PDA

View Full Version : cat weight

m4816k
September 15th 06, 03:59 PM
Is approx. 4 pounds a good weight for a 13-14 weeks old male kitten? I'm
asking because he is quite tall and has a long body, so he seems skinny, but
when you hold him (or scale him) you notice that he isn't that light. Also,
it's been a while since I had a kitten so I'm not sure. Thanks for any info!

Marijan

Matthew
September 15th 06, 04:34 PM
Yes
my Ka'Shay is older than that and is that weight

"m4816k" > wrote in message
> Is approx. 4 pounds a good weight for a 13-14 weeks old male kitten? I'm
> asking because he is quite tall and has a long body, so he seems skinny,
> but when you hold him (or scale him) you notice that he isn't that light.
> Also, it's been a while since I had a kitten so I'm not sure. Thanks for
> any info!
>
> Marijan

Rhonda
September 15th 06, 10:01 PM
I think that's about right -- I was thinking it was about 1 lb per month
in the beginning.

If the kitten seems healthy and has been wormed, also if the spine is
not real bony down his back, I wouldn't worry about it.

Rhonda