PDA

View Full Version : Good source for cat tree/condo, etc.

mdsu
September 21st 06, 11:56 PM
I'm adopting 2 cats from the local humane society. They are both a year
old and very active. I want to buy a cat tree/condo. I'd appreciate it
if someone would suggest a good source other than Petco and Petsmart.

Thanks very much for your help.

Rich

cybercat
September 22nd 06, 12:12 AM
"mdsu" > wrote in message
> I'm adopting 2 cats from the local humane society. They are both a year
> old and very active. I want to buy a cat tree/condo. I'd appreciate it
> if someone would suggest a good source other than Petco and Petsmart.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.

Ebay.

http://tinyurl.com/zsv55

99 cents, but note shipping--about $70 to where I am.

Here is another that comes to about $40 with shipping:

http://tinyurl.com/fcjpg

There are lots.

But why not Petsmart? Their prices are really good. I recently bought
a simple scratcher that was maybe $15, but is so smart as it is actually
TALL enough that my girls can get a good stretch in. It is heavy, with
a nice balanced base and nice carpet.

blkcatgal
September 22nd 06, 04:28 AM
I bought mine from catsplay.com. It was a little pricey but very well made,
sturdy and looks good. The cats love it.

Sue

"mdsu" > wrote in message
> I'm adopting 2 cats from the local humane society. They are both a year
> old and very active. I want to buy a cat tree/condo. I'd appreciate it if
> someone would suggest a good source other than Petco and Petsmart.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Rich

Rhonda
September 22nd 06, 07:17 AM
I've purchased a couple on ebay. The one by this seller was by far the
most sturdy:

http://www.catcondoheaven.com/

Rhonda

mdsu wrote:
> I'm adopting 2 cats from the local humane society. They are both a year
> old and very active. I want to buy a cat tree/condo. I'd appreciate it
> if someone would suggest a good source other than Petco and Petsmart.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Rich

cybercat
September 22nd 06, 03:17 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> I've purchased a couple on ebay. The one by this seller was by far the
> most sturdy:
>
> http://www.catcondoheaven.com/

Which one did you get? I love the 7-level one.

Rhonda
September 22nd 06, 06:36 PM
ybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>
>>I've purchased a couple on ebay. The one by this seller was by far the
>>most sturdy:
>>
>>http://www.catcondoheaven.com/
>>

> Which one did you get? I love the 7-level one.

I don't see it on his site anymore! It is similar to the triple 7, but
not as many posts at the top. It was 80 or 84 inches tall. When one cat
made it to the top level, her back was against the ceiling, and she was
afraid to come down! We ended up taking off the little house and that
top level and now our oldest cat loves that section as his own mini cat
tree.

Rhonda