PDA

View Full Version : Kitten behavior after receiving shots.

DB3565
September 22nd 06, 03:16 AM
I am a first time owner of a kitten (almost 12 weeks old). She has
been sleeping all day after receiving her shots. Is this normal
behavior and should I expect this in the future? Thanks in advance.

Niel Humphreys
September 22nd 06, 04:15 AM
"DB3565" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I am a first time owner of a kitten (almost 12 weeks old). She has
> been sleeping all day after receiving her shots. Is this normal
> behavior and should I expect this in the future? Thanks in advance.

Pretty much, she's probably feeling a bit rough. Remember shots are really
weak versions of the full disease they are protecting your kitty from so the
kit will not be 100% until her body builds up the antibodies and deals with
the weak germies floating around in her. It always slows mine down for a day
after, sometimes two.

--

Niel H

September 22nd 06, 04:56 AM
I would say yes, definitely. Whenever Taz gets his, he's real sluggish
and just... umph. He can't be bothered... and he wants to be left
alone. It's nothing to worry about. :o)

Matthew
September 22nd 06, 05:02 AM
Is he responding to touch and sounds
I am making sure he is not lethargic if he is there can be a problem

"DB3565" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I am a first time owner of a kitten (almost 12 weeks old). She has
> been sleeping all day after receiving her shots. Is this normal
> behavior and should I expect this in the future? Thanks in advance.

Rhonda
September 22nd 06, 07:04 AM
Our kittens were down for about a day afterwards. I felt so sorry for them.

The shot that has the distemper and URI virus stuff can cause them to
have a fever for a day or so.

Rhonda