however, it's all a matter of
size. Since they are so tiny with very small intestines, the risk of
compaction is greater. I'm happy to report the kitten is still showing
no signs of trouble (except the terrorizing, which is expected!).

My pup doesn't just put up with the kitten, she craves play time with
him! He's not afraid of anything, even being used as a pillow:

http://fototime.com/ABBAA127315953B/standard.jpg

The kitten came to us with the name Levi, but we're trying on other
names. So far the favorite is Jabari, which is African for
fearless/brave. I wanted to name him Solomon, but was overruled by my
daughter.

Catjoy
September 13th 06, 07:14 PM
Lynne,

I just discovered your post today, and am so relieved to hear that the kitten
is doing okay. Phew! He is just a darling and your pics of him and the dog
are simply adorable!!

Please do keep us updated on the kitten's progress.

Best Wishes,
Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie

Lynne wrote:
>> I remember Simon, my cat, got into the easter grass once. He yowled a bit as
>> he passed it and was walking around with it haning out of his butt. I
>> carefully removed it and he was fine. No more of it allowed in the house
>> though.
>> John
>
>My dogs are the same way. Sometimes their poop contains all the colors
>of the rainbow. With very young cats, however, it's all a matter of
>size. Since they are so tiny with very small intestines, the risk of
>compaction is greater. I'm happy to report the kitten is still showing
>no signs of trouble (except the terrorizing, which is expected!).
>
>My pup doesn't just put up with the kitten, she craves play time with
>him! He's not afraid of anything, even being used as a pillow:
>
>http://fototime.com/ABBAA127315953B/standard.jpg
>
>The kitten came to us with the name Levi, but we're trying on other
>names. So far the favorite is Jabari, which is African for
>fearless/brave. I wanted to name him Solomon, but was overruled by my
>daughter.

Lynne
September 15th 06, 01:03 PM
Catjoy wrote:
> Lynne,
>
> I just discovered your post today, and am so relieved to hear that the kitten
> is doing okay. Phew! He is just a darling and your pics of him and the dog
> are simply adorable!!
>
> Please do keep us updated on the kitten's progress.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie

Thanks so much! I adore the little guy, as does the rest of the family
(human and otherwise). I just thought I would post one last update on
him. He's doing GREAT! Growing like a weed and super active. I never
found the teat, but it's no longer a concern.

It looks like the name he came with (Levi) is going to stick. The
little guy has quite the oral fixation... my daughter and I both have
blisters on our lips from his suckling!! =)

"Lynne" > wrote:
> > Jan, Snowy, Petey, & Toonie
>
> Thanks so much! I adore the little guy, as does the rest of the family
> (human and otherwise). I just thought I would post one last update on
> him. He's doing GREAT! Growing like a weed and super active. I never
> found the teat, but it's no longer a concern.

I am so glad to hear this.

> It looks like the name he came with (Levi) is going to stick. The
> little guy has quite the oral fixation... my daughter and I both have
> blisters on our lips from his suckling!! =)

hahaha! Please do keep posting photos as he grows. He's a doll.