PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Cat????

shae
September 15th 06, 05:18 AM
About 8 months ago, my husband and I rescued an abused cat. We have
tried to get her spayed on several occassions, but she kept going into
heat. About a month ago, our babysitter accidently let her out. She was
gone for four days, and since that time, she has not gone into heat.
She seems more affectionate (which in the beginning, we thought it was
because she missed us), and her sleeping patterns have changed. She
used to sleep with us, but now she is sleeping with our five year old
daughter. I think it is her blanket, because when it is on the floor,
she sleeps on it. Any suggestions or thaughts??? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Oh, also, her stomach has become rounder and more
hard.

Matthew
September 15th 06, 04:33 PM
take her to a vet they can determine if she is pregnant and if not get her
spayed

"shae" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> About 8 months ago, my husband and I rescued an abused cat. We have
> tried to get her spayed on several occassions, but she kept going into
> heat. About a month ago, our babysitter accidently let her out. She was
> gone for four days, and since that time, she has not gone into heat.
> She seems more affectionate (which in the beginning, we thought it was
> because she missed us), and her sleeping patterns have changed. She
> used to sleep with us, but now she is sleeping with our five year old
> daughter. I think it is her blanket, because when it is on the floor,
> she sleeps on it. Any suggestions or thaughts??? Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Oh, also, her stomach has become rounder and more
> hard.

Rhonda
September 15th 06, 05:20 PM
Matthew wrote:
> take her to a vet they can determine if she is pregnant and if not get her
> spayed

I agree. She can be spayed when she's in heat too -- the vet usually
charges an extra $15 or so. We had that done to our stray.

Rhonda

shae
September 15th 06, 09:29 PM
Rhonda wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
> > take her to a vet they can determine if she is pregnant and if not get her
> > spayed
>

> I agree. She can be spayed when she's in heat too -- the vet usually
> charges an extra $15 or so. We had that done to our stray.
>
> Rhonda

Thanks for the advice. We will have to take her to another vet... the
one we have told us he will not spay until she is out of heat for at
least two weeks.