PDA

View Full Version : Yowling

Vinnie34
September 24th 06, 06:47 PM
I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
night.
I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between 2:00
am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

Gail
September 24th 06, 08:02 PM
Do you keep food out for him at night?
Gail
"Vinnie34" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
> night.
> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between
> 2:00
> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

Kenda
September 25th 06, 06:25 AM
try umm staying in bed until you wnat to get up and maybe adapting his
yowling to a different time..basically ignore him until say the time
you are up for the day say in my case its about 5 in the morning. Feed
him when you get up everymorning and right before you go to bed at
night...I have an alarm clock cat too of course I want him to be that
way...and it can be rather irritating not to mention a noise nuisance
if you live in an apartment...also make sure that you scoop his/her
litter box every night before going to bed and see if htat helps...you
could even set an alarm that gets you up at the same time each day and
feed him only ater the alarm goes off and see if he starts to associate
the alarm clock wtih the time he's suppose to yowl..and if you feed him
immediately..it just might quiet him down...ignore and modify ignore
and modify..-Kenda
Vinnie34 wrote:
> I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
> night.
> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between 2:00
> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

boot
September 26th 06, 11:57 AM
Vinnie34 wrote:
> I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
> night.
> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between 2:00
> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

I read recently that someone who researched why cats meow determined it
was for attention.

I have a yowly half siamese cat. She quiets down if I pick her up and
carry her around the house for a bit, so it seems like she does need
some cuddly type attention.

She also gets very loud about having a can of Fancy Feast once a day.
they are such creatures of habit, so if he yowls when you are getting
up, he is probably trying to start off your day together with some
togetherness, some bonding. Have you tried picking him up at 2 and
suffocating him with some lovin? Then maybe he will let you go back to
bed.

I'm a day sleeper, so my cats have adapted well to that.

Hey, good luck! Carol :)

meeee
September 26th 06, 03:02 PM
"Vinnie34" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
> night.
> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between
> 2:00
> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

I have a yowler. Be aware that it takes up to 1 year for the hormones to
disappear fully from a cat's body, so if he was only recently neutered he
may still be having 'urges'. Nothing worked on mine except steadfastly
ignoring him. I tried moving him to an outside pen at night, giving him
attention, food. Nothing worked. He still yowls if I get up at night, but I
turn the lights off again immediately and don't even talk to him or look at
him (he has his own 'bedroom' with the other cats) and he stops again. Mind
you it took about 2 weeks to 'break the habit' for him, and the only way was
to refuse to reward the yowling with attention. Be strong!! Buy earplugs!!
Give it 2 weeks....and make sure he gets sufficient daytime attention so he
doesn't feel needy at night.

Vinnie34 via CatKB.com
September 27th 06, 01:39 AM
meeee wrote:
>>I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
>> night.
>> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between
>> 2:00
>> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!
>
>I have a yowler. Be aware that it takes up to 1 year for the hormones to
>disappear fully from a cat's body, so if he was only recently neutered he
>may still be having 'urges'. Nothing worked on mine except steadfastly
>ignoring him. I tried moving him to an outside pen at night, giving him
>attention, food. Nothing worked. He still yowls if I get up at night, but I
>turn the lights off again immediately and don't even talk to him or look at
>him (he has his own 'bedroom' with the other cats) and he stops again. Mind
>you it took about 2 weeks to 'break the habit' for him, and the only way was
>to refuse to reward the yowling with attention. Be strong!! Buy earplugs!!
>Give it 2 weeks....and make sure he gets sufficient daytime attention so he
>doesn't feel needy at night.

Thank you for all the helpful info, I do belive he was neutered just before I
adopted him and do think he yowls all night for attention or loneliness
because he quiets down when I bring him to bed with me, but gets up again
after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but would
love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck

meeee
September 27th 06, 03:42 AM
"Vinnie34 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> meeee wrote:
>>>I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls
>>>at
>>> night.
>>> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between
>>> 2:00
>>> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!
>>
>>I have a yowler. Be aware that it takes up to 1 year for the hormones to
>>disappear fully from a cat's body, so if he was only recently neutered he
>>may still be having 'urges'. Nothing worked on mine except steadfastly
>>ignoring him. I tried moving him to an outside pen at night, giving him
>>attention, food. Nothing worked. He still yowls if I get up at night, but
>>turn the lights off again immediately and don't even talk to him or look
>>at
>>him (he has his own 'bedroom' with the other cats) and he stops again.
>>Mind
>>you it took about 2 weeks to 'break the habit' for him, and the only way
>>was
>>to refuse to reward the yowling with attention. Be strong!! Buy earplugs!!
>>Give it 2 weeks....and make sure he gets sufficient daytime attention so
>>he
>>doesn't feel needy at night.
>
> Thank you for all the helpful info, I do belive he was neutered just
> before I
> adopted him and do think he yowls all night for attention or loneliness
> because he quiets down when I bring him to bed with me, but gets up again
> after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but would
> love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck

Good luck, I would advise not allowing him to sleep with you at this stage
as he will not sleep through, but will wake periodically to yowl. I know it
is hard, but shut him away from you, and don't even talk to him or open the
door when he yowls; this is teaching him that by yowling he gets what he
wants (your attention).Keep in mind that he doesn't need your attention he
just wants it. It is not too late to train him; if you train him to yowl
every time he wants something he will never stop. But if you train him that
things happen at a certain time, regardless of his yowling, eg you pat him
after you get up at 7am and not before, no matter how much he yowls, then he
will soon stop. Right now he thinks that the minute he yowls you come
running. This is not what you want him to think. You want him to think that
every morning, at 7am AND NOT BEFORE you get up and lavish attention on him
(or whatever time you choose). Most importantly do not respond to the yowls,
no matter how heartbreaking they may be. Tell yourself that he doesn't
'need' cuddles right now, he needs cuddles regularly, but he won't be
psychologically damaged or doubt you if you don't cuddle him the minute he
yowls. Instead he will learn that behaving anti socially is fine and you
will put up with it. Cats like routine, and the sooner you make him aware of
your routine, he will feel a lot more secure, knowing that at x am you will
get up and feed/pat him. This will decrease his anxiety and also the
yowling. Sorry if this is over-long and convoluted but I hoep it helps.
Good luck

boot
September 27th 06, 04:46 AM
meeee wrote:
> [...]
> running. This is not what you want him to think. You want him to think that
> every morning, at 7am AND NOT BEFORE you get up and lavish attention on him
> (or whatever time you choose). Most importantly do not respond to the yowls,
> no matter how heartbreaking they may be. Tell yourself that he doesn't
> 'need' cuddles right now, he needs cuddles regularly, but he won't be
> psychologically damaged or doubt you if you don't cuddle him the minute he
> yowls. Instead he will learn that behaving anti socially is fine and you
> will put up with it. Cats like routine, and the sooner you make him aware of
> your routine, he will feel a lot more secure, knowing that at x am you will
> get up and feed/pat him. This will decrease his anxiety and also the
> yowling. Sorry if this is over-long and convoluted but I hoep it helps.

Right on! I realized after reading your solution that what I suggested
would have established a routine for the cat to yowl at 2 a.m. every
day. Routine is everything with a cat. \\\\{^.".^}}~///// (cat in
grass)

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 05:38 AM
Vinnie34 wrote:
> I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls at
> night.
> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between 2:00
> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!

can't you just put that look of shame on him? no you cannot, you're
pussy whipped

look, i hate to be ugly about this, i really want to help.. but you're
gonna have to pretend that you are going to **** the cat up

just pretend

they like that

get you a couple of cans of green beans or cans of corn

when he yowls.. go upside the wall, or the door, or the floor with the
green beans or corn!

if that don't break him, get a broom and come down beside him..

WHAM!

I TOLD YOU MUTHER****ER YOU AINT' GONNA RUN THIS ****ING HOUSE!!!

WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!
(chase him with it)...

make him go under the bed...
he'll stop

meeee
September 27th 06, 06:32 AM
"boot" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> "Vinnie34 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]

>> > Thank you for all the helpful info, I do belive he was neutered just
>> > before I
>> > adopted him and do think he yowls all night for attention or loneliness
>> > because he quiets down when I bring him to bed with me, but gets up
>> > again
>> > after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but
>> > would
>> > love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck
>> >

>> Good luck, I would advise not allowing him to sleep with you at this
>> stage
>> as he will not sleep through, but will wake periodically to yowl. I know
>> it
>> is hard, but shut him away from you, and don't even talk to him or open
>> the
>> door when he yowls; this is teaching him that by yowling he gets what he
>> wants (your attention).Keep in mind that he doesn't need your attention
>> he
>> just wants it. It is not too late to train him; if you train him to yowl
>> every time he wants something he will never stop. But if you train him
>> that
>> things happen at a certain time, regardless of his yowling, eg you pat
>> him
>> after you get up at 7am and not before, no matter how much he yowls, then
>> he
>> will soon stop. Right now he thinks that the minute he yowls you come
>> running. This is not what you want him to think. You want him to think
>> that
>> every morning, at 7am AND NOT BEFORE you get up and lavish attention on
>> him
>> (or whatever time you choose). Most importantly do not respond to the
>> yowls,
>> no matter how heartbreaking they may be. Tell yourself that he doesn't
>> 'need' cuddles right now, he needs cuddles regularly, but he won't be
>> psychologically damaged or doubt you if you don't cuddle him the minute
>> he
>> yowls. Instead he will learn that behaving anti socially is fine and you
>> will put up with it. Cats like routine, and the sooner you make him aware
>> of
>> your routine, he will feel a lot more secure, knowing that at x am you
>> will
>> get up and feed/pat him. This will decrease his anxiety and also the
>> yowling. Sorry if this is over-long and convoluted but I hoep it helps.
>> Good luck
>> > --
>> >

> Right on! I realized after reading your solution that what I suggested
> would have established a routine for the cat to yowl at 2 a.m. every
> day. Routine is everything with a cat. \\\\{^.".^}}~///// (cat in
> grass)

And don't I know it....(currently trying to retrain female cat not to
scratch doors for attention....worse than yowling believe me!!) and I like
your 'cat in grass' thing, I am never smart enough to figure out how to make
those thingys.

meeee
September 27th 06, 06:33 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> Vinnie34 wrote:
>> I adopted a 6 yr. old nutered male cat 6 mths ago who from day one yowls
>> at
>> night.
>> I've taken his to the vet, tried ALL suggestions, but each night between
>> 2:00
>> am and 5:00am when I get up he yowls...Help!
>
> can't you just put that look of shame on him? no you cannot, you're
> pussy whipped
>
> look, i hate to be ugly about this, i really want to help.. but you're
> gonna have to pretend that you are going to **** the cat up
>
> just pretend
>
> they like that
>
> get you a couple of cans of green beans or cans of corn
>
> when he yowls.. go upside the wall, or the door, or the floor with the
> green beans or corn!
>
> if that don't break him, get a broom and come down beside him..
>
> WHAM!
>
> I TOLD YOU MUTHER****ER YOU AINT' GONNA RUN THIS ****ING HOUSE!!!
>
> WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!
> (chase him with it)...
>
> make him go under the bed...
> he'll stop

Um, yeah, that sounds like a great plan. Ignore everyone else's advice and
do this....yeah, that will REALLY make your cat happy. Trust him. He knows.
In fact he knows everything. If you ask him that is.....

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 06:49 AM
meeee wrote:

> Um, yeah, that sounds like a great plan. Ignore everyone else's advice and
> do this....yeah, that will REALLY make your cat happy. Trust him. He knows.
> In fact he knows everything. If you ask him that is.....

cat wants to go outside
HE CAN'T GO OUTSIDE

not now not ever

i suppose you wants to "ask" the cat, what he wants, ha

he will say, "I wanna go outside dad, please!"

you have to overwrite his programming, it's not a pretty thing
but neither is yowling in the middle of the night

i figure dude didn't come here to play tiddly winks, he wanted
solutions
something that would work

you have to see him his yowling and raise him something, it's got to be
bigger than the yowling

for example, I am engrossed in solitude just now.. no cats.. i love
them real good, they love me.. but.. if i let them, they would be all
over my bed, on the mantle, under the bed, on the keyboard, sampling my
snacks etc... that's their jobs

you've heard of collectors, people who take in alot of cats
we have a few of them here in this news group

they keep taking cats on, or some of the cats have litters and they
just keep spreading like wildfire... totally irresponsible, but I don't
condemn the collectors.. it's another subject someone should bring up

every single collector story i've ever heard ends in one of two ways
(so far I've never seen an exception)

one, the collector abandons the hive
or
local authorities come in and remove the cats

how many stories have we heard where neighbors report a smell, the
authorities show up and find, cats in the walls, cats crapping on
everything, no food.. dead cats.. etc..
we all know a cat will eat a cat, a cat will eat its owner
the collector will eventually abandon for mental preservation

this is the same thing that is going on with the original poster, he is
being depraved of sleep (thats what happens with collectors.. it's one
of the reasons they abandon)

soo. without sleep.. the OP's job and family is going to be affected..
(eventually)

a human should run the home and decide the rules, not the cat
the op has a real challenge in removing this leapords spots

if he pussyfoots around with this.. it's going to frustrate the cat
if he stalks the cat and pretends he is going to "do something" to the
cat... he is sending a very clear message, one that the yowler will get
on the first or second lesson.

alot like two alley cats fighting. one will reach out and scream bloody
murder and at the same time slice off some of it's opponents ear.. a
very clear message

it's just my view

meeee
September 27th 06, 07:42 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
>> Um, yeah, that sounds like a great plan. Ignore everyone else's advice
>> and
>> do this....yeah, that will REALLY make your cat happy. Trust him. He
>> knows.
>> In fact he knows everything. If you ask him that is.....
>
> cat wants to go outside
> HE CAN'T GO OUTSIDE
>
> not now not ever
>
> i suppose you wants to "ask" the cat, what he wants, ha
>
> he will say, "I wanna go outside dad, please!"
>
> you have to overwrite his programming, it's not a pretty thing
> but neither is yowling in the middle of the night
>
> i figure dude didn't come here to play tiddly winks, he wanted
> solutions
> something that would work
>
> you have to see him his yowling and raise him something, it's got to be
> bigger than the yowling
>
> for example, I am engrossed in solitude just now.. no cats.. i love
> them real good, they love me.. but.. if i let them, they would be all
> over my bed, on the mantle, under the bed, on the keyboard, sampling my
> snacks etc... that's their jobs
>
> you've heard of collectors, people who take in alot of cats
> we have a few of them here in this news group
>
> they keep taking cats on, or some of the cats have litters and they
> just keep spreading like wildfire... totally irresponsible, but I don't
> condemn the collectors.. it's another subject someone should bring up
>
> every single collector story i've ever heard ends in one of two ways
> (so far I've never seen an exception)
>
> one, the collector abandons the hive
> or
> local authorities come in and remove the cats
>
> how many stories have we heard where neighbors report a smell, the
> authorities show up and find, cats in the walls, cats crapping on
> everything, no food.. dead cats.. etc..
> we all know a cat will eat a cat, a cat will eat its owner
> the collector will eventually abandon for mental preservation
>
> this is the same thing that is going on with the original poster, he is
> being depraved of sleep (thats what happens with collectors.. it's one
> of the reasons they abandon)
>
> soo. without sleep.. the OP's job and family is going to be affected..
> (eventually)
>
> a human should run the home and decide the rules, not the cat
> the op has a real challenge in removing this leapords spots
>
> if he pussyfoots around with this.. it's going to frustrate the cat
> if he stalks the cat and pretends he is going to "do something" to the
> cat... he is sending a very clear message, one that the yowler will get
> on the first or second lesson.
>
> alot like two alley cats fighting. one will reach out and scream bloody
> murder and at the same time slice off some of it's opponents ear.. a
> very clear message
>
> it's just my view

Ok fair enough. i don't think you need to worry though. I've lived through
yowling cats without hitting them with brooms, I agree you have to think
like a cat, but like the cats mother or littermate, not opponent. Yes they
do that, the ear slicing etc but they don't exactly like each other
afterwards. I think that the OP wants his cat to like him still; so
retraining him is half the battle. Right now he is sending the message 'yowl
and you get what you want' Unfortunately cats' don't connect 'yowl' and
'whack with a broom' as, IME, they only think about getting what they want.
Animals tend to blame negative events with the area or person causing the
event in their eyes. They don't link negative events with their behaviour.
If they did, your approach would work. But the cat doesn't understand that
yowling is annoying, just that yowling= attention. So withdraw the
yowling-linked attention, and the yowling stops. I have 6 cats and I run my
home. We have rules that they follow. One of which is not annoying people at
night, and during meal times.

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 12:37 PM
meeee wrote:

I have 6 cats and I run my
> home. We have rules that they follow. One of which is not annoying people at
> night, and during meal times.

That's a good handful of cats, have you shared pictures yet?

maybe Vic needs to hide the fact that he's up in the middle fo the
night every night

after all, Yowlie on yowls after Vic get up

Vinnie34 via CatKB.com
September 27th 06, 10:09 PM
meeee wrote:
>[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
>> after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but would
>> love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck
>
>Good luck, I would advise not allowing him to sleep with you at this stage
>as he will not sleep through, but will wake periodically to yowl. I know it
>is hard, but shut him away from you, and don't even talk to him or open the
>door when he yowls; this is teaching him that by yowling he gets what he
>wants (your attention).Keep in mind that he doesn't need your attention he
>just wants it. It is not too late to train him; if you train him to yowl
>every time he wants something he will never stop. But if you train him that
>things happen at a certain time, regardless of his yowling, eg you pat him
>after you get up at 7am and not before, no matter how much he yowls, then he
>will soon stop. Right now he thinks that the minute he yowls you come
>running. This is not what you want him to think. You want him to think that
>every morning, at 7am AND NOT BEFORE you get up and lavish attention on him
>(or whatever time you choose). Most importantly do not respond to the yowls,
>no matter how heartbreaking they may be. Tell yourself that he doesn't
>'need' cuddles right now, he needs cuddles regularly, but he won't be
>psychologically damaged or doubt you if you don't cuddle him the minute he
>yowls. Instead he will learn that behaving anti socially is fine and you
>will put up with it. Cats like routine, and the sooner you make him aware of
>your routine, he will feel a lot more secure, knowing that at x am you will
>get up and feed/pat him. This will decrease his anxiety and also the
>yowling. Sorry if this is over-long and convoluted but I hoep it helps.
>Good luck
Thank you Meeee, your suggestions make way to much sense, we will be starting
a NEW routine tonight!!

chili palmer
September 27th 06, 10:54 PM
Vinnie34 via CatKB.com wrote:

> Thank you for all the helpful info, I do belive he was neutered just before I
> adopted him and do think he yowls all night for attention or loneliness
> because he quiets down when I bring him to bed with me, but gets up again
> after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but would
> love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck

Vinnie Im not sure just why a male or any cat would do this
but the thing is, how can you say "I would love to get a full nights
sleep"?

how can you say that?

it's just a cat...

don't tell me you are scared he won't like you if you correct him

call it what you want

sure, mine have woke me up plenty of times..

why? uh.. i left the door to my bedroom open?

all you have to do, listen.. shut your door
when the yowling starts up, chunk a can good at the bedroom door

let him know you don't like it

these low thudding sounds won't scare him so bad that it injures him

I guarantee you it will work on the second or third can..
and thereafter, on the second can
and thereafter on the first can

and soon.. maybe once a week.. and soon.. no more.

they are dumb little creatures compared to us. they don't understand
our needs
he means no harm, he doesn't know how important your sleep is

throw something at the door.. he will stop

keep on ****ing around with him, let him know you're a pussy about it
too

you pussy! lol

VINNIE IS A PUSSY

meeee
September 27th 06, 11:08 PM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>
> I have 6 cats and I run my
>> home. We have rules that they follow. One of which is not annoying people
>> at
>> night, and during meal times.
>
> That's a good handful of cats, have you shared pictures yet?
>
> maybe Vic needs to hide the fact that he's up in the middle fo the
> night every night
>
> after all, Yowlie on yowls after Vic get up

Here's pics....www.pacificatscairns.blogspot.com

And cats can hear you even when you're really, really quiet. Mine still yowl
when I wake up, just in case. I just shut the door and ignore them, and they
stop when they realize it isn't working. When I used to try and 'comfort'
them (there are actually 2 yowlers, 1 is worse as he's Siamese and very
loud) they would yowl loudly for hours. The Siamese figured out that I could
hear him through my adjoining window if he yowled loudly out of the left
side of his window. I even tried to move him outside into the enclosure
overnight, but he just yowled all night and woke the neighbours then. He is
very affectionate (as Vic's cat sounds) and would love to spend 24 hours
with me. However the continual Siamese commentary on life (apart from the
yowls) is not conducive to sleep,....

meeee
September 27th 06, 11:08 PM
"Vinnie34 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>>[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
>>> after a while and starts in again, ignoring it is all I can do, but
>>> would
>>> love to get a full nights sleep....whish me luck
>>
>>Good luck, I would advise not allowing him to sleep with you at this stage
>>as he will not sleep through, but will wake periodically to yowl. I know
>>it
>>is hard, but shut him away from you, and don't even talk to him or open
>>the
>>door when he yowls; this is teaching him that by yowling he gets what he
>>wants (your attention).Keep in mind that he doesn't need your attention he
>>just wants it. It is not too late to train him; if you train him to yowl
>>every time he wants something he will never stop. But if you train him
>>that
>>things happen at a certain time, regardless of his yowling, eg you pat him
>>after you get up at 7am and not before, no matter how much he yowls, then
>>he
>>will soon stop. Right now he thinks that the minute he yowls you come
>>running. This is not what you want him to think. You want him to think
>>that
>>every morning, at 7am AND NOT BEFORE you get up and lavish attention on
>>him
>>(or whatever time you choose). Most importantly do not respond to the
>>yowls,
>>no matter how heartbreaking they may be. Tell yourself that he doesn't
>>'need' cuddles right now, he needs cuddles regularly, but he won't be
>>psychologically damaged or doubt you if you don't cuddle him the minute he
>>yowls. Instead he will learn that behaving anti socially is fine and you
>>will put up with it. Cats like routine, and the sooner you make him aware
>>of
>>your routine, he will feel a lot more secure, knowing that at x am you
>>will
>>get up and feed/pat him. This will decrease his anxiety and also the
>>yowling. Sorry if this is over-long and convoluted but I hoep it helps.
>>Good luck
> Thank you Meeee, your suggestions make way to much sense, we will be
> starting
> a NEW routine tonight!!

Good luck....fingers crossed for you. Hope you have earplugs!!

boot
September 28th 06, 03:03 AM
Nice pics! Good action photos! Beautiful poozies. I really enjoyed
seeing them.

Carol

Re making the cat in the grass: I started out with just the ears and
eye dots, then started looking around on the keyboard until I found
suitable shapes to incorporate. It took a long time to make the first
one. :)

meeee
September 28th 06, 06:34 AM
"boot" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Nice pics! Good action photos! Beautiful poozies. I really enjoyed
> seeing them.
>
> Carol
>
> Re making the cat in the grass: I started out with just the ears and
> eye dots, then started looking around on the keyboard until I found
> suitable shapes to incorporate. It took a long time to make the first
> one. :)

Very clever!!! I'll have to try...and thanks!! Can you tell I like orange
tabbies??

chili palmer
September 28th 06, 04:47 PM
meeee wrote:
> Here's pics....www.pacificatscairns.blogspot.com

Very nice blog! Thanks for sharing

You and your cats are very cute

meeeee, you cats just don't know you dislike the yowling

I'm not knocking any passive/agressive method, and I don't think just
because something works that it's neccessarily the best way

You know how I feel. I'd get up and scatter me some cats and they would
love me for it.

I think the rule is, in the end, when you are actually just making some
noise...
putting a little healthy fear and respect in them.. this is not
damaging to them

You wouldn't know it to listen to me talk, but both my cats wallow me
at will.

there's just some things I can't let them get by with. Yowling is one
of them.

scratching on my door is another...
but they come in here very often, just sometimes I'd rather them not be
in here swirling around or laying over there jeering at me.

they can lay in here all they want, just not jeer at me.

big ol eyes just lay and look atcha.. Im not having it, lol.

i tell em.. "go on, laying there looking at me"..

I go rough'em up wiht a few big kisses on the neck and they hop down

then they are like.. "stop with all the kisses already"

muuuu hahahaha

meeee
September 28th 06, 10:05 PM
Lol well, I'm sure you know how to keep your cats in line....i have siamese
so they tend to be a bit highly strung; they are the yowlers. I also have
domestic shorthairs, who are a lot more robust, and can handle the odd shoe
thrown at them. But when in doubt go gently, and as I don't know the OP's
cats, softly softly IYKWIM. Being the 'leader of the pack' so to speak is
the most important thing. I had to remind one of my boys last night; my
hubby is a bit of a softy and has started giving him bits during dinner
time, so now he thinks he's running the house!! He was almost grabbing food
off plates, not on IMO. I used the spray bottle quite liberally; he was
saturated before he would give up, I'll have to keep at him over the next
couple of days, he's very smart (and a smart aleck too!) Sounds like you
love your cats....got any pictures??

"chili palmer" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> Here's pics....www.pacificatscairns.blogspot.com
>
> Very nice blog! Thanks for sharing
>
> You and your cats are very cute
>
> meeeee, you cats just don't know you dislike the yowling
>
> I'm not knocking any passive/agressive method, and I don't think just
> because something works that it's neccessarily the best way
>
> You know how I feel. I'd get up and scatter me some cats and they would
> love me for it.
>
> I think the rule is, in the end, when you are actually just making some
> noise...
> putting a little healthy fear and respect in them.. this is not
> damaging to them
>
> You wouldn't know it to listen to me talk, but both my cats wallow me
> at will.
>
> there's just some things I can't let them get by with. Yowling is one
> of them.
>
> scratching on my door is another...
> but they come in here very often, just sometimes I'd rather them not be
> in here swirling around or laying over there jeering at me.
>
> they can lay in here all they want, just not jeer at me.
>
> big ol eyes just lay and look atcha.. Im not having it, lol.
>
> i tell em.. "go on, laying there looking at me"..
>
> I go rough'em up wiht a few big kisses on the neck and they hop down
>
> then they are like.. "stop with all the kisses already"
>
> muuuu hahahaha

cybercat
September 29th 06, 12:32 AM
"meeee" > wrote

> Lol well, I'm sure you know how to keep your cats in line....i have
> siamese so they tend to be a bit highly strung; they are the yowlers.

When my cats bug me ...

I just pick them up and rough up their furr and kiss them and squeeze them
and love on them and sing to them and examine their little feet and play
with
their tales and check their eyes for boogies and their coats for knots and
their
skin for bumps and rub their tummies and check their ears to see if they are
dirty and flip them on their backs and hold them like little babies.

It's usually a while before they bother me again.

chili palmer
September 29th 06, 02:04 AM
meeee wrote:
he was
> saturated before he would give up, I'll have to keep at him over the next
> couple of days, he's very smart (and a smart aleck too!) Sounds like you
> love your cats....

I can picture that! chomp chomp chomp...
your cat must have a little bit of doggie in him

>got any pictures??

I do, Ill have to dig some up, or, make some more...
my web cam is just a cheapy, but does good, if there's plenty of light

Lucy is the oldest, she's about 8 yrs old
Jupiter is my baby, she's going on one year

Jupiter is fearless, she likes to ride on my shoulders through the
house
she's extremely vocal, loves to follow me around chatting with me.

She likes me to chase her, I guess that's normal

ill be back, going to make some fresh kitty porn

meeee
September 29th 06, 04:02 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "meeee" > wrote
>
>> Lol well, I'm sure you know how to keep your cats in line....i have
>> siamese so they tend to be a bit highly strung; they are the yowlers.
>
> When my cats bug me ...
>
> I just pick them up and rough up their furr and kiss them and squeeze them
> and love on them and sing to them and examine their little feet and play
> with
> their tales and check their eyes for boogies and their coats for knots and
> their
> skin for bumps and rub their tummies and check their ears to see if they
> are
> dirty and flip them on their backs and hold them like little babies.
>
> It's usually a while before they bother me again.

LMAO I can see it now.... that works for my boy...but not my girl. She's
interfering with my typing as we speak....

chili palmer
September 29th 06, 04:04 AM
meeee wrote:
got any pictures??

http://picasaweb.google.com/bigbadbarry/

here is some pics I just made

they didn't mind sitting still, they liked the warm light on them

Lucy is still a bit skittish overall, she broke her leg once, her
previous owner had the leg set with steel pins... I've had Lucy and
Jupiter right about the same length of time. I got Jupiter when she was
just a fuzzy little black kitten... climbing on me hiding inside my
jacket, like I say, she's about one year old now.

meeee
September 29th 06, 04:04 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> meeee wrote:
> he was
>> saturated before he would give up, I'll have to keep at him over the next
>> couple of days, he's very smart (and a smart aleck too!) Sounds like you
>> love your cats....
>
> I can picture that! chomp chomp chomp...
> your cat must have a little bit of doggie in him
>
>>got any pictures??
>
> I do, Ill have to dig some up, or, make some more...
> my web cam is just a cheapy, but does good, if there's plenty of light
>
> Lucy is the oldest, she's about 8 yrs old
> Jupiter is my baby, she's going on one year
>
> Jupiter is fearless, she likes to ride on my shoulders through the
> house
> she's extremely vocal, loves to follow me around chatting with me.
>
> She likes me to chase her, I guess that's normal
>
> ill be back, going to make some fresh kitty porn

oooh yes please!! Can't wait...I just got my new Siamese girl yesterday and
my hubby is, well, he's a dog person and we now have 7 cats....but he'll get
over it, I bought him a 1kg bag of pistachios to soften him up. Waiting on
the pictures.....:)

meeee
September 29th 06, 05:15 AM
They are stunners; I love black cats....I don't have one at the mo, but one
day....I liked the photos; very mysterious; you managed to catch their
catness which is not easy!! Thanks!!
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
> got any pictures??
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/bigbadbarry/
>
> here is some pics I just made
>
> they didn't mind sitting still, they liked the warm light on them
>
> Lucy is still a bit skittish overall, she broke her leg once, her
> previous owner had the leg set with steel pins... I've had Lucy and
> Jupiter right about the same length of time. I got Jupiter when she was
> just a fuzzy little black kitten... climbing on me hiding inside my
> jacket, like I say, she's about one year old now.

chili palmer
September 29th 06, 05:20 AM
meeee wrote:
> They are stunners; I love black cats....I don't have one at the mo, but one
> day....I liked the photos; very mysterious; you managed to catch their
> catness which is not easy!! Thanks!!
> "chili palmer" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

yure welcome and thanks

talking about letting cats outside, I have a neat little privacy fence
around the inner back yard
tomorrow I want to go around the top inside with a 2' strip of kennel
wire.. Im going to make it so it hangs almost horizontal, but more
upward... hope this keeps them in.

otherwise, ill just have to invest in some conventional fence topping
for cats

meeee
September 29th 06, 05:53 AM
"chili palmer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> meeee wrote:
>> They are stunners; I love black cats....I don't have one at the mo, but
>> one
>> day....I liked the photos; very mysterious; you managed to catch their
>> catness which is not easy!! Thanks!!
>> "chili palmer" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>
> yure welcome and thanks
>
> talking about letting cats outside, I have a neat little privacy fence
> around the inner back yard
> tomorrow I want to go around the top inside with a 2' strip of kennel
> wire.. Im going to make it so it hangs almost horizontal, but more
> upward... hope this keeps them in.
>
> otherwise, ill just have to invest in some conventional fence topping
> for cats

Yep, I'd love to do that....we're renting atm, so there's not a lot I can
do, but I have plans (cue evil larfter) I've been researching and seen some
very creative ideas; one lady had made an 'alcatraz' with a wire slated
fence topped by a wire that slanted inwards on an angle, exactly like those
security fences, except the other way around. Although she mostly had
persians and himalayans, which aren't exactly the most energetic cats,so I'm
not sure whether a Siamese would get over it. The other thing she had in
some spots was a foot and a half high strip of plexiglass; nearly invisible,
and the cats couldn't get a grip to climb over it...probably a bit exxy tho.
Keep me posted, as I'd like to know how your ideas work/don't work...

Kenda
October 1st 06, 03:58 AM
I am not sure who you are..but you obviosly don't know anything but
stereotypes about cats..I work with three service cats..two of which
comfortable accompany me in the community...All three wear harnesses
and do just fine..I am more concerned with dogs being outsdie lose than
cats...if you would like to see my condition signaler Aladdin at work
take a look at the picture section of if
someone wants to figure it out and tell me how to put pictures here I
will...al my cats are very comfortable in harness and leash and two of
them walk quite well on leash..I have a specific technique for leash
breaking...were you the one who suggested advantage? I would like to
point out that frontline might be a better choice as not to be mixed up
with advantix..I have to admit I have used the soft part of a broom to
get certain cats out of dangerous situations but beating cats is one of
those borderline personality things..have you checked with your local
mental health services...cats happen to be very easy to train...from
someone with phsyical, mental, and developement disabilities, GROW UP!
I wonder if free feeding might help with all this yowling or telling
thee cat ssshhh its a natural sign of danger...Aladdin has been trained
to do reiki as well and it seems to have attuned his condition
signalling response immensely..Anyone else who has a service cat who
wants to register him/her Service ANimal of America is a good
choice...<grin> -Kenda