PDA

View Full Version : Calici virus

tabitha
September 25th 06, 07:16 PM
Can anyone offer information or advice about how to keep this virus at
bay in cats already compromised by their mothers being FIV positive.
The kittens have all tested negative for FIV in their DNA

Kenda
September 26th 06, 03:31 AM
I'm saying this for everyone's benefit not your because you probably
already know this...but vaccinating for this virus is a big
risk..because if your vaccinated cat gets out and ends up at the pound
it will probably be put down because they will think she/he has the
virus because if I understnad correctly it shows up the same on the
test..its blood born isn't it? I've never met a cat who actually has
had it, have you asked the vet?-Kenda