PDA

View Full Version : Nipsy upchucks big time (don't read while eating)

dgk
September 22nd 06, 01:59 PM
We had finished breakfast and were gathering around for the
Temptations desert. I put some in front of Espy on the floor and some
for Nipsy on the bed, as usual. Nipsy sniffs them and walks to the end
of the bed. Hmm says I. That's odd. Then he makes a few odd mewling
noises and I'm starting to wonder if I'm still going to work or
whether we're heading to the vet.

He hops down on the floor and lays there for a minute, then begins the
heaves. Oh, I see, it must be a rare hairball. Neither cat really gets
too many of those. Then up it comes, a massive amount of ick,
including one sluggy looking hairball.

It looks like someone poured a pitcher of foul slime on the floor. I
just couldn't believe that so much stuff came out of that cat. It took
ten minutes to clean it all up.

And I don't know why we call those things hairballs anyway. HairSlugs
is more like it.

I put out some more Temptations for Nipsy since Espy took full
advantage of the situation and ate Nipsy's. Nipsy scoffed them down
and all is well again. Off to work it is.

-L.
September 22nd 06, 08:28 PM
dgk wrote:
> And I don't know why we call those things hairballs anyway. HairSlugs
> is more like it.

My cat pukes some so big I cannot believe they have come out of him.
He tends to get them really badly and I'm not sure why.

-L.

Kats'n Us
September 23rd 06, 08:39 PM
dgk wrote:
> We had finished breakfast and were gathering around for the
> Temptations desert. I put some in front of Espy on the floor and some
> for Nipsy on the bed, as usual. Nipsy sniffs them and walks to the end
> of the bed. Hmm says I. That's odd. Then he makes a few odd mewling
> noises and I'm starting to wonder if I'm still going to work or
> whether we're heading to the vet.
>
> He hops down on the floor and lays there for a minute, then begins the
> heaves. Oh, I see, it must be a rare hairball. Neither cat really gets
> too many of those. Then up it comes, a massive amount of ick,
> including one sluggy looking hairball.
>
> It looks like someone poured a pitcher of foul slime on the floor. I
> just couldn't believe that so much stuff came out of that cat. It took
> ten minutes to clean it all up.
>
> And I don't know why we call those things hairballs anyway. HairSlugs
> is more like it.
>
> I put out some more Temptations for Nipsy since Espy took full
> advantage of the situation and ate Nipsy's. Nipsy scoffed them down
> and all is well again. Off to work it is.

I find hairballs once and awhile. I have four cats and no one
confesses. They are indoor/outdoor cats and for some reason they do it
in the house. It is like they want me to find it but won't tell me who
did it! Maybe they work as a team so they all get treats!Sue