PDA

View Full Version : Two dead strays...

RobZip
September 11th 06, 05:29 PM
My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that saw
him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting ready
to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the street with
predictable results.

She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a witness.
There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but ya know
what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing property over a
personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around the corner. Always
kids around looking for some spare change.... cat lovers too.

The Polish-Kraut
September 11th 06, 05:40 PM
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:29:12 GMT, "RobZip" <no > wrote:

>My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
>there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
>they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
>some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
>baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that saw
>him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting ready
>to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the street with
>predictable results.
>
>She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a witness.
>There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but ya know
>what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing property over a
>personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around the corner. Always
>kids around looking for some spare change.... cat lovers too.

Someone needs to get up enough courage to report him. As long as he
thinks he can get away with it he will keep doing it. Ideally it
would be nice if someone would / could get a pic of him doing it then
report him. If he knows that there are people with enough guts to do
something about it he may stop.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

RobZip
September 11th 06, 05:45 PM
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message

> Someone needs to get up enough courage to report him. As long as he
> thinks he can get away with it he will keep doing it. Ideally it
> would be nice if someone would / could get a pic of him doing it then
> report him. If he knows that there are people with enough guts to do
> something about it he may stop.

I've refrained from actually having the police out so as not to tip the guy
off that he was seen doing it. The local animal cruelty officer is aware of
it though and probably stands a better chance of observing anything this
clown attempts. He's working on it, and has taken the two bodies away.

Rhonda
September 11th 06, 05:59 PM
Do you have more that you feed? Any chance that you could get them away
from this guy?

I do hope karma catches up with him quickly, but in the meantime -- he
may be after all of the cats. He might have decided he doesn't like them
in his yard or whatever, and he plans to just eliminate them.

Maybe anonymously mail this jerk the laws about animal abuse? It is a
felony in this state. He needs to at least know people are watching.

I hope that neighbor changes her mind about testifying.

Rhonda

"RobZip" <no > wrote in message
> My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
> there were two dead cats on the busy road

Somehow nearly everything you post has some sort of horrifying event
concerning
animals in it. I wonder why that is?

RobZip
September 11th 06, 08:19 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Do you have more that you feed? Any chance that you could get them away
> from this guy?

Except for two that hang around my place and are quite friendly, the rest
are feral, not tolerant of being approached by humans. One of the ones that
died was about 6-7 months old, one of a litter of four. That one and
littermates are regulars at my place. The other is a female that came by a
few times a week.

RobZip
September 11th 06, 08:23 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> Somehow nearly everything you post has some sort of horrifying event
> concerning
> animals in it. I wonder why that is?

Only in your mind dearie. You've obviously missed a lot.

Lynne
September 11th 06, 08:36 PM
RobZip wrote:
> My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
> there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
> they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
> some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
> baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that saw
> him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting ready
> to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the street with
> predictable results.
>
> She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a witness.
> There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but ya know
> what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing property over a
> personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around the corner. Always
> kids around looking for some spare change.... cat lovers too.

depending on the laws in your area, there may be nothing the police can
do. It certainly warrants looking into.

I had a neighbor in a country duplex when I was in grad school. He
used to beat his wife, but she refused our help. One day I heard
crying from the crawl space and found a cat who had been trapped under
the house. As I was luring him out, the wife beater next door came out
and said he was going to kill the cat. I am a very small person, but I
told him that if so much as touched a hair on that cat I would kill
him. We had some very heated words, but he backed down (I was
terrified inside). I took the kitty in and, about a week later, found
its owner who had been looking for it for 2 years.

The guy who lured those strays into traffic is probably also just a
bully. If you stand up to him, tell him you know what he did and you
will be watching him, he may back down and stop this horrible behavior.
On the other hand, he could be a full-fledged psycho, so be careful.
Regardless of the laws, file a complaint with the police, before you
confront him, and let him know you have done so. Doing something to
him annonymously won't change anything.

I'm very sorry about your loss.

RobZip
September 11th 06, 08:53 PM
"Lynne" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I had a neighbor in a country duplex when I was in grad school. He
> used to beat his wife, but she refused our help. One day I heard
> crying from the crawl space and found a cat who had been trapped under
> the house. As I was luring him out, the wife beater next door came out
> and said he was going to kill the cat. I am a very small person, but I
> told him that if so much as touched a hair on that cat I would kill
> him. We had some very heated words, but he backed down

Good for you. Most wife beaters and assorted **** like the guy on the other
street generally are less than capable men when confronted with someone who
isn't defenseless against them.

> The guy who lured those strays into traffic is probably also just a
> bully.
> On the other hand, he could be a full-fledged psycho, so be careful.

Either way is fine by me.

> Regardless of the laws, file a complaint with the police, before you
> confront him, and let him know you have done so.

The animal cruelty officer apparently has been back out and gotten the
police involved. The neighbor woman I spoke of earlier just came by and told
me they both were at his home. Not sure what's going to develop out of it.

Lynne
September 11th 06, 09:45 PM
RobZip wrote:

> The animal cruelty officer apparently has been back out and gotten the
> police involved. The neighbor woman I spoke of earlier just came by and told
> me they both were at his home. Not sure what's going to develop out of it.

Someone should lure that guy into traffic with a cheap beer... I hope
he is charged.

meeee
September 11th 06, 11:24 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message
> My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
> there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
> they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
> some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
> baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that
> saw him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting
> ready to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the
> street with predictable results.
>
> She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a
> witness. There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but
> ya know what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing
> property over a personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around
> the corner. Always kids around looking for some spare change.... cat
> lovers too.

What an idiot! I'd start leaving bits of hamburger in his letterbox together
with hate mail. No actually, be A Good Citizen and inform the police. Taking
the line that a someone's child, a seeing eye dog, police dog, anyone could
accidentally eat the poisoned meat, not to mention it's disgusting. Why is
your wife afraid? Is he potentially violent?

RobZip
September 12th 06, 12:23 AM
"meeee" > wrote in message
> Why is your wife afraid? Is he potentially violent?

My wife only saw the bodies on the street when leaving - she had no
knowledge of how it happened, called me on her cell phone to let me know. I
went to the spot she spoke of, and while moving the bodies to the side of
the street, a neighbor of the man came and told me what she saw. These
people live 2 streets behind me, I don't know them.

According to the woman I spoke with, this guy has a rather colorful history.
The cruelty investigator has been back along with police and apparently have
talked to the witness as well as the guy who did this. Everyone at the
animal control/cruelty office is gone for the day, so it will be tomorrow
before I can find out anything. I do know that the cuelty invetigator took
the bodies with him on his first visit after I called.

meeee
September 12th 06, 01:02 AM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote in message
>> Why is your wife afraid? Is he potentially violent?
>
> My wife only saw the bodies on the street when leaving - she had no
> knowledge of how it happened, called me on her cell phone to let me know.
> I went to the spot she spoke of, and while moving the bodies to the side
> of the street, a neighbor of the man came and told me what she saw. These
> people live 2 streets behind me, I don't know them.
>
> According to the woman I spoke with, this guy has a rather colorful
> history. The cruelty investigator has been back along with police and
> apparently have talked to the witness as well as the guy who did this.
> Everyone at the animal control/cruelty office is gone for the day, so it
> will be tomorrow before I can find out anything. I do know that the cuelty
> invetigator took the bodies with him on his first visit after I called.

Well at least it looks as though they are doing something. they should be
able to get him on the toxic stuff in the cats, you'd think. Keep us posted.

jmc
September 12th 06, 12:56 PM
Suddenly, without warning, meeee exclaimed (12-Sep-06 9:32 AM):

From what I'm reading, the idiot isn't poisoning the cats. He's luring
them into the street when the lights change, and they've been hit by cars.

Hopefully there's a special hell for folks like him. Can't get him
there too soon...

jmc

The Polish-Kraut
September 12th 06, 01:21 PM
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:24:04 GMT, "meeee"
> wrote:

>> My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
>> there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
>> they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they are
>> some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there was
>> baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that
>> saw him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner getting
>> ready to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the
>> street with predictable results.
>>
>> She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a
>> witness. There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this, but
>> ya know what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing
>> property over a personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just around
>> the corner. Always kids around looking for some spare change.... cat
>> lovers too.
>>

>What an idiot! I'd start leaving bits of hamburger in his letterbox together
>with hate mail. No actually, be A Good Citizen and inform the police. Taking
>the line that a someone's child, a seeing eye dog, police dog, anyone could
>accidentally eat the poisoned meat, not to mention it's disgusting. Why is
>your wife afraid? Is he potentially violent?

Actually it was not poison meat. He was throwing it into the traffic
then when they went to get it the traffic would get them.

Tell you all what. Someone who knows his snail mail address post it
here and we will flood his snail mail box with mail!!

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

RobZip
September 12th 06, 01:37 PM
The animal cruelty investigator just returned my call. He will not discuss
specifics or details of any kind, except to say that he has spoken to the
witness, as have the police. All he will say is that the matter is being
investigated and will probably be turned over to the prosecutors office by
tomorrow.

Phil P.
September 12th 06, 04:10 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message

> The animal cruelty investigator just returned my call. He will not discuss
> specifics or details of any kind, except to say that he has spoken to the
> witness, as have the police. All he will say is that the matter is being
> investigated and will probably be turned over to the prosecutors office by
> tomorrow.

Rob,

Email me: topcatATmaxshouseDOTcom

Phil

The Polish-Kraut
September 12th 06, 04:46 PM
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:37:54 GMT, "RobZip" <no > wrote:

>The animal cruelty investigator just returned my call. He will not discuss
>specifics or details of any kind, except to say that he has spoken to the
>witness, as have the police. All he will say is that the matter is being
>investigated and will probably be turned over to the prosecutors office by
>tomorrow.

Well what more do you need to know? They investigated and know enough
to warrant gpoin to prosecution. What more do you want to know? The
rest will be up to the prosecutors office.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

RobZip
September 12th 06, 05:09 PM
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message

> Well what more do you need to know? They investigated and know enough
> to warrant gpoin to prosecution. What more do you want to know? The
> rest will be up to the prosecutors office.

Where we had left it yesterday was to contact him later and he'd let me know
if the witness could give him anything more to go on and what the status of
things was. His return call today pretty well confirmed that he thinks they
may have a prosecutable case. There was a bit more I found out, but it may
or may not amount to anything. We'll see what happens from this point on.

The Polish-Kraut
September 12th 06, 05:45 PM
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:09:40 GMT, "RobZip" <no > wrote:

>> Well what more do you need to know? They investigated and know enough
>> to warrant going to prosecution. What more do you want to know? The
>> rest will be up to the prosecutors office.
>>

>Where we had left it yesterday was to contact him later and he'd let me know
>if the witness could give him anything more to go on and what the status of
>things was. His return call today pretty well confirmed that he thinks they
>may have a prosecutable case. There was a bit more I found out, but it may
>or may not amount to anything. We'll see what happens from this point on.

I am just glad that someone reported it and that they figure it is at
least worth taking to the prosecutor. Hopefully the prosecutor is an
animal person!!

Rhonda
September 12th 06, 06:30 PM
That's great news! I hope his rear ends up in jail.

Rhonda

RobZip wrote:
> The animal cruelty investigator just returned my call. He will not discuss
> specifics or details of any kind, except to say that he has spoken to the
> witness, as have the police. All he will say is that the matter is being
> investigated and will probably be turned over to the prosecutors office by
> tomorrow.

meeee
September 13th 06, 01:46 AM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, meeee exclaimed (12-Sep-06 9:32 AM):
>

> From what I'm reading, the idiot isn't poisoning the cats. He's luring
> them into the street when the lights change, and they've been hit by cars.
>
> Hopefully there's a special hell for folks like him. Can't get him there
> too soon...
>
> jmc

Oops sorry; misread. And I agree with you....

meeee
September 13th 06, 01:47 AM
"The Polish-Kraut" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:24:04 GMT, "meeee"
> > wrote:
>
>>> My wife called me shortly after she left for work this morning. She said
>>> there were two dead cats on the busy road out behind where we live, that
>>> they looked like some of the ones I regularly feed. Sure enough, they
>>> are
>>> some of the ones that visit me. Seems one of the neighbors over there
>>> was
>>> baiting them with bits of hamburger. According to another neighbor that
>>> saw him do it, he would watch for the traffic light at the corner
>>> getting
>>> ready to change, then launch several small chunks of burger into the
>>> street with predictable results.
>>>
>>> She is terrified of the guy and unwilling to talk to police or be a
>>> witness. There may be a special place in hell for somebody like this,
>>> but
>>> ya know what? Much as I have a policy of never violating/vandalizing
>>> property over a personal beef - and never have - Halloween is just
>>> around
>>> the corner. Always kids around looking for some spare change.... cat
>>> lovers too.
>>>

>>What an idiot! I'd start leaving bits of hamburger in his letterbox
>>together
>>with hate mail. No actually, be A Good Citizen and inform the police.
>>Taking
>>the line that a someone's child, a seeing eye dog, police dog, anyone
>>could
>>accidentally eat the poisoned meat, not to mention it's disgusting. Why is
>>your wife afraid? Is he potentially violent?
>
> Actually it was not poison meat. He was throwing it into the traffic
> then when they went to get it the traffic would get them.
>
> Tell you all what. Someone who knows his snail mail address post it
> here and we will flood his snail mail box with mail!!
>

> My furbabies
>
> http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Ooops sorry misread. I am kinda glad he's not poisoning tho...poison is a
lot more horrible way to die. But yes, I will definitely join the letter
writing....

meeee
September 13th 06, 01:49 AM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in message

> The animal cruelty investigator just returned my call. He will not discuss
> specifics or details of any kind, except to say that he has spoken to the
> witness, as have the police. All he will say is that the matter is being
> investigated and will probably be turned over to the prosecutors office by
> tomorrow.

Well I hope some serious prosecuting goes down; hopefully your judge will
make an example out of him.