PDA

View Full Version : there is goodness in this world

the furor
September 19th 06, 05:17 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-animal-shelters_x.htm

Calvin
September 19th 06, 05:47 PM
the furor wrote:
> http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-animal-shelters_x.htm

Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)

When a stray cat is captured, spay/neuter it in as humane and
comfortable way as it can be done, and after its recovery release
it to the wild within this area. Maintain plenty of dry food and
water at various points around the perimeter of the area, and
leave the cats to their own lives.

Any rich person could provide and maintain such cat colonies
at negligible expense. The Bill Gates Foundation could do
enough of this to eliminate all cat euthanizing (for other than
hopeless health conditions) in the U.S. indefinitely, with the
expense of it not even being noticed by the Foundation.

If I was rich, this is what I would do.

the furor
September 20th 06, 04:03 AM
Calvin wrote:
> the furor wrote:
> > http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-animal-shelters_x.htm
>
> Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
> in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
> is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
> part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
> fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
> proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
> who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
> other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)
>
> When a stray cat is captured, spay/neuter it in as humane and
> comfortable way as it can be done, and after its recovery release
> it to the wild within this area. Maintain plenty of dry food and
> water at various points around the perimeter of the area, and
> leave the cats to their own lives.
>
> Any rich person could provide and maintain such cat colonies
> at negligible expense. The Bill Gates Foundation could do
> enough of this to eliminate all cat euthanizing (for other than
> hopeless health conditions) in the U.S. indefinitely, with the
> expense of it not even being noticed by the Foundation.
>
> If I was rich, this is what I would do.

brilliant idea. i agree with this.

Tom+Gracie+Jenny
September 21st 06, 02:42 AM
the furor wrote:
> Calvin wrote:
> > the furor wrote:
> > > http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-animal-shelters_x.htm
> >
> > Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
> > in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
> > is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
> > part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
> > fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
> > proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
> > who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
> > other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)
> >
> > When a stray cat is captured, spay/neuter it in as humane and
> > comfortable way as it can be done, and after its recovery release
> > it to the wild within this area. Maintain plenty of dry food and
> > water at various points around the perimeter of the area, and
> > leave the cats to their own lives.
> >
> > Any rich person could provide and maintain such cat colonies
> > at negligible expense. The Bill Gates Foundation could do
> > enough of this to eliminate all cat euthanizing (for other than
> > hopeless health conditions) in the U.S. indefinitely, with the
> > expense of it not even being noticed by the Foundation.
> >
> > If I was rich, this is what I would do.
>
> brilliant idea. i agree with this.

What an amazing idea. I love it.

September 22nd 06, 08:05 AM
Calvin ha escrito:

> the furor wrote:
> > http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-18-animal-shelters_x.htm
>
> Nice as this is, and hopefully there will be much more of it,
> in the interest of eliminating the euthanizing of cats, here
> is a more modest suggestion. Find a wooded area in some
> part of the country where land is cheap, and build a cat-proof
> fence around it. I know it can be done cheaply. I have a cat
> proof fence around my backyard, where I keep seven cats,
> who also have the run of my downstairs indoor area. (Three
> other cats are free in the upstairs and outdoors.)

it is a well known fact that excessive exposure to cats produces
schitzophrenia cuz of compenents in cat poo and as you said you sleep
with 10 cats. you're done, mate, have you already started seeing flying
orangutans?

> When a stray cat is captured, spay/neuter it in as humane and
> comfortable way as it can be done, and after its recovery release
> it to the wild within this area. Maintain plenty of dry food and
> water at various points around the perimeter of the area, and
> leave the cats to their own lives.
>
> Any rich person could provide and maintain such cat colonies
> at negligible expense. The Bill Gates Foundation could do
> enough of this to eliminate all cat euthanizing (for other than
> hopeless health conditions) in the U.S. indefinitely, with the
> expense of it not even being noticed by the Foundation.
>
> If I was rich, this is what I would do.

Calvin
September 22nd 06, 04:00 PM
wrote:
> it is a well known fact that excessive exposure to cats produces
> schitzophrenia cuz of compenents in cat poo and as you said you sleep
> with 10 cats. you're done, mate, have you already started seeing flying
> orangutans?

That might be amusing except that spreading myths about
cats leads to cruelty to cats. Please stop doing it.