PDA

View Full Version : Do Pets go to Heaven

TractorBoy1
September 16th 06, 09:21 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
grief.

I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
be hell to me, not heaven.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
Andrew

Ryan Robbins
September 16th 06, 11:00 AM
"TractorBoy1" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> grief.
>
> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> be hell to me, not heaven.

You might be interested in reading "The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping
With The Grieving Process When A Pet Dies," by Wallace Sife, a clinical
psychologist who helped found the Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement.
I found the book to be comforting after my Sara died in April from chronic
renal failure.

One of the book's chapters deals with religions' attitudes toward animals
when it comes to an animal's death. There is nothing in the Bible that
states that animals cannot go to heaven or that animals do not have a soul.

"There are those who ask the question, 'Do animals have souls like ours, and
will they be with us in an afterlife?'" the Reverend Canon Joel A. Gibson
writes in Sife's book. "... It is not so important to search for the answer
to that which only God knows, as to trust that which God loved is always
under God's care. We, as a people of faith, are our own proof of this
comforting truth."

The paperback edition retails for $15.

Lightwell
September 16th 06, 12:30 PM
TractorBoy1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> grief.
>
> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
> Andrew

Of course animals go to heaven.
This is not an religious issue, so it can be any heaven you believe in.
It is about energy. No energy ever vanishes. The essence of a
personality, sometimes
called soul, of a cat has a specific pattern that even can return into
matter (body).

I`ve read in a Kryon book, that rather often pets decide to come back
into matter around
three month after their departure. So it can happen to meet a kitten
that rings a lot of bells
with one.

Grawun
September 16th 06, 12:40 PM
Our pets give us company and comfort and unconditional love. They see
for those of us who can't see. They hear for those of us who can't
hear. They help those who can't move arms and legs. They do any job we
ask of them. They search for survivors, for termites, drugs and any
number of things. They are never false or unfaithful. They are God's
best creations. They live, and love and enjoy and fear and feel pain
and of course they have souls. How can anyone think they do not go to
heaven?
I am looking for my pets to be waiting for me by the gates of heaven.
If they are not there I think I will go someplace else.

Ryan Robbins wrote:
> "TractorBoy1" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> > pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> > terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> > created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> > grief.
> >
> > I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> > that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> > be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> > with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> > be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> You might be interested in reading "The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping
> With The Grieving Process When A Pet Dies," by Wallace Sife, a clinical
> psychologist who helped found the Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement.
> I found the book to be comforting after my Sara died in April from chronic
> renal failure.
>
> One of the book's chapters deals with religions' attitudes toward animals
> when it comes to an animal's death. There is nothing in the Bible that
> states that animals cannot go to heaven or that animals do not have a soul.
>
> "There are those who ask the question, 'Do animals have souls like ours, and
> will they be with us in an afterlife?'" the Reverend Canon Joel A. Gibson
> writes in Sife's book. "... It is not so important to search for the answer
> to that which only God knows, as to trust that which God loved is always
> under God's care. We, as a people of faith, are our own proof of this
> comforting truth."
>
> The paperback edition retails for $15.

Grawun
September 16th 06, 12:47 PM
That is a fascinating thought. I have had a lot of pets over my life
but a few were very special. They were sweet, easy going and loving.
Each had very similar personalities. Each came into my life at a time
when I really needed comfort and help. I have wondered if they were
the same little soul come to be with me when I needed them.

Lightwell wrote:
> TractorBoy1 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> > pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> > terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> > created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> > grief.
> >
> > I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> > that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> > be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> > with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> > be hell to me, not heaven.
> >
> > I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
> > Andrew
>
> Of course animals go to heaven.
> This is not an religious issue, so it can be any heaven you believe in.
> It is about energy. No energy ever vanishes. The essence of a
> personality, sometimes
> called soul, of a cat has a specific pattern that even can return into
> matter (body).
>
> I`ve read in a Kryon book, that rather often pets decide to come back
> into matter around
> three month after their departure. So it can happen to meet a kitten
> that rings a lot of bells
> with one.

The Polish-Kraut
September 16th 06, 01:51 PM
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
>pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
>terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
>created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
>grief.
>
>I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
>that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
>be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
>with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
>be hell to me, not heaven.
>
>I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
>Andrew

Televangelist John Hagee once said that he firmly believes that pets
will go to heaven and I would say that I have to believe him.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

September 16th 06, 02:07 PM
In article . com>,
"TractorBoy1" > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> grief.
>
> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
> Andrew

I am so sorry for your loss.

Lots of people believe lots of things. Your fellow congregant was
probably talking about the soul. That's a lot more complicated than
anyone can say because it involves doctrine that reaches beyond what can
be proved.

In my years, I went from faith to doubt. The only thing I still know for
absolute sure is that to love and to be loved is the greatest gift in
all creation. There is nothing more precious in life, nothing stronger,
and nothing more eternal. Love makes every moment ring with life. For
those you love, whether animal, human or God, Heaven is always in your
heart.

Lightwell
September 16th 06, 02:25 PM
Grawun wrote:
> That is a fascinating thought. I have had a lot of pets over my life
> but a few were very special. They were sweet, easy going and loving.
> Each had very similar personalities. Each came into my life at a time
> when I really needed comfort and help. I have wondered if they were
> the same little soul come to be with me when I needed them.

Here`s an excerpt from a channeling. It is rather long, hopefully
nobody minds.

Excerpt from: Live Kryon Channelling
"CURRENT EVENTS" Washington DC, April 10, 2005
As channelled by Lee Carroll for Kryon
To be found at:
http://www.kryon.com/k_chanelDC05.html

<<<... Animals and Reincarnation

On a lighter note, we interrupt the life and death discussion of Humans
to talk about animals. There are the questions not asked, but laying
there, of which you are more than curious. "Dear Kryon," it has been
asked, "do animals reincarnate?"...

Again, the Human Being looks at animals as one word that covers
trillions of entities on the planet. You believe that all of them
either do or don't reincarnate, and you want one answer for them all.
What if I was from another planet and communicated to you this
question: "What color are animals? I want one answer, please." You'd
laugh, and wonder what kind of singular consciousness I might have in
my reality to ask such a thing.

So I say to you regarding your reincarnation question: Which ones? "You
mean there's a difference, Kryon?" Oh, yes! We've already gone over the
purpose of animals on the planet. We've told you many things about
animals. We've told you that some of them are actually designed to be
eaten, and they come for this very purpose. We've indicated to you
what's wrong with the way you're treating them, and that you don't
honor them in their death, or even as you extract their resources while
they're alive. And that, my dear friends, is the reason there's disease
in the meat. When you start honoring these animals in their death so
that they can create the food that's needed for you, then you'll see
the disease disappear.

This is a factor that has yet to be named in your language or your
culture - the idea that there's an energy that the Human creates even
in the appropriate slaughter of animals for food, the results of which
change these animals and the health of the Human who consumes them. Why
is it that the indigenous knew about it and you don't? It's an energy
that addresses the consciousness of Gaia and the animal kingdom. It
addresses the way animals are honored in death.

Animals don't all reincarnate, but some do - if it's appropriate for
the Humans around them. Most of the animals on the planet don't
reincarnate, but there are a select group and individuals who do, and
even a "rule of thumb" that you can apply to those who do and those who
don't. When I tell you about the ones who do, you're going to
understand a little bit more about the process of who you are. Blessed
is the Human Being who walks this planet in lesson: Everything revolves
around you! It may not look like it, but it does. Gaia knows who you
are when you walk on the dirt! You have a light that you can strike
[create] and carry with you that will change the very elements around
you. Matter will respond to what you do because you are the angels
disguised as Human Beings.

Some of you have selected various animals on earth to be your partners
or friends, and you call them pets. Even some of the ones to be
slaughtered, if they have a Human who loves them, are pets... if only
for a while. These are the ones who reincarnate.

"Why should such a thing be, Kryon? How does that work? Do they have
souls? What's the 'rule' you speak of?" In a way, they do have souls,
but not as your souls are structured - not with the lessons your souls
carry, or the multiple aspects you have. They're not angels, but
they're support entities to those who are [Humans]. When they
reincarnate the reason is in honor of the Human Being, you see?
Animals, in general, don't last that long on the planet. You might have
this beautiful partner, this love essence that you have with an animal
pet-friend. Then that animal-friend disappears in death, for again,
they don't live that long. The rule of incarnations is, therefore, "If
the Human needs it, it happens." So there is a scenario created within
the system that helps Humans temper the loss of this love, and we'll
give it to you.

When your precious animal-friend dies, go look for another one right
away. Don't wait. Don't wait! I'll tell you why. Immediately go looking
in places where animal babies are. Make no presuppositions about the
kind of animal or the gender. Don't necessarily try to match the one
you lost. Instead, go to the places where you intuitively believe the
young animals are, and look into their eyes. One of them will be the
one... because it - and the Universe - knows intuitively where you're
going to look!

This is the system that honors you. Many know this and have said, "I
know this is so because when I found this other animal to be my partner
and my pet, it started doing the same things that my former animal did
- it even responded the same way to me." It's a beautiful system in
honor of you. It's an acknowledgment of a broken heart, you see? So you
can pick up where you left off.

Some may now ask, "What size animal are we talking about, Kryon? Is
there a limit?" We say, there you go again [Kryon smile]. What size do
you want? An elephant or a mouse? It doesn't make a difference. If
they're loved by you and part of your karmic energy, they'll
reincarnate. However, it might be prudent of you to intuitively look
for the size of animal that meets your living needs. God doesn't give
you an elephant when your mouse dies [laughter].....>>>

Again, if too long please anybody tell me how to include a clickable
link to a self created document, not a website.
The link to the original website I provided, but decided to put the
excerpt regarding animals here.

And - nothing to be sneered at - I am a scientifically thinking person
and a sceptic, but found the informations in these channelings
absolutely convincing and after having worked with many religious and
spiritual systems I found in those Kryon channelings the best
explanations for the physical and spiritual world. And, no, I don`t
want to discuss those things as here is not the right place. I just
wanted to share this information with Grawun.

Eva Quesnell
September 16th 06, 03:56 PM
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, TractorBoy1 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> grief.
>
> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
> Andrew

I don't remember who wrote this, but this is what I believe, too.

The Story of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone
here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and
hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play
together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine,
and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals
who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
they miss someone very special to them;who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes
are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to
break away from the group, flying over the green grass, hind
legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted,
and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling
together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The
happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .

Lightwell
September 16th 06, 04:33 PM
Eva Quesnell wrote:
> I don't remember who wrote this, but this is what I believe, too.
>
> The Story of the Rainbow Bridge
>
> Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge
> When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone
> here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and
> hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play
> together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine,
> and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals
> who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
> those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
> just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
>
> The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
> they miss someone very special to them;who had to be left behind.
>
> They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
> suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes
> are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to
> break away from the group, flying over the green grass, hind
> legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted,
> and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling
> together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The
> happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
> beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
> pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
>
> Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .

This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.

Eva Quesnell
September 16th 06, 06:59 PM
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Lightwell wrote:

> Eva Quesnell wrote:
>> I don't remember who wrote this, but this is what I believe, too.
>>
>> The Story of the Rainbow Bridge
>>
>> Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge
>> When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone
>> here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and
>> hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play
>> together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine,
>> and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals
>> who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
>> those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
>> just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
>>
>> The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing:
>> they miss someone very special to them;who had to be left behind.
>>
>> They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
>> suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes
>> are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to
>> break away from the group, flying over the green grass, hind
>> legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted,
>> and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling
>> together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The
>> happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
>> beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
>> pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
>>
>> Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .
>

> This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.

Ahhh, thank you. I just couldn't remember his name. :) It always makes
me cry. There will be a lot of critters there waiting for me!

Eva

The Polish-Kraut
September 16th 06, 07:23 PM
> Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .

Cross the bridge to where ??

Eva Quesnell
September 16th 06, 08:33 PM
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, The Polish-Kraut wrote:

>> Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .
>

> Cross the bridge to where ??

Cross the bridge to heaven.

TractorBoy1
September 16th 06, 08:50 PM
TractorBoy1 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
> grief.
>
> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
> be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
> Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your wonderful replies.
I do now believe that all creatures go to heaven and I firmly believe
in the Rainbow Bridge story.
A lady told me that our pets have a special place at the foot of the
Bridge which is just a few steps from heaven, and that when we meet up,
we shall cross the Bridge together.
I feel so much better.
Thank You.
Andrew.

Ryan Robbins
September 16th 06, 10:18 PM
"Eva Quesnell" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, TractorBoy1 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
>> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
>> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
>> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
>> grief.
>>
>> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
>> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
>> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
>> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
>> be hell to me, not heaven.
>>
>> I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
>> Andrew
>
> I don't remember who wrote this, but this is what I believe, too.

The original version was written by the author I referred to earlier,
Wallace Sife. In the original, there is no "Rainbow Bridge."

Ryan Robbins
September 16th 06, 10:24 PM
"Lightwell" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.

Apparently he stole it, though. Wallace Sife claims authorship of the
original version, published in the "early 1970s for the California Dog's
Club newsletter," according to Sife's book "The Loss of a Pet." "It has
since appeared as many forms, ascribed to an anonymous author."

The original is written much better. I will not copy it here because it is
copyrighted.

Ryan Robbins
September 16th 06, 10:30 PM
"Ryan Robbins" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Lightwell" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.
>
> Apparently he stole it, though. Wallace Sife claims authorship of the
> original version, published in the "early 1970s for the California Dog's
> Club newsletter," according to Sife's book "The Loss of a Pet." "It has
> since appeared as many forms, ascribed to an anonymous author."
>
> The original is written much better. I will not copy it here because it is
> copyrighted.

I just checked, and the essay is online at
http://www.aplb.org/books/rainbow.shtml.

Lightwell
September 17th 06, 12:26 PM
Ryan Robbins schrieb:

> "Ryan Robbins" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Lightwell" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >>
> >> This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.
> >
> > Apparently he stole it, though. Wallace Sife claims authorship of the
> > original version, published in the "early 1970s for the California Dog's
> > Club newsletter," according to Sife's book "The Loss of a Pet." "It has
> > since appeared as many forms, ascribed to an anonymous author."
> >
> > The original is written much better. I will not copy it here because it is
> > copyrighted.
>
> I just checked, and the essay is online at
> http://www.aplb.org/books/rainbow.shtml.

Thank you for the information. I googled and found this site:
http://cats.about.com/od/lossandgrieving/a/rainbowbridge_2.htm

There are three authors mentioned which claim the copyright. <sigh>

Now I understand why so many websites write "author unknown".<g>

bfn

Lightwell
September 17th 06, 12:27 PM
Ryan Robbins schrieb:

> "Ryan Robbins" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > "Lightwell" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >>
> >> This beautiful story was written by Paul C. Dahm.
> >
> > Apparently he stole it, though. Wallace Sife claims authorship of the
> > original version, published in the "early 1970s for the California Dog's
> > Club newsletter," according to Sife's book "The Loss of a Pet." "It has
> > since appeared as many forms, ascribed to an anonymous author."
> >
> > The original is written much better. I will not copy it here because it is
> > copyrighted.
>
> I just checked, and the essay is online at
> http://www.aplb.org/books/rainbow.shtml.

Thank you for the information. I googled and found this site:
http://cats.about.com/od/lossandgrieving/a/rainbowbridge_2.htm

There are three authors mentioned which claim the copyright. <sigh>

Now I understand why so many websites write "author unknown".<g>

bfn

meeee
September 20th 06, 12:01 AM
"Ryan Robbins" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "TractorBoy1" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
>> pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
>> terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
>> created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
>> grief.
>>
>> I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
>> that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
>> be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
>> with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
>> be hell to me, not heaven.
>
> You might be interested in reading "The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping
> With The Grieving Process When A Pet Dies," by Wallace Sife, a clinical
> psychologist who helped found the Association for Pet Loss and
> Bereavement. I found the book to be comforting after my Sara died in April
> from chronic renal failure.
>
> One of the book's chapters deals with religions' attitudes toward animals
> when it comes to an animal's death. There is nothing in the Bible that
> states that animals cannot go to heaven or that animals do not have a
> soul.
>
> "There are those who ask the question, 'Do animals have souls like ours,
> and will they be with us in an afterlife?'" the Reverend Canon Joel A.
> Gibson writes in Sife's book. "... It is not so important to search for
> the answer to that which only God knows, as to trust that which God loved
> is always under God's care. We, as a people of faith, are our own proof of
> this comforting truth."
>
> The paperback edition retails for $15.

There is one verse, however, in Ecclesiastes (not sure where) where the
writer asks (paraphrased) basically, 'how can we say whether our spirit goes
upwards to heaven and the spirit of an animal goes down into the earth'. I
suppose he would have been talking about the religious beliefs of his day,
and questioning how we hoomins think we decide or know the unknowable. And
as that's in The Bible itself, it must be there for a reason.....I'm
inclined to think, who are we to say, and people who do say, 'I know such
and such because I know' are just putting their fingers in their ears and
going 'la la la' at logic. I don't think a merciful God, who said he knows
when the smallest sparrow dies, would totally ignore animals. St Francis of
Assisi thought similarly I believe....

dgk
September 21st 06, 02:48 PM
On 16 Sep 2006 01:21:09 -0700, "TractorBoy1"
> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
>pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
>terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
>created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
>grief.
>
>I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
>that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
>be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
>with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
>be hell to me, not heaven.
>
>I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
>Andrew

What a good question. I've never believed in any organized religion
because they just don't make sense to me, but it does make sense that
we're here for some reason. Agnotic rather than Athiest. Perhaps we're
some 6th grade god's science project?

However, the universe exists and it's difficult to believe that there
is no reason for it, so perhaps when we die we do continue somewhere
else. My mother said it best to one of her good friends, a very devout
Christian. If you're right, you'll wake up in Heaven for sure, and if
you're wrong, you'll never know.

I don't want to be in any heaven that doesn't allow Nico (the wonder
cat), Bushky, Jackie, or Luckyboy. I hope they do bar mosquitos
though, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Outsider
September 23rd 06, 01:34 AM
dgk > wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

> On 16 Sep 2006 01:21:09 -0700, "TractorBoy1"
> > wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I was wondering if any of you believe that animals, particularly our
>>pets go to heaven. I lost my cat a few months ago and was experiencing
>>terrible grief. I stumbled across a website called apetcemetery.com. I
>>created a memorial there and it helped a lot with me coping with my
>>grief.
>>
>>I was mentioning this to a fellow member of my congregation and he said
>>that Pets do not go to heaven, only humans can go to heaven. Can this
>>be true? I couldn't bear to be in a place where I wouldn't be re-united
>>with my babies who have been my best friends in the world. That would
>>be hell to me, not heaven.
>>
>>I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
>>Andrew
>
> What a good question. I've never believed in any organized religion
> because they just don't make sense to me, but it does make sense that
> we're here for some reason. Agnotic rather than Athiest. Perhaps we're
> some 6th grade god's science project?
>
> However, the universe exists and it's difficult to believe that there
> is no reason for it, so perhaps when we die we do continue somewhere
> else. My mother said it best to one of her good friends, a very devout
> Christian. If you're right, you'll wake up in Heaven for sure, and if
> you're wrong, you'll never know.
>
> I don't want to be in any heaven that doesn't allow Nico (the wonder
> cat), Bushky, Jackie, or Luckyboy. I hope they do bar mosquitos
> though, we have to draw the line somewhere.

I should wonder more if people deserve to go to heaven. Pets are a shoe-
in.

September 25th 06, 03:54 AM
I think theres a mug out there "God forbid I go to a heaven without
horses" Matter and Energy can't be created or destroyed just
changed...this is sciencetific principle...so I'm not sure that humans
are going to "heaven" either but I know there has to be an afterlife
for everyone. Snotherwards, if you think about it, how can they or
anything else not? Its sciencetifically impossible...-Kenda