PDA

View Full Version : Uh.. yuck

September 19th 06, 04:59 AM
I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
just... gross...

....and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
use it.

That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

22brix
September 19th 06, 06:18 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
> auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
> that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
> realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
> and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
> just... gross...
>
> ...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
> thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
> I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
> use it.
>
> That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

We had a similar experience with a meat slicer--still had bits of meat on it
when we opened the box!

Bonnie

In article om>,
says...
> I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
> auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
> that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
> realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
> and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
> just... gross...
>
> ...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
> thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
> I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
> use it.
>
> That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

The pumps are easy to clean. The front snaps right off.

Every couple weeks I have to clean the pump on mine becuase it gets
clogged with cat hair of all things.

September 21st 06, 02:34 PM
Yep... when I took it out of the box, I cleaned it up... but I was too
nervous to let my cat use it. I have to clean his pump once a week or
every other week too... but I was rather disgusted that I bought that
in that condition.

I went back the next day and found a brand new un-opened one... after
telling the woman the condition the other was in, I don't think she put
it back out for sale.
T wrote:
> In article om>,
> says...
> > I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
> > auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
> > that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
> > realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
> > and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
> > just... gross...
> >
> > ...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
> > thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
> > I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
> > use it.
> >
> > That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.
> >

> The pumps are easy to clean. The front snaps right off.
>
> Every couple weeks I have to clean the pump on mine becuase it gets
> clogged with cat hair of all things.

Deeanna
September 22nd 06, 03:40 AM
If I were the Petsmart manager, I would be terribly embarassed.

I returned some litter boxes to Petsmart because my cats did not like
them. Before I did, though, I cleaned them thoroughly with bleach.
Can you imagine if a Petsmart put a used cat box on the shelf? It
would almost put me off of the store if I were to find something like
that.

wrote:
> I went to Petsmart today and was going to pick up one of those
> auto-waterer deals for my cat. When I got home I realized I got one
> that had been opened and returned. I went to put it together and
> realized that someone had bought it, used it, the pump got clogged up
> and they returned it... as-is... plugged up, dirty, very used and
> just... gross...
>
> ...and they put it back on the shelf that way to re-sell???!!! I
> thought stores had to check over the returns before they re-sold them?
> I'm glad I checked it out before I just put it together and let my cat
> use it.
>
> That grossed me out so bad... Just... thought I'd share.

September 22nd 06, 04:52 AM
That would totally be disgusting.... I was amazed that they re-sold
that one without obviously checking it first. I was so grossed out and
mad. I love Petsmart (it's my choice between that and Petco,
personally), but that really disappointed me and made me very wary. I
will definitely be more aware and careful next time I purchase anything
there again.